Have you ever had a hiding?

Studebaker-90

5 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

The ability to take a kicking is a fine art. 

The modern half mast wearing activist type ends up depressed and scared to leave the house after a medium strength straight jab down the nostrils. 

Took a beating by 2 pool cue wielding thugs in Rosemount in 1997. My friends were nothing short of a disgrace and i was left to battle my way out of certain death. 

I like the one where the nerds tried to beat up Wardog beside the Red Lion then they got destroyed and left in tears. 

Taken a few hidins from my ma but never a serious one. Prefer to hold the jackets (and women) 

10 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Taken two bad eens. Once in ministry, jumped by 3 brothers I know (long-standing trouble with a group of their mates) ended up with a timberland mark across my face. @Quagmire will remember it. 

Jumped on windmill brae across from bugsys after I'd smacked someone on Pearl lounge then left myself and he followed me with his mates. Ended up with a broken cheekbone. 

Other than that it's usually me dishing oot the pastings. 

I’m just watching 

8 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

? Like a really shite version of The Warriors. 

It was. Lots of pavement dancing. Always remember my Robert Gordons mate launching a McD's milkshake off the back window of the Kincorth bus, giving it the big 'come on en' to one guy, then absolutely bricking it as the guy started making his way down the aisle of the bus ?

18 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Edinburgh is bad for bams.

I was once in Liquid Rooms and got so knocked out the next thing i remember was waking up in my bed with my mate next to me (female).

Some random Judas'd me.  Apparently I was on the floor for ages and when I came to, the bouncers asked me if I wanted to press charges.  I said  no - ledge.

Was having a bloody good time an all.  Madchester it was.

Stopped going out after that and became the lone wolfer I am today.  Hated drinking alone at first but now I'm appalled at the very thought of going out with people.

Buddy of mine who wouldn't say boo to a goose also got a bottle over his dome in Liquid Rooms.  Think he got a few grand compo for that an all.

honestly?

never had any grief in 7 years there.

9 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Aye gurning about fucking Covid every day for two years makes for better reading.

At least that was limited to one thread. Your fucking "great at blah blah blah" pollutes every single fucking thread. Like I say it's OK if it's even mildly amusing but the vast, vast majority are fucking shite.

I'm trying to do you a favour here boys. Just do them when they are funny.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Took a few over the years. One on Windmill Brae and one at Falkirk spring to mind. Outnumbered and booted to fuck. Didn't mind a black eye and had my nose broken but a proper hiding is scary shit. 

Scarier than getting in a car? 

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

About 25 years ago I went straight from a job( heavy manual work) to the boozer, and after the pubs shut I decided it would be nice to extend the night by going to a club. That's the one I chose. I had this manky work gear on, steel toe cap boots, manky t shirt, and rather than joining the queue I just  asked the bouncers if there was any way I was getting in. They just laughed. I went home.

When I got back to the b&b room and saw myself in the mirror ,I looked like Id been sleeping in a skip full of turds. Amazing how your mind works after a few beers(and quite a bit of vodka)

Would probably get in with that type of get up these days. 

19 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I had this manky work gear on, steel toe cap boots, manky t shirt, and rather than joining the queue I just  asked the bouncers if there was any way I was getting in. They just laughed. I went home.

You should have just said "Alright mate, I'm here to fix the dodgy tap, sorry I'm late" and strolled right in. 

• Upvote 1

Had a good few beatings in my time, because my fucking mouth.  Once I've had a drink in me I think I'm Oscar Wilde in direct proportion to how much I've had to drink, with the unfortunate side effect that any ability to defend myself declines in direct proportion to how much I've had to drink. There's probably a sweet spot where both lines intersect, and I'm capable of cutting badinage AND capable of putting up a fight. I never managed to find it, though. 

Only think I once ever had a knife pulled on me. In the bogs at some establishment on Bridge Place... some short, wee, junkie weegie savage comes flying out the cubicle I'd been hammering on, obviously coked to fuck... insisted he was going to cut my throat or somesuch mink nonsense, as he waved an efficient looking knife in my face. To be fair, what he was saying had a ring of truth to it, and I backed up slowly mumbling some drunken bollocks about a case of mistaken identity and I hoped he had just a SUPER rest of his evening. 

Don't think I'd like to be stabbed. Looks like it would sting.