ABZ Football Podcast

12 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Sure they're churning out some insightful content but over 3 hours? I'm not even going to click play.

The ones I've tried listening to are very wishy washy, attempting to sound like a balanced pundit. Give us a couple of strong clueless opinions in 5 minutes like that Arsenal fan tv. Glass out, Cormack's a cunt etc. 

Indeed , I skip about 2hrs , the 1hr is good tho

On 4/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, Dynamo said:

Podcasts should be no more than 45 minutes. 

Player interview stand alone show.

Women Review separate pod (that no one will listen to).

Careful, as much as i listen to they're show they're not too keen on criticism. 

They seem to be of the opinion that if you don't want to listen then don't. 

I agree thoughts, I think the interviews should perhaps be separate from the analysis and preview part of the show. 3hrs is far too long.

On 4/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, Dynamo said:

Podcasts should be no more than 45 minutes. 

Player interview stand alone show.

Women Review separate pod (that no one will listen to).

Rubbish their podcast have been great even the long ones. If it takes a couple of sittings so be it but their analysis of games I’d usually ok and their interviews with past players are great, probably the main reason I listen in. 

If I have one gripe with them and it’s probably minor, they agree with each other to much and don’t get a bit of a debate going on why things in games went wrong 

6 hours ago, thurso said:

Rubbish their podcast have been great even the long ones. If it takes a couple of sittings so be it but their analysis of games I’d usually ok and their interviews with past players are great, probably the main reason I listen in. 

If I have one gripe with them and it’s probably minor, they agree with each other to much and don’t get a bit of a debate going on why things in games went wrong 

Leave that pretend disagreement for listener crap to talkshite 

2 hours ago, cruzcampo3 said:

Leave that pretend disagreement for listener crap to talkshite 

So you agree with everything they say do you. For an example, half the season they talked about how good ojo was, one of them could easily said no in fact he’s crap and should leave. 

And I wouldn’t know what talkshite is like never listened to it 

and it was only a miner gripe I actually love the podcast like I said 

16 hours ago, thurso said:

It wasn't a criticism as I think that their podcast it really good. My personal preference is shorter episodes that's all. Different strokes and all that. I rarely get through it before the next episode or match has happened meaning it's out of date.

Anyone bother watching that Ally Begg TV on YouTube? Good idea but no chance that he would criticise the club. 

34 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

It wasn't a criticism as I think that their podcast it really good. My personal preference is shorter episodes that's all. Different strokes and all that. I rarely get through it before the next episode or match has happened meaning it's out of date.

Anyone bother watching that Ally Begg TV on YouTube? Good idea but no chance that he would criticise the club. 

Ye some could be shorter I suppose but with my work going from job to job I get time to listen to it in the van. 

The interviews add the time on I think, which is good as I’m not sure where else you get interviews like that with ex Aberdeen players 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, huncunts said:

Can you summarise anything interesting. The Cormack interview was unlistenable, from both of them.

It’s only an hour (the Hunter segment). I’m sure you’ll manage. 

I do agree he waffles a bit, but I still found the ITK type snippets interesting - Glass offered an experienced hand and said no, Russell a Fanny. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc
28 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Rob Wicks on a 'hearts and minds offensive' with interviews on ABZ Podcast and RTG Podcast today.

Not listened yet.

I put it off after opening gambit by Glenn from Guess Who?

All those podcast* stars have the same phoney introduction style.

*podcasts, lol

Listen to both RTG & ABZ podcasts and are both good.

The ABZ interviews with the ex players are good and the Mark Reynolds one is good listening but the best ABZ one, was when they ripped the piss out of Greig Wylde and got feedback from podcasters of all the other clubs he's been at, just to show how much of a bell-end he is.

Other football ones I listen to is BBC Scotland - Sacked in the Morning (the Dick Campbell episode is hilarious) and the Peter Crouch podcast

8 hours ago, Iraq_Red said:

Listen to both RTG & ABZ podcasts and are both good.

The ABZ interviews with the ex players are good and the Mark Reynolds one is good listening but the best ABZ one, was when they ripped the piss out of Greig Wylde and got feedback from podcasters of all the other clubs he's been at, just to show how much of a bell-end he is.

Other football ones I listen to is BBC Scotland - Sacked in the Morning (the Dick Campbell episode is hilarious) and the Peter Crouch podcast

It’s weird how they always go on about Greg Wylde? Not even on my radar of shite to play for us.