New here, just like to say

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Aye I have to concur with poodler. Absolutely nae chance he’s running 5k in 21 minutes at that age

My running mate who's 66 would finish in the top 7 in the park runs sub 22 mins or sometimes under 21 at my age 64.

His name is Phil Cowie .

My other mate Rob Taylor is a former 31 min 10 k runner we ran a lot together for over 30 years now.

Sub 1hr 10 half marathon runner .

There's guys 60 and over running park runs in under 20 minutes here in the North East.

We had a group of us when We were younger 

We run together a lot 

For the record I'm an ex Scottish internationalist mountain runner 

1 minute ago, Edwin Starr said:

My running mate who's 66 would finish in the top 7 in the park runs sub 22 mins or sometimes under 21 at my age 64.

His name is Phil Cowie .

My other mate Rob Taylor is a former 31 min 10 k runner we ran a lot together for over 30 years now.

Sub 1hr 10 half marathon runner .

There's guys 60 and over running park runs in under 20 minutes here in the North East.

We had a group of us when We were younger 

We run together a lot 

For the record I'm an ex Scottish internationalist mountain runner 

Thon mountain runners are wild. Resting heart rates of about 35. 

20 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Yir loon telt me you once ran the length of King Street in 7 minutes.

After yi stole a copy of Attitude fae the RS at the Castlegate. 

Union street is 1 mile in sub 5 minute  me and my mates really done that on new years day early morning  when the roads are extremely quiet .

Nah didn't steal but I've felt like it on my younger day .oh that bars of chocolate were very tempting .?

18 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Union street is 1 mile in sub 5 me and my mates really done that on new years day early morning  when the roads are extremely quiet .

Nah didn't steal but I've felt like it on my younger day .oh that bars of chocolate were very tempting .?

Did you not live in Spain for half the year?

I ran from the back of Zuu to the Star n Garter in easily sub 10seconds 100m pace, uphill aswell. 

Id smashed the bouncers face in and 3 of them approx and a pig were chasing me. 

Unfortunately i gassed out(likely the combo of Pink Champagne Speed and Pints of Lager) at said S&G and pigs came flying from all directions and i spent the evening in Queen Street. 

Great times. Would recommend. 5 star. 

7 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

I ran from the back of Zuu to the Star n Garter in easily sub 10seconds 100m pace, uphill aswell. 

Unfortunately i gassed out(likely the combo of Pink Champagne Speed and Pints of Lager) at said S&G and pigs came flying from all directions and i spent the evening in Queen Street. 

Now, that's a sport I can relate to.  Runnin' on it's own be fucked.  It's for borin' auld pricks.

3 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Speed is false advertising