St Johnstone 1 - 0 Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

It should be Cormack GTF. It's no coincidence we have been rancid since he came to town.

He needs hounded out of our club and a good hiding. Prick of a man.

This. 

There has been a rancid odour of bullshit from him from day one. Anyone on here who believed the shite about Glass being through the selection process from him is a tit. First heard rumours that Cormack didn't like McInnes and wanted his pal Stephen Glass in 2019. 

And it now beginning to look like Jim Goodwin is the uninspiring and out-of-his-depth appointment that many feared. 

Buck stops with the cunt. 

• Upvote 1

There's worrying signs, particularly that Goodwin hasn't managed to instill ANY fight in this team. 

A team can be shite, like St J, but with a little motivation they can play above themselves. We've never looked like we're actually trying to win a game under Goodwin. 

Again, no point judging Goodwin yet, not a single player out there is his, but Christ... Craig Broon teams played with more fire than these cunts. 

He said in the press conference that there were still a lot of incentives tonight. Playing for prize money, pride, to show him what they have for next season, to show other clubs what some of the dross are worth. But it was also a chance for a Goodwin himself to show something. Absolutely zero. Rancid shite. 
Yes, we will all judge him fully next season but things could turn very very bad very very quickly. There has been zero evidence to the contrary. It has simply been that bad that it cannot be ignored. Crown described them as workmanlike in commentary. Work shy more like. Zero respect shown to Goodwin by almost all of them. Only Hayes and Barron seem to have any real pride.

That was just totally abysmal.

It worries me that Goodwin has brought absolutely nothing in terms of even a modest improvement to the team's performance.

In fact he has made things appreciably worse. RedTV commentator made a good point of how difficult it is going to be to attract decent players to Aberdeen given the way the team has played and how Goodwin apears to have demoralised and antagonised the existing players.

He needs to get a lot smarter before it's too late. I fear he's not really up to it.

This all roots back to Cormack. Every single fucking bit of it. The sooner he fucks off the better. And i don't really want to hear the "but who will fund the club". FFS there will be plenty of people who would want to buy the club. Just get tipex teeth out the fucking door rip the whole club apart from top to bottom and start again. Under Cormack we are going absolutely fucking nowhere. I get he has piled in cash. But he could have done that whilst taking a back seat and realising his expertise isn't in running football clubs. Football clubs and software companies are different animals. His ego has well and truly fucked us. I reckon we are probably 3 years away from having any sort of team that right now could challenge for anything. Absolutely shocking leadership. 

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
Just now, winchester83 said:

Goodwin wants to be popular with everybody joking with Saint Johnstone manager before the end Fergie would’ve been putting the nut in him.

Fergie was always cuddling into the Hun managers and the likes of Jardine and Macdonald at Hearts. Stop talking shite.

Look we have to stop using the line that this is not Goodwins team, while true when you are recruiting and paying compensation for a new manager you have every right to expect a positive impact on those players that are already there.

I would also like to hear from those purported to be our players, where is your drive and sincerity  to come out and humbly apologise for the dross you have been serving up all season.  
We have serious issues in the club right now, and it seems at all levels and genuinely, and sadly I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, 1983 said:

There’s actually not a team to work with here - that’s one of the big problems. Huge gamble taking in “5 or 6” players to this group. Best bet here is to promote the entire youth team and build players into that squad. At least we’d know there’s a cohesive team to work with. 

13 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yup. No idea how we’ve stayed up. 

Just shows how bad St Johnstone and Dundee are that they've finished below us. The Saints have even beaten us twice and Dundee beat us once too.

If Goodwin seriously thinks that 5 or 6 new players is enough then we could well be in a relegation fight again next season.

We need a total clearout.

Pretty pointless complaining about tonight. The damage was already done a long time ago. Was a totally predictable single goal defeat. 

Half that team won't be here next season so they're not giving a fuck at this stage.  And the rest are wanting to see the back of this season, it's been a fucking shambles all round. 

16 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Fergie was always cuddling into the Hun managers and the likes of Jardine and Macdonald at Hearts. Stop talking shite.

Very informative but shite if he was speaking to anybody he was winding them up after stuffing them unlike the present incumbent who has managed to secure tenth spot.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Pretty pointless complaining about tonight. The damage was already done a long time ago. Was a totally predictable single goal defeat. 

Half that team won't be here next season so they're not giving a fuck at this stage.  And the rest are wanting to see the back of this season, it's been a fucking shambles all round. 

Not strictly true. Out of the team that started tonight only Ruth and Montgomery definitely won’t be here next season.

21 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

There's worrying signs, particularly that Goodwin hasn't managed to instill ANY fight in this team. 

A team can be shite, like St J, but with a little motivation they can play above themselves. We've never looked like we're actually trying to win a game under Goodwin. 

Again, no point judging Goodwin yet, not a single player out there is his, but Christ... Craig Broon teams played with more fire than these cunts. 

Telling most of them to fuck off within a month of taking the job removed any fight they had which was almost fuck all to start with.

2 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Just shows how bad St Johnstone and Dundee are that they've finished below us. The Saints have even beaten us twice and Dundee beat us once too.

If Goodwin seriously thinks that 5 or 6 new players is enough then we could well be in a relegation fight again next season.

We need a total clearout.

I fear he is out of his depth also.

What a pile of shite that was.

But did I expect anything else with tonight’s team?? Far too young a team with no grit about them. Decision making so poor, we need real intelligence on the pitch. 

I’ll wait to next season before I judge Goodwin purely on the fact that he has been left with the worst and most inexperienced squad we’ve had in years. 

Ojo playing the whole season at right back epitomises how bad this squad is and how poor the recruitment has been.

Roll on 2pm on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I reckon the only way we could attract a decent player now is with a renowned manager. I don’t even think money will help much - this club is currently a reputation fucker

For sure. We always bring out the worst in any decent player we get.... Cormack should cut his losses wi goodwin and recruit a decent manager because tbh we are relegation fodder next season. 

Fuck sake boys I thought I was pessimistic, A few good quality players in and McCrorie Vinny and the other young players will play with confidence again and we will be back to getting pumped by the old firm bottling cup semis and getting raped in Europe while finishing 3rd on goal difference in no time 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

Fuck sake boys I thought I was pessimistic, A few good quality players in and McCrorie Vinny and the other young players will play with confidence again and we will be back to getting pumped by the old firm bottling cup semis and getting raped in Europe while finishing 3rd on goal difference in no time 

Aye Kid, and there's me also forgetting that Willie Garner has joined the Board.