Sportsound

Not sure if there's a better thread for this. Richard Gordon is finishing up with Sportsound (on a Saturday at least).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61247131

He's been presenting for as long as I can remember, and for me is the most trustable person in Scottish football. Was always a comfort to know he's one of us, but I get the impression other teams' fans like him too. Level headed though often surrounded by those who aren't, a man amongst muppets.

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Not sure if there's a better thread for this. Richard Gordon is finishing up with Sportsound (on a Saturday at least).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61247131

He's been presenting for as long as I can remember, and for me is the most trustable person in Scottish football. Was always a comfort to know he's one of us, but I get the impression other teams' fans like him too. Level headed though often surrounded by those who aren't, a man amongst muppets.

He used to go on same bus to away games when he worked in a bank. A decent lad and hates the huns.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye he's done a good job trying to hold that band of illiterate pundits together every Saturday afternoon. 

Hopefully takes a job hosting red tv. 

He's still going to be doing Sunday's otherwise he'd have been brilliant for that.

Kenny MacIntyre tipped to take over ffs.

Shite news. Mycintyre is a red top hack. Sportsound will definitely lose it’s spirit. Sadly they’ve not been blooding anyone else capable. A sad day when it happens.

The lad Gary from the bbc Scotland morning show would be a good shout, not sure if he’s interested in sport, but he’s got a sharp wit and not a fuckwit like the current supporting cast.

17 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Shite news. Mycintyre is a red top hack. Sportsound will definitely lose it’s spirit. Sadly they’ve not been blooding anyone else capable. A sad day when it happens.

The lad Gary from the bbc Scotland morning show would be a good shout, not sure if he’s interested in sport, but he’s got a sharp wit and not a fuckwit like the current supporting cast.

Gary Robertson, I think he is from Elgin, aye I like him he's not afraid to press politicians hard in questions, 

Mind you if that dame Lucy Whyte has a lovely voice, 

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

He used to go on same bus to away games when he worked in a bank. A decent lad and hates the huns.

He's always very complimentary about them on radio.  He was at it again the other night, 'a wonderful result for Scottish football!'  Gordon certainly isn't a fool - so surely he is aware that's nonsense?

Neither here nor there for me... but I do find it interesting that Ally Begg gets it tight on here for his spell on Celtic TV, whilst another Dons fan, who's made his entire career out of fawning over the OF, gets away without much criticism?   

31 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He's always very complimentary about them on radio.  He was at it again the other night, 'a wonderful result for Scottish football!'  Gordon certainly isn't a fool - so surely he is aware that's nonsense?

Neither here nor there for me... but I do find it interesting that Ally Begg gets it tight on here for his spell on Celtic TV, whilst another Dons fan, who's made his entire career out of fawning over the OF, gets away without much criticism?   

Gordon couldn't approach his work like that. 

Rangers winning in Europe is good for the coefficient, it's a big reason why hearts will be playing group stage football after Christmas next season. That's why they say it's good. Gordon/media/pundits would argue that having more Scottish teams in Europe for longer is better for the game. 

The reason we say it's bad is because it just enriches the gruesome twosome further and allows them to pull even further away from the rest of us, making the league more and more of a farce. 

I wouldn't say he fawns over them, either. Sticks the boot in when he can whenever I listen. 

39 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Ally Begg worked for Celtic didn’t he? Richard Gordon works for a national broadcaster.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Or his book with a chapter dedicated to his 'Celtic family'.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Gordon couldn't approach his work like that. 

Rangers winning in Europe is good for the coefficient, it's a big reason why hearts will be playing group stage football after Christmas next season. That's why they say it's good. Gordon/media/pundits would argue that having more Scottish teams in Europe for longer is better for the game. 

The reason we say it's bad is because it just enriches the gruesome twosome further and allows them to pull even further away from the rest of us, making the league more and more of a farce. 

I wouldn't say he fawns over them, either. Sticks the boot in when he can whenever I listen. 

Quite funny last night when Liam Macleod started discussing RB Leipzig’ history.  How they bought a low level club, invested in it, transformed it to where they are now.

Described as kind of a new club but not really, controversial etc etc

you could imagine the hotline from the lodge to BBC sports head office ringing to tell him to move on. Quickly.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Ally Begg worked for Celtic didn’t he? Richard Gordon works for a national broadcaster.

Exactly - a ridiculous comparison.  Gordon doesn't have a chapter in his book dedicated to "the Celtic story" either.

In short Ally Begg is a cringy, buck toothed, tim wank

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Quite funny last night when Liam Macleod started discussing RB Leipzig’ history.  How they bought a low level club, invested in it, transformed it to where they are now.

Described as kind of a new club but not really, controversial etc etc

you could imagine the hotline from the lodge to BBC sports head office ringing to tell him to move on. Quickly.

Aye BT sport were doing the same thing, was quite funny. 

Would've been good if someone like Sutton was there to make a wee jibe, rather than the endless cheerleading and sucking of cock over this side. 

Just get them fucking emptied Leipzig and put an end to it. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Exactly - a ridiculous comparison.  Gordon doesn't have a chapter in his book dedicated to "the Celtic story" either.

In short Ally Begg is a cringy, buck toothed, tim wank

Hallijulua! Ally begg is a tink can't stand the cunt! 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Ah well fuck him as well then, hun cunt

Do you fucking blame him? ClUb is a circus ! And maybe he doesn't want to be employed by that shyster cunt conmack

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not keen on some that have dined out on AFC's name for years now jumping ship to work for Cove, rats.

Aye, the anti Cormack faction(2014 intake) have no shame in hitching a lift on the Cove Huns bandwagon. The usual fat country tarts and their henpecked ugly husbands.

Never liked Dick Gordon(lifelong Dons fan yeah lol), always came across as a snide bully on the radio. 

Cormack must respond!