Squad 2022/23

Goalkeeper - Joe Lewis, Gary Woods

Right Back - Calvin Ramsay

Centre Back - David Bates, Declan Gallagher

Left Back - Jack Mackenzie, Kieran Ngwenya

Centre Mid - Connor Barron, Lewis Ferguson, Ross McCrorie, Dean Campbell, Dante Polvara

Wing - Jonny Hayes, Matty Kennedy, Connor McLennan, Vicente Besuijen

Forward - Marley Watkins, Christian Ramirez

Woods, McLennan, Kennedy and the Yankee wage thief need jettisoned from that list. Gallagher and Bates too if any cunts stupid enough to take them.

Ferguson and Ramsay likely sold. Be down to the bare bones.

What an absolute shambles Glass created 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

As things stand it feels like only Barron, McCrorie, Hayes, Besuijen and Watkins are stick on to be starting matches for us by August with only Barron and Besuijen nailed down as a certain position.

Besuijen has showed promise but, with a record of zero assists, he shouldnt be stick on for a starting slot. He should have to earn his place. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Centre Mid - Connor Barron, Lewis Ferguson, Ross McCrorie, Dean Campbell, Dante Polvara

Of the current squad I'd add McCrorie to RB

As others have said, Ramsay and Fergusson will be sold

I expect Woods, McLennan and Ramirez to find other employers

Wouldn't be surprised if Campbell and Kennedy go too, but only after we have sufficient numbers.

You've also assumed four at the back.  If Goodwin goes with a back three we're looking for wing backs and our current wingers will either need to fit that role, play upfront, or sit in behind the strikers in either a 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Campbell and Kennedy go too, but only after we have sufficient numbers.

You've also assumed four at the back.  If Goodwin goes with a back three we're looking for wing backs and our current wingers will either need to fit that role, play upfront, or sit in behind the strikers in either a 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3

McCrorie is a shout.

It's very plausible that we stick him there.

I would like to see us sign two brand new first picks for centre mid which would mean there is only space for one of Barron, McCrorie or Ferguson (while he is still here)

6 hours ago, NEM said:

Woods, McLennan, Kennedy and the Yankee wage thief need jettisoned from that list. Gallagher and Bates too if any cunts stupid enough to take them.

Ferguson and Ramsay likely sold. Be down to the bare bones.

What an absolute shambles Glass created 

3 of his signings didn’t even see the end of the season. That must be unprecedented 

• Upvote 1

Seems odd to list Nwgenya but not Ryan Duncan and Evan Towler, who have both been training with first team. I think Liam Harvey will be around first team squad too. 

Looks a shite team at this stage. I’d punt Watkins as well. 

12 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I would largely agree, why would McLennan leave though? Realistically, who’s going to want him? He’s a championship level player as I wouldn’t even have him at lower SPFL level (that’s us now I suppose). This would mean less money so if I was him I would enjoy my last season at an SPFL club and coincide it with some preparation on life after full time football. 

Same for campbell. 

Kennedy I can see staying. 

The core of our remaining players likely to be here next season are either completely shite (bates & Gallagher) on their last legs (Hayes), average at best (Mckenzie, “vinnie”, Lewis, polvara and Watkins) or untried (harvie, ngwenya etc) with only a couple of half decent certain starters in Barron & McCrorie, even then with the latter he’s arguably better at right back than his preferred position in midfield. 

Huge amount of pressure on the recruitment and with those two useless arseholes at centre back likely to play a prominent role next season I can see it being more of the same as this one. 

What a cheery thought and hopefully this is pessimistic nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

I would largely agree, why would McLennan leave though? Realistically, who’s going to want him? He’s a championship level player as I wouldn’t even have him at lower SPFL level (that’s us now I suppose). This would mean less money so if I was him I would enjoy my last season at an SPFL club and coincide it with some preparation on life after full time football. 

Same for campbell. 

Kennedy I can see staying. 

The core of our remaining players likely to be here next season are either completely shite (bates & Gallagher) on their last legs (Hayes), average at best (Mckenzie, “vinnie”, Lewis, polvara and Watkins) or untried (harvie, ngwenya etc) with only a couple of half decent certain starters in Barron & McCrorie, even then with the latter he’s arguably better at right back than his preferred position in midfield. 

Huge amount of pressure on the recruitment and with those two useless arseholes at centre back likely to play a prominent role next season I can see it being more of the same as this one. 

What a cheery thought and hopefully this is pessimistic nonsense. 

Summed up pretty well. The fact we’ve not signed anyone in advance speaks volumes. Wouldn’t be surprised if we crash out the league cup groups.

6 hours ago, RUL said:

Seems odd to list Nwgenya but not Ryan Duncan and Evan Towler, who have both been training with first team. I think Liam Harvey will be around first team squad too. 

Looks a shite team at this stage. I’d punt Watkins as well. 

It's a work in progress.

At this stage although Watkins is much safer than about ten other players it's hard to see his future past May 2023.

He's not fast or tricky enough to consistently be a wide player.

He's not defensively savvy enough to be number 10 at a 'hard to beat' team.

He doesn't score enough goals to be number 9 at a team that wants to win half or more of their matches.

He's a good player but he doesn't fit in. 

edit: but edit to say he is currently safe as houses for a starting spot in July/August.

17 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Do we even know if they will all be here for sure?

Goodwin was quoted as saying he had told 10 or 11 players they would be leaving; other than Considine what leavers are confirmed?

How many transfer windows will Goodwin be given to rebuild?  2-3?

9 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Goodwin was quoted as saying he had told 10 or 11 players they would be leaving; other than Considine what leavers are confirmed?

He'll only need one if funded correctly. He's had 3 months til this point to suss targets. 

It can turn to a positive quickly if the recruitment is good. I don't buy that he needs 2/3 windows. I did say it before to be fair, but a good window can change everything. 

• Upvote 1

9 will have left since JG started , logically Woods knows his number is up so that’s 10. Watkins injury record means he’s not young or hungry so likely a bench warmer if he stays. Makes 11. You then add in the sellable assets which would be another 2 only hopefully. So we then have the true number so need in about 9/10 and promote some youth. Of the 9/10 at least two thirds must be 100% starters 

Think by the time the new season begins it'll be this plus the new signings...

Goalkeeper - Joe Lewis, 

Right Back - Ross McCrorie

Centre Back - David Bates, Declan Gallagher, Evan Towler

Centre Mid - Connor Barron, Dean Campbell, Dante Polvara

Wing - Jonny Hayes, Matty Kennedy, Vicente Besuijen, Ryan Duncan

Forward - Marley Watkins, Liam Harvey

Fair chance Dean Campbell and Matty Kennedy might be gone too and wouldn't be a massive shock if Joe Lewis also left, although I get the feeling he probably won't. Really need a bit of experience in midfield and a bit of creativity there too, and more options in the wing / forward positions. 

Dylan levitt from Dundee United/ man United worth a look? Wales international, scored 6 this season. Boy niskanen looks a good player too, although United spent 300k on him so might be a bit more expensive.

It’s obvious that we need a very good centre half to come in. Might cost a bit but it’s the most important position to improve considering our current options. Honestly think Gallagher might be half decent if he had a strong centre half beside him and McCrorie at Rb. Bates has his limitations but wouldn’t be bad as a squad player CB.

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

To be honest, in my opinion it does need 2-3 windows. Teams aren't built overnight and while you can ditch a lot of players naturally due to contract expiry. Bringing in 8+ players in one window will take a while to bring fluidity in play and results. There is still going to be a scudding or two.

I've  the patience to wait for things to develop, I know a majority of hysterical bed wetter won't and will be screaming by October. 

Stability and improved results should easily get Aberdeen back to 4th place without doing much other than the necessity in this window.

That is where I see us and tbh that is progress compared to where Glass took us to under his free fall reign.

A couple of solid midfielders, a centre half and two competent strikers will give us a core we can work with. 

It may take 2 maybe 3 windows to overtake Hearts again with their Euro money and obviously better kerb appeal at present.

7 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

7 hours ago, CCB III said:

He'll only need one if funded correctly. He's had 3 months til this point to suss targets. 

It can turn to a positive quickly if the recruitment is good. I don't buy that he needs 2/3 windows. I did say it before to be fair, but a good window can change everything. 

5 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

To be honest, in my opinion it does need 2-3 windows. Teams aren't built overnight and while you can ditch a lot of players naturally due to contract expiry. Bringing in 8+ players in one window will take a while to bring fluidity in play and results. There is still going to be a scudding or two.

I've  the patience to wait for things to develop, I know a majority of hysterical bed wetter won't and will be screaming by October. 

It depends what your aspirations are but in the short term the target has to be to be in the european spots (top 4-5).

He only gets one transfer window for that.

The 2-3 transfer windows is looking to hopefully be beyond that

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It depends what your aspirations are but in the short term the target has to be to be in the european spots (top 4-5).

He only gets one transfer window for that.

The 2-3 transfer windows is looking to hopefully be beyond that

Agreed on all points.

I was thinking those that will be howling from the roof tops come Oct/Nov.

6 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

This is right, it would be a miracle to get nearly every player we sign this summer to be a hit. That's before getting them to play well together.