6 minutes ago, slippers said:

You think Glass would of picked up less than 10 points in 10 games? As bad as it was I’d debate it probably wasn’t this bad. Small margins but to claim we have improved under Goodwin is a big reach. 

Could almost guarantee it. Shipping out players because they're unfit sums up the Glass reign. 

One striker, no balance, shit defence, shall we go on and remind ourselves of how torturous it was under Glass???

As Kelt stated elsewhere this is not Goodwin's side, he's been dealt a horrendous hand with that squad and deserves time to get his own players in and stamp his authority on the team.

31 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Goodwin said: “I picked the starting XI who are all under contract for next season.

“Of the nine subs, six have already been told they’re not getting an offer or are surplus to requirements.

“With that there is always a bit of tension and frustration within the group.

Wondering if jenks and Montgomery are part of the 6.

Dire showing from both sides. Only positives i can take away from it are we're officially over the line regards avoiding a playoff. It was great to see Polvara get a run out and Considine back in a Dons shirt and it moves us one game closer to the end of a miserable season.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Might as well give him 90 minutes the next 2 games.  Doesn't matter if we finish 8th or 10th now. 

Pointless playing Ojo or McGeouch. 

Agree.

Goodwin referenced the fact he started with 11 contracted players post match today.

More chance of him starting too if McCrorie has to sit out due to concussion protocols. It was clearly the Doctor that told him he couldn’t carry on. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would they be though when they’re not our players?

I think he’s talking about Ojo, McGeouch, Considine, Ruth for definite, & probably Woods & McLennan.

Substitutes

• 4Considine away
  • 9Ramírez will leave
  • 11Montgomery away
  • 15McGeouch away
  • 16Ojo away 
  • 18McLennan will leave
  • 20Jenks away
  • 25Woods will leave
  • 28Ruth away
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would they be though when they’re not our players?

I think he’s talking about Ojo, McGeouch, Considine, Ruth for definite, & probably Woods & McLennan.

Pretty damning statement when 8 out of the 9 subs are deemed not good enough to be at the club next season. 

2 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Goodwin said: “I picked the starting XI who are all under contract for next season.

“Of the nine subs, six have already been told they’re not getting an offer or are surplus to requirements.

“With that there is always a bit of tension and frustration within the group.

Bit concerning - Considine been told already he’s going and the other 8 need to GTF

Thought we were tidy enough.....in parts...for a side that had no striker. It went downhill after we scored, as we started to spend more time trying to break up play than we did trying to score a second against an utterly shite Hibs team. 

I'm not sure what Polvara brings to the side that Jenks doesn't, tbh. The game seemed to pass him by. 

On the plus side, Gallagher and MacKenzie both looked good. Perhaps there is some kind of hope for the defence for next season. 

3 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Thought we were tidy enough.....in parts...for a side that had no striker. It went downhill after we scored, as we started to spend more time trying to break up play than we did trying to score a second against an utterly shite Hibs team. 

I'm not sure what Polvara brings to the side that Jenks doesn't, tbh. The game seemed to pass him by. 

On the plus side, Gallagher and MacKenzie both looked good. Perhaps there is some kind of hope for the defence for next season. 

Gallagher was all over the place ?

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That cunt that ran on the pitch when we scored.  :hysterical: Eh thought that was vey funny.  Wasn't even a young lad, cunt looked in his 40s.

Got arrested eventually though. 

We can do without that sort of thing. I hope he reflects on his behaviour and considers his future conduct, otherwise, Cormack must respond!

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That cunt that ran on the pitch when we scored.  :hysterical: Eh thought that was vey funny.  Wasn't even a young lad, cunt looked in his 40s.

Can't blame him. A goal from open play, he'll not have seen one for a while.

3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

??aye he was sitting just in front of me. 

As its been said, a goal scored from open play & scoring 1st, along with goal being scored by the ginger Ramos is as rare as they come.

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How many of last summer's 10 or 11 signings will be here next season? 

Just Bates? 

God help us!

Having had a long think about it the problem I think with this season and a few seasons prior to this is that the majority of players employed by the club are sold on the tradition and success of the club many years ago. They come in and honestly believe they are the ‘shit’ and better than other players in the league.

As many have pointed out when things started going pear shape these players had no grit or determination to get themselves out the mess we got into. They just assumed it would get better. Well it hasn’t. We have sneaked through because the other teams around us are just as shite.

I think we have avoided a total disaster this season. It’s been woeful but thankfully we are still in the league.

Goodwin may not be getting the results just now but I honestly believe he will get a group together who may not win every game but they will show some pride, determination and a bit of fight about them. 

He has a huge job in the summer. Interesting times ahead for the club