Pre season 22/23

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Think we need to give it a week or 2 yet. We still have our left sided centre back to get excited about. Hopefully a lot of targets in that ridiculous nations league. It’s not ideal though considering pre season is now underway. 

Can only assume that deal has fallen through as it was weeks ago?

i can’t recall a pre season where we’ve had less info. When’s the first game ?

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Think we need to give it a week or 2 yet. We still have our left sided centre back to get excited about. Hopefully a lot of targets in that ridiculous nations league. It’s not ideal though considering pre season is now underway. 

20 minutes ago, RUL said:

Absolutely mental to say that if it wasn’t a done deal. Also a little concerned at how much he’s bigging up Mowbray. Lads already under a lot of pressure without that. Hope he’s the real deal! 

8 hours ago, RUL said:

Unusual for a manager to mention a signing like that, unless it’s a fully done deal… embarrassing if he’s jumped the gun here..

11 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Unusual for a manager to mention a signing like that, unless it’s a fully done deal… embarrassing if he’s jumped the gun here..

Presumably it was Scales and presumably Celtic thought they'd have a left back in the bag, and then Starfelt pulled his hamstring further complicating matters.

Quite possibly the terms with Celtic and Scales were all agreed and just waiting on the green light from Celtic. I'd like us to move on in those circumstances but youve really got to back the manager if he's happy to wait it out

11 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

He never claimed it was a done deal? Just that he thought it was close? It probably was but after that Celtic's circumstances have changed.

If it was Scales he was talking about.

Hopefully it wasn't Dunne. Although I'd have no problem with that deal falling through. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Presumably it was Scales and presumably Celtic thought they'd have a left back in the bag, and then Starfelt pulled his hamstring further complicating matters.

Quite possibly the terms with Celtic and Scales were all agreed and just waiting on the green light from Celtic. I'd like us to move on in those circumstances but youve really got to back the manager if he's happy to wait it out

Referred to as “doing a Christie”

Yes I would have liked us to have had more signings in by now but this is a pre-season that we’re not used too. Normally we need to do our business really early as we’ve got European games to contend with. 

I know the league cup group stage is coming up but if the current squad can’t beat the likes of Peterhead and Stirling Albion then we be as well locking up and throwing the keys away. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Yes I would have liked us to have had more signings in by now but this is a pre-season that we’re not used too. Normally we need to do our business really early as we’ve got European games to contend with. 

I know the league cup group stage is coming up but if the current squad can’t beat the likes of Peterhead and Stirling Albion then we be as well locking up and throwing the keys away. 

If we went in to the league cup group stage with the current squad it wouldn’t be a surprise if we suffered a couple of embarrassing defeats.

13 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

How would you say that worked out for us?