Happy Gothenburg day

16 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Get over it, IMO. 

These nostalgic obsessions are holding the club back. Very soon we'll no longer be able to say we were the last Scottish club to win a European trophy.

Firstly, frankfurt are better rated, in a stronger league, have better players and are rated higher, in European context frankfurt have more eufa points than the hun. So saying the hun is going to be favourites to win(which I’ve heard countless times recently) is objectively untrue,  Huns beating Dortmund and Leipzig are good achievements but so is putting out Barcelona West Ham and betis. Hard working team frankfurt. I expect the stronger team to win just like when zenit easily turned them over.

secondly it’s an age thing especially if you recall these triumphs growing up as a young boy, and seen as it’s been downhill from the early 90s you can forgive some for not getting excited about a diving header against dnipro or drawing against Bayern at home or a resounding 4-0 against Copenhagen as the best results seen physically compared to the brilliance in the 80s.

3 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Happy shit the bed day by Alex Smith and Theo Snelders day too.

Theo didn't play, it was that pathetic excuse of a man watt 

3 hours ago, CCB III said:

Get over it, IMO. 

These nostalgic obsessions are holding the club back. Very soon we'll no longer be able to say we were the last Scottish club to win a European trophy.

This we fucking bells oan! 

Just now, The Boofon said:

That was the point numb nuts.

Faked an injury to avoid playing.

Shithouse.

Theo faking injury my asshole. Watt should have been  sacked that day the cunt that he is 

Will never forget our party bus. What an absolutely brilliant away trip. Left at noon on the Sunday and back in Aberdeen tea time Friday.

Absolute bummer finding out that a friend had died in Gothenburg.

Thoughts are with younger fans who have endured years of absolute pish with very little reward. 

54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Will never forget our party bus. What an absolutely brilliant away trip. Left at noon on the Sunday and back in Aberdeen tea time Friday.

Absolute bummer finding out that a friend had died in Gothenburg.

Thoughts are with younger fans who have endured years of absolute pish with very little reward. 

This the hun game in '91 you're on about Tommy or the other one?

I can't imagine what it must have been like going from watching that Gothenburg team in the 80s to watching Peter Heatherston and co in the 90s. Considering how much I greet about watching our shite team now vs the team 2013-2019 (timescale open to debate another time). I basically started going regularly around 1995 and it has been absolutely dismal by in large. 

Also can't believe its 39 years now. I remember at Euro 96 the guffs were going on about 1966 and "30 years of hurt" and to me that just felt like they won it basically 1000 years ago

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I can't imagine what it must have been like going from watching that Gothenburg team in the 80s to watching Peter Heatherston and co in the 90s. Considering how much I greet about watching our shite team now vs the team 2013-2019 (timescale open to debate another time). I basically started going regularly around 1995 and it has been absolutely dismal by in large. 

Also can't believe its 39 years now. I remember at Euro 96 the guffs were going on about 1966 and "30 years of hurt" and to me that just felt like they won it basically 1000 years ago

That game is closer to the end of World war 2 than the present day.