Sportsound

On 7/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, Wee Alickie said:

We get Radio Glasgow on the radio, and Reporting Glasgow on the TV. Both obsessed with our First Minister and what she has to say. None of them understand or speak for the country as a whole. Even Northsound has weegie presenters, newsreaders, and adverts. I avoid them all. 

I will no longer be listening to Sportsound on any day of the week.

You sound like an obsessed old wifie Daily Mail reader.

Do you just listen to red tinted specs podcasts and NECR/Waves radio for all yir local news and entertainment aye?  

Sportsound plumbed new depths today with Chick Young declaring the Morton 0 v Falkirk 0 , subsequent penalty shootout a 4-4 draw ! And that neither side would gain the additional point on offer after a drawn match.Soon pointed out to Chick that Falkirk had in fact scored all five of their penalties and had won the penalty shootout and extra point.Just utterly embarrassing to listen to.

3 hours ago, graham said:

Sportsound plumbed new depths today with Chick Young declaring the Morton 0 v Falkirk 0 , subsequent penalty shootout a 4-4 draw ! And that neither side would gain the additional point on offer after a drawn match.Soon pointed out to Chick that Falkirk had in fact scored all five of their penalties and had won the penalty shootout and extra point.Just utterly embarrassing to listen to.

It really was, horrific now

Some of you might remember BBC Scotland’s original Kenny Macintyre from the 1980s and 1990s: that was Kenny’s dad, Kenny senior. Neither on the football field nor the political scene did you lightly mess with Kenny Snr. The fearless attack-dog of BBC Scotland’s political coverage, Kenny Snr got wired into them all – including Margaret Thatcher – and very rarely came out the other side bearing any bruises. His death at the age of 55 robbed the Beeb of an exceptional talent in 1999 but here we are 23 years on, and an equally voluble Kenny Macintyre is creating waves, and making many debate in football whether he is the dude or a dud.

Nepatism alive and kicking at Pacific Quay.

• 3 weeks later...

Just read an, albeit old, article where, apparently, that little rodent, Chris McLaughlan, is still banned from feckin' Ibrox, despite BBC Scotland's recent grovelling apology.

Stopped listening to Sevcosound and watching Reporting Sevco a long time ago but cannot believe that such a poisonous, evil organisation can continue to carry such influence.

On a separate issue given such apparent power, even in refereeing circles, can anyone see VAR being fairly applied?

58 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Just read an, albeit old, article where, apparently, that little rodent, Chris McLaughlan, is still banned from feckin' Ibrox, despite BBC Scotland's recent grovelling apology.

Stopped listening to Sevcosound and watching Reporting Sevco a long time ago but cannot believe that such a poisonous, evil organisation can continue to carry such influence.

On a separate issue given such apparent power, even in refereeing circles, can anyone see VAR being fairly applied?

Yep

3 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Is Chris mclaughlan being banned from ibrox any different to Scott Burns being banned from Pittodrie? 

Guest findlay_1903
56 minutes ago, Millertime said:

With what grit, out of interest?

I wouldn’t have the foggiest. Don’t know my sandpapers. What ever is the most unpleasant. 

7 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Dermovate cream. Thank me in 3-4 days time.

That's a fucking powerful steroid. You certainly wouldn't get prescribed that straight off, you'd get a much less potent steroid. But even then, I'd still be very wary of applying a steroid anywhere near my gary glitter. 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Burns was banned for factually reporting on the Dons. Not his fault we had a mole. Both pathetic to be fair. 

I agree it's daft to ban him.

But expecting the media to be complicit in covering up wide spread racism in your support base and expecting them not to leak details of contract talks is different imo.

Just now, Helmet said:

I agree it's daft to ban him.

But expecting the media to be complicit in covering up wide spread racism in your support base and expecting them not to leak details of contract talks is different imo.

Journalists report the news - they are both doing their job. 

On 7/31/2022 at 11:22 AM, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

You should get an award for most commas in a paragraph for that first one min.

Comma away

• Haha 1