Player allegiances

It's unreasonable to think we won't employ players who are fans of other teams. Scotland isn't that big a country.

We need the chairman / DOF / manager to step up and make it clear when you are an employee of AFC, you act in a professional manner towards the club all the time. No if's or but's.

Goodwin is our only hope of implementing this mentality as Cormack's got no idea what he's doing with the football side of the club and Gunn is just an over-promoted travel advisor. Unfortunately I don't think Goodwin can command the respect of the 'better' players in our squad yet given he's not achieved much as a manager yet, binned half their mates in the squad, and the players we are talking about are probably better players than he ever was.

8 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

How can Goodwin implement a committed mentality to AFC in the squad when he himself is turning up to support one of our biggest league rivals at their home games. ? 

He hasn’t done that has he? He went to the semi final and was in the corporate bit I’m sure? 

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

It's unreasonable to think we won't employ players who are fans of other teams. Scotland isn't that big a country.

We need the chairman / DOF / manager to step up and make it clear when you are an employee of AFC, you act in a professional manner towards the club all the time. No if's or but's.

Goodwin is our only hope of implementing this mentality as Cormack's got no idea what he's doing with the football side of the club and Gunn is just an over-promoted travel advisor. Unfortunately I don't think Goodwin can command the respect of the 'better' players in our squad yet given he's not achieved much as a manager yet, binned half their mates in the squad, and the players we are talking about are probably better players than he ever was.

When I see/hear Gunn I just think he’s like a hotel concierge or something. One of the better ones though, the suck up type the hotel ask to assist the big companies that come for conferences etc. 

6 hours ago, Donmacca said:

My point is, at the moment, all they've done is attend a game each. Better judgement by each of them could have been used. However, we've yet to see gross misconduct from either of them. Cormack needs to do no more than remind the first team staff and players of their responsibilities to the club and fan as professionals employed by Aberdeen 

They weren't just "attending" though, they were SUPPORTING. 

Any players who went to the final to follow Rangers need there head looked at. If they think it's acceptable to go and support a direct rival (And hated) they honestly could not give a fuck about the club. If they did they wouldn't have travelled. It shows they think more of Rangers than they do of Aberdeen FC and there support. Regardless of 10th position this season they are still a  direct rival. They have made a total cunt of it, Especially coming off the back of a fucking horrendous season performance wise. 

The pair of them can get to fuck for all i care. 

• Upvote 1

The thing is, if both McCrorie and Ferguson had went to Goodwin and said to him that they were both heading off to Seville to watch the final, I'm not even too sure that Goodwin knows how bad an idea that would be regarding the fans' reaction and consequently I suspect he might have turned round and told them to enjoy themselves.

But even if he was, and he advised them against attending, I think they'd have politely told him to mind his own business and travelled regardless. Players these days really are mercenary and are only in the game for what they can make out of it. Their loyalty to a club often doesn't even stretch to the full length of their contracts.

Get them both sold in the summer.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

The thing is, if both McCrorie and Ferguson had went to Goodwin and said to him that they were both heading off to Seville to watch the final, I'm not even too sure that Goodwin knows how bad an idea that would be regarding the fans' reaction and consequently I suspect he might have turned round and told them to enjoy themselves.

But even if he was, and he advised them against attending, I think they'd have politely told him to mind his own business and travelled regardless. Players these days really are mercenary and are only in the game for what they can make out of it. Their loyalty to a club often doesn't even stretch to the full length of their contracts.

Get them both sold in the summer.

Going to be a meltdown when RMcC is appointed team captain in June ?

The fans who think that this is 100% ok and acceptable behaviour for Aberdeen players (and manager) is a problem. 

I’m not going to call for McRorie, Ferguson and Hun et al. to be given an insta-boot from the club. Christ I’d not even fine them on this occasion. But by fuck I’d have every person associated with the club reminded loudly that you 1) knock your pan in for Aberdeen to get us 3 points in whatever role you find yourself in but also 2) off the pitch you don’t disrespect the club by fucking off and jumping up and down for our rivals or any other club we could end up playing. It’s done miles away from view and to all outside onlookers you’re a professional Red. 

Never thought the above should ever be in doubt in anyone’s head.

Fans who think it’s absolutely fine to have players openly supporting our rivals is tragic. It’s meek. 

Anyone who thinks a full ground of sit doon, be quiet, nae sweerin, oh didn’t they try hard twits motivates the team and club to its maximum potential more than a cauldron of noise filled with equal measures of passion for the dons and fervent hatred for the opposition should bide well away from our club. It doesn’t help the club, it just helps you because you’re a weak, sanitised and gullible nyaff. 

• Upvote 3

For me it’s about showing class, respect and integrity as a professional footballer.

We have a real deep rooted problem in Scotland with regards to the Old Firm.

Supporting your direct competition speaks volumes about the real issues in the SPFL dressing rooms.

In order to succeed you must believe and support the team you play for. Fergie instilled that belief in his teams and would never play you again for such a betrayal as visibly supporting the competition.

It is what we do that defines us and if pining for the old firm or any other club is what you do then get the fuck out of MY club.

• Like 1