Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
starryfish

Pre season 22/23

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Think we need to give it a week or 2 yet. We still have our left sided centre back to get excited about. Hopefully a lot of targets in that ridiculous nations league. It’s not ideal though considering pre season is now underway. 

Can only assume that deal has fallen through as it was weeks ago?

i can’t recall a pre season where we’ve had less info. When’s the first game ?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Think we need to give it a week or 2 yet. We still have our left sided centre back to get excited about. Hopefully a lot of targets in that ridiculous nations league. It’s not ideal though considering pre season is now underway. 

Can only assume that deal has fallen through as it was weeks ago?

i can’t recall a pre season where we’ve had less info. When’s the first game ?

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, RUL said:

Can only assume that deal has fallen through as it was weeks ago?

i can’t recall a pre season where we’ve had less info. When’s the first game ?

Absolutely mental to say that if it wasn’t a done deal. Also a little concerned at how much he’s bigging up Mowbray. Lads already under a lot of pressure without that. Hope he’s the real deal! 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, NEM said:

26th June, in between the 2 glamour friendlies we’ve got lined up 

Far did you see that?

 

And far in Spain they going?

Edited by Betty Swallicks

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Who is the black guy at training?

Besuijen or Ngwenya?

Edited by torry_battery_ram

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Besuijen or Ngwenya?

Aye probably Ngwenya, forgot about him 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Far did you see that?

 

And far in Spain they going?

My mates been speaking to the club, he’s going over with his old man for it. Alicante I think 

Share this post


Link to post

Good to see Jim getting involved with the ball today, if he makes them play like he did in his day we will be championship relegation contenders,  last time he said he had 2 weeks to get his ideas across we ended up 10th 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, RUL said:

Can only assume that deal has fallen through as it was weeks ago?

i can’t recall a pre season where we’ve had less info. When’s the first game ?

Unusual for a manager to mention a signing like that, unless it’s a fully done deal… embarrassing if he’s jumped the gun here..

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Unusual for a manager to mention a signing like that, unless it’s a fully done deal… embarrassing if he’s jumped the gun here..

Presumably it was Scales and presumably Celtic thought they'd have a left back in the bag, and then Starfelt pulled his hamstring further complicating matters.

Quite possibly the terms with Celtic and Scales were all agreed and just waiting on the green light from Celtic. I'd like us to move on in those circumstances but youve really got to back the manager if he's happy to wait it out

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Unusual for a manager to mention a signing like that, unless it’s a fully done deal… embarrassing if he’s jumped the gun here..

He never claimed it was a done deal? Just that he thought it was close? It probably was but after that Celtic's circumstances have changed.

If it was Scales he was talking about.

Hopefully it wasn't Dunne. Although I'd have no problem with that deal falling through. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Presumably it was Scales and presumably Celtic thought they'd have a left back in the bag, and then Starfelt pulled his hamstring further complicating matters.

Quite possibly the terms with Celtic and Scales were all agreed and just waiting on the green light from Celtic. I'd like us to move on in those circumstances but youve really got to back the manager if he's happy to wait it out

Referred to as “doing a Christie”

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Referred to as “doing a Christie”

Aye it does sound like that but this time Scales is genuinely pish so they'll let it go through in the next weeks/month.

Share this post


Link to post

Memories of McGhee first season of players sitting in a pound.

 

when can we expect the the 20 trial players catching the x17 out to Cormack park? 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes I would have liked us to have had more signings in by now but this is a pre-season that we’re not used too. Normally we need to do our business really early as we’ve got European games to contend with. 

I know the league cup group stage is coming up but if the current squad can’t beat the likes of Peterhead and Stirling Albion then we be as well locking up and throwing the keys away. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, cruzcampo3 said:

Memories of McGhee first season of players sitting in a pound.

 

when can we expect the the 20 trial players catching the x17 out to Cormack park? 

 

 

 

Who were McGhee's first two signings?

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Yes I would have liked us to have had more signings in by now but this is a pre-season that we’re not used too. Normally we need to do our business really early as we’ve got European games to contend with. 

I know the league cup group stage is coming up but if the current squad can’t beat the likes of Peterhead and Stirling Albion then we be as well locking up and throwing the keys away. 

 

If we went in to the league cup group stage with the current squad it wouldn’t be a surprise if we suffered a couple of embarrassing defeats.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Who were McGhee's first two signings?

Good effort for who can confirm the other one in additional to Ifil

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Good effort for who can confirm the other one in additional to Ifil

Stuart Nelson?
Or how aboot thone Phantom of the Opera hoor. Useless Italian cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Having seen those clips Ryan Duncan looks strong, fast and skillful. Looking forward to seeing more of him this season. 

Edited by Rico1903

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Having seen those clips Ryan Duncan looks strong, fast and skillful. Looking forward to seeing more of him this season. 

How much can we get for him?

£5million minimum I'd say. Plus add ons

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

How much can we get for him?

£5million minimum I'd say. Plus add ons

It's all about speculation about the add ons these days! 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Yes I would have liked us to have had more signings in by now but this is a pre-season that we’re not used too. Normally we need to do our business really early as we’ve got European games to contend with. 

I know the league cup group stage is coming up but if the current squad can’t beat the likes of Peterhead and Stirling Albion then we be as well locking up and throwing the keys away. 

 

How would you say that worked out for us?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

How would you say that worked out for us?

Not great but that’s when we’ve rushed into signings to get them in the door. 
I’d rather wait for quality than rush on quantity. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Not great but that’s when we’ve rushed into signings to get them in the door. 
I’d rather wait for quality than rush on quantity. 
 

You may need to brace to be crushingly disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You may need to brace to be crushingly disappointed.

Good thing I’m an Aberdeen fan, are we ever not disappointed?😂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...