League (Premier Sports) Cup.

Fucking depressing thinking we've to play in the shitey group stage but anyone know when the draw will be?

Regionalised so potential for a summer piss up at a game slightly more important/interesting than a friendly. 

Group stage
MD1: Weekend of July 9/10, 2022
MD2: Midweek of July 12/13, 2022
MD3: Weekend of July 16/17, 2022
MD4: Midweek of July 19/20, 2022
MD5: Weekend of July 23/24, 2022

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why are there 5 match days?  Groups of 6 playing each other once with odd number of home and away games? 

Sounds like a shambles 

5 in a group by the looks of it.

The groups are regionalised: there are four groups in the North section, and four in the South section, with three pots for each regional section – top seeds, second seeds, and unseeded clubs. Each group will consist of one top seed, one second seed, and three unseeded clubs. The eight group winners and three best runners-up progress into the second round.

I forgot about the extra point if win on pens too. 

In the group phase, three points are given for a win and one point for a draw. If matches are level after ninety minutes, a penalty shoot-out is held with the winning team gaining a bonus point.

18 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Fucking depressing thinking we've to play in the shitey group stage but anyone know when the draw will be?

Regionalised so potential for a summer piss up at a game slightly more important/interesting than a friendly. 

Group stage

:suicide:

9 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

5 in a group by the looks of it.

The groups are regionalised: there are four groups in the North section, and four in the South section, with three pots for each regional section – top seeds, second seeds, and unseeded clubs. Each group will consist of one top seed, one second seed, and three unseeded clubs. The eight group winners and three best runners-up progress into the second round.

I forgot about the extra point if win on pens too. 

In the group phase, three points are given for a win and one point for a draw. If matches are level after ninety minutes, a penalty shoot-out is held with the winning team gaining a bonus point.

Cheers min. 

First time we've ever had to bother with this stuff 

47 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Group stage

I am so bored of the repetitive Premiership that there is a strong chance I will attend more league cup group matches than league games next season.

20,000 at Fraserburgh at home on a Wednesday night in the sun. Class

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I am so bored of the repetitive Premiership that there is a strong chance I will attend more league cup group matches than league games next season.

20,000 at Fraserburgh at home on a Wednesday night in the sun. Class

I'm hoping for Montrose away, doon on the train, 3pm ko, Saturday 9th July, first game of the season, in the sun, 0-0, win on pens, two points in the bag! Hampden here we come! 

6 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I'm hoping for Montrose away, doon on the train, 3pm ko, Saturday 9th July, first game of the season, in the sun, 0-0, win on pens, two points in the bag! Hampden here we come! 

Our only recent success started with a 0-0 at Pittodrie versus lower league guff and we went through on pens. 

8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So it might be fun for a year and it’s happening so might as well embrace it. Maybe it will see us start the league season in a bit better shape?

Exactly. If hearts can come back from relegation and the championship and sweep 3rd by 20 odd points it just shows you don’t even have to be that good. 

some fine days in the sun, win a trophy and secure 3rd next season. League and europa league double the season after obviously. 

I am deadly serious too

We were supposed to be in the group stages in Europe this year. I actually hate Stephen Glass. Particularly for being such a prick in his responses to journalists.

"Tough one out there today Stephen?"

"Eh? What? Did you not see the stats? We dominated possession".

"You lost 2-0 though Stephen".

"Fuck off".

• Haha 1

The way the squad looks at the moment, I would be stunned if we could finish above Cove and even Montrose in a league cup group. We would beat Elgin, but Peterhead would give us a decent game. 

There is the possibility of being in a group with ICT, Cove and Montrose. 

That frankly gives me the fear. 

13 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Exactly. If hearts can come back from relegation and the championship and sweep 3rd by 20 odd points it just shows you don’t even have to be that good. 

Just need a good keeper and a team of semi competent grafters and 3rd’s yours.

Depressing stuff.

17 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Just need a good keeper and a team of semi competent grafters and 3rd’s yours.

Depressing stuff.

Couple new centre backs essential.

Considering the defensive difference a big donkey alongside a cripple who couldn't even be arsed playing anymore made last season compared to this season.....

I dont think I can name a worse defensive duo for us than Bates & Gallagher

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Couple new centre backs essential.

Considering the defensive difference a big donkey alongside a cripple who couldn't even be arsed playing anymore made last season compared to this season.....

I dont think I can name a worse defensive duo for us than Bates & Gallagher

Grassi and Ifil played together at times in 2009-10. They must surely be worse than Gallagher and Bates?

20 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Probably. But in terms of a first choice pairing for the entire season I am struggling to name anyone.

The problem is, it’s very unlikely we’ll sign two centre halves so at least one of Gallagher/Bates will play.

We will sign one - The only thing is, the one we want is no better than the two we have, and he’s going to cost about £200k.

A pairing of Gallagher/Dunne isn’t exactly one to plug the leaks in that defence. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The problem is, it’s very unlikely we’ll sign two centre halves so at least one of Gallagher/Bates will play.

We will sign one - The only thing is, the one we want is no better than the two we have, and he’s going to cost about £200k.

A pairing of Gallagher/Dunne isn’t exactly one to plug the leaks in that defence. 

I would rather force Hoban to come back with no pre season than see Bates, Gallagher or Dunne. But you are right

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The Dunne bid is just a rumour though at this point.

If we believed all the rumours then we'll be signing 4 goalies this summer. Alnwick, Clark, Siegrist and Hladky

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The Dunne bid is just a rumour though at this point.

If we believed all the rumours then we'll be signing 4 goalies this summer. Alnwick, Clark, Siegrist and Hladky

Interesting new tactic by Goodwin for keeping clean sheets!! 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

The Retard has Clark about to open pre-contract talks with the Arabs.

At least we know now that one of our rumoured pre-contracts already signed isn't him

Forrest or Charles-Cook would be my guess if we've got a pre-contract with anyone in our division.  Maybe the boy from Hamilton from the division below.