Aberdeen 0 - 0 St. Mirren

21 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Two terrible refereeing decisions settled this game  and sums up the terrible refereeing standards within Scottish football 

No idea if other teams get these kind of decisions against them, but we get them frequently, and at critical points in the game. 

We don't help ourselves by being piss poor, but disgraceful decisions have cost us all season. 

The club won't say a fucking thing, of course. 

Another absolutely dire game of football. Just so boring to watch. Barron is a quality player who will improve next season with hopefully better players around him. Polvara is comfortable on the ball but I've yet to see anything that suggests he can actually do anything particularly productive with it - hopefully he'll improve next season too. Besoujin has promise as well and with better players around him he might shine. The young lad Harvey also had a few nice touches - I do worry that he'll turn into the next Bruce Anderson, but he does at least seem to have potential. Other than that, nothing much to encourage at all.

I sincerely hope we don't continue with whatever this formation is next season. The midfield is far too flat and far too close to the defence, and the central striker is totally isolated with the midfield miles behind him and the wingers miles away from him. Any time the ball went into the box there was only ever 1 player in the box. So many changes required in the summer, not just in personnel but in the formation and style as well. I've no idea what the game plan was today - very similar to the days of Stephen Glass - was just pass it around aimlessly and then lump it forward aimlessly.

5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Another absolutely dire game of football. Just so boring to watch. Barron is a quality player who will improve next season with hopefully better players around him. Polvara is comfortable on the ball but I've yet to see anything that suggests he can actually do anything particularly productive with it - hopefully he'll improve next season too. Besoujin has promise as well and with better players around him he might shine. The young lad Harvey also had a few nice touches - I do worry that he'll turn into the next Bruce Anderson, but he does at least seem to have potential. Other than that, nothing much to encourage at all.

I sincerely hope we don't continue with whatever this formation is next season. The midfield is far too flat and far too close to the defence, and the central striker is totally isolated with the midfield miles behind him and the wingers miles away from him. Any time the ball went into the box there was only ever 1 player in the box. So many changes required in the summer, not just in personnel but in the formation and style as well. I've no idea what the game plan was today - very similar to the days of Stephen Glass - was just pass it around aimlessly and then lump it forward aimlessly.

We definitely need to change formation. 

Every version of the 433 we've seen this season has been absolutely shite. 

2 hours ago, thurso said:

If Goodwin was any good he would of at least got the team to perform a wee bit better not get worse under his coaching.

You can’t blame anyone apart from him for the last 10 games which have been atrocious to watch. 

Utter pish. 

Keep believing it though, you may just manage to convince yourself.

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've just got a bad group, mentally and attitude wise as much as anything. 

Some of the players are maybe OK individually on paper but as a group they just stink the place out. 

Another season of nice lads with no grit.  I don't want us to play like St Johnstone did midweek, but we need some nous and determination. 

8 hours ago, winchester83 said:

Thanks for the Srixons. Thanks for  Auchmill, who needs to buy golf balls.

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure what you mean about the second part but I genuinely did lose two Srixons today ?

The second bit, he doesn't need to buy golf balls as I assume he stays next to the course and some golf balls (like your 2 x Srixons) end up straying into his garden.

Aye?

25 minutes ago, thurso said:

Do you honestly think Goodwin has done a good job since he’s arrived

Do I think the side are more structured and organised - 100% yes. Do I think Glass would have got anymore out if them or had us above St Johnstone - 100% no.

Do I think you can't realistically judge Goodwin on results with that squad, again yes I do. Goodwin requires and deserves a chance to build his own team and put his stamp on it.

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Do I think the side are more structured and organised - 100% yes. Do I think Glass would have got anymore out if them or had us above St Johnstone - 100% no.

Do I think you can't realistically judge Goodwin on results with that squad, again yes I do. Goodwin requires and deserves a chance to build his own team and put his stamp on it.

I don’t need to go into how I think we could of done if glass hadn’t got the sack as it would all be hypothetical. 

But since Goodwin has taken over he’s only won 2 matches that’s a terrible stat to have no matter how bad you think the squad is. In that time I have seen some of the worst games of football to watch for example sevco and hearts away. Loosing to livi county and Motherwell. 

I hope I’m wrong about him and after the summer we are winning every game (actually doesn’t have to be every game but majority would be good) but I just can’t see it happening 

2 hours ago, thurso said:

I don’t need to go into how I think we could of done if glass hadn’t got the sack as it would all be hypothetical. 

But since Goodwin has taken over he’s only won 2 matches that’s a terrible stat to have no matter how bad you think the squad is. In that time I have seen some of the worst games of football to watch for example sevco and hearts away. Loosing to livi county and Motherwell. 

I hope I’m wrong about him and after the summer we are winning every game (actually doesn’t have to be every game but majority would be good) but I just can’t see it happening 

I think you hang on to Glass deserving longer or being harshly treated and that makes no sense!

Glass compiled this shitshow of an unbalanced squad.

He also managed 2 runs of 6 games without a win and ended with 4 defeats in 5.

By all means have your doubts about Goodwin but the suggestion about Glass being "better" is really strange considering the facts. 

3 hours ago, thurso said:

When did we lose to motherwell under Goodwin? ?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

I think you hang on to Glass deserving longer or being harshly treated and that makes no sense!

Glass compiled this shitshow of an unbalanced squad.

He also managed 2 runs of 6 games without a win and ended with 4 defeats in 5.

By all means have your doubts about Goodwin but the suggestion about Glass being "better" is really strange considering the facts. 

It has nothing to do with glass it’s the fact that if anything we haven’t improved in the slightest under Goodwin if anything we have gotten worse. 

You say the squad is unbalanced but we still have at least 2 players that can play in every position, some might not be the best but it should still be enough to get points in the games we’ve played since he came in. 

38 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

When did we lose to motherwell under Goodwin? ?

My mistake we drew with Motherwell.

3 hours ago, thurso said:

It has nothing to do with glass it’s the fact that if anything we haven’t improved in the slightest under Goodwin if anything we have gotten worse. 

You say the squad is unbalanced but we still have at least 2 players that can play in every position, some might not be the best but it should still be enough to get points in the games we’ve played since he came in. 

My mistake we drew with Motherwell.

The squad might have 2 in every position but the fact we are all happy for the out of contracts to all go (bar Considine .. for some) and still would like another 10 or so to go tells you a lot.

The squad Glass assembled is shit.

Goodwin yes i expected a bit more so far , as did he by what he says.

My point is you cant properly judge him until after the summer. Some of his own signings, a pre season etc and we can judge him.

Glass got all that and proved himself shite. If Ramirez goes almost all his signings have gone within 12 months

The squad might have 2 in every position but the fact we are all happy for the out of contracts to all go (bar Considine .. for some) and still would like another 10 or so to go tells you a lot.

My point is you cant properly judge him until after the summer. Some of his own signings, a pre season etc and we can judge him.

Glass got all that and proved himself shite. If Ramirez goes almost all his signings have gone within 12 months

A fair assessment. 

34 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

A fair assessment. 

Is it just Ramirez, Watkins, Bates and Gallagher left? There's a large chunk of our support would call them all shite too.

13 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Agree with this fully.

The damage was done before Goodwin even took his first training session. There wasn't a hope in hell he was getting anything out of this lot. Anyone that is writing him off already needs to give themselves a shake. Let him get down to work and assemble a squad that he can call his own, Then when it all goes tits up we can have a good moan .