Was Cormack Park necessary.

it seems since Cormack Park was opened the fortunes of AFC have  gone over the cliff. Is this a coincidence or is the new park a poison chalice. Would the resources used to create this not have been better ploughed into redeveloping Pittodrie we were told that the development was needed to attract players to the club and give a sense of professionalism.  The recruitment since has been atrocious both players and management It also let a reckless Cormack loose with our club and a get out of jail card for Milne’s fantasy.

• Haha 4

Cormack park was definitely required, any team wanting to better themselves needs to have the correct training facilities.

Every top team in the top leagues in Europe have quality training facilities and if that’s what Aberdeen aspire to be they needed the training facilities.

Don’t see how a training facilities can be blamed for inept recruitment both on and off the pitch

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

it seems since Cormack Park was opened the fortunes of AFC have  gone over the cliff. Is this a coincidence or is the new park a poison chalice. Would the resources used to create this not have been better ploughed into redeveloping Pittodrie we were told that the development was needed to attract players to the club and give a sense of professionalism.  The recruitment since has been atrocious both players and management It also let a reckless Cormack loose with our club and a get out of jail card for Milne’s fantasy.

Where to start with that.

FFS min. Delete!

Just now, winchester83 said:

But its ok to play for the next 10 years in a derelict delapidated stadium.  Cormack Park is good idea but its a case of  cart before the horse . Hearts have continued to develop Tynecastle and rent training faclities at Oriam.

The redevelopment of Tynecastle is atrocious and Hearts are currently in the process of building a “£20million” training complex.

Otherwise, an excellent post. Have yourself a +1.

55 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

We are NEVER redeveloping Pittodrie. Blows my mind some people still think this was or is an option.

Our CEO McKinlay just visited Cormack Park to see what 14 million gets you. Think his main headline was it gets you no indoor facilities. Is that right? It's all outdoors? 

Budge has blazed 23 million on Tynecastle resulting in an underwhelming stand and upgrade with embarrassing corporate. And it's still not finished. Hopefully she and her brother are nowhere near this project. Although I think it's really just pressuring Oriam to give us greater exclusivity before a new lease is signed. 

Great for the first team. But I question academy investment. Our shining light is about to sign for Villa netting us 250k. Never seen him play. What's the point? 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Our CEO McKinlay just visited Cormack Park to see what 14 million gets you. Think his main headline was it gets you no indoor facilities. Is that right? It's all outdoors? 

Budge has blazed 23 million on Tynecastle resulting in an underwhelming stand and upgrade with embarrassing corporate. And it's still not finished. Hopefully she and her brother are nowhere near this project. Although I think it's really just pressuring Oriam to give us greater exclusivity before a new lease is signed. 

Great for the first team. But I question academy investment. Our shining light is about to sign for Villa netting us 250k. Never seen him play. What's the point? 

Wrong forum

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Was a modern, professional training complex necessary when we could have lured players to the club purely through the promise of playing Dodge the Dogshit in a public park?

Feels like I have been playing this recently on this forum. The state of the posts recently, fucking hell. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Was a modern, professional training complex necessary when we could have lured players to the club purely through the promise of playing Dodge the Dogshit in a public park?

The new training ground was 100% required. 

but

out of curiosity, who’s the best player we have signed through the promise of this professional training complex? ?

29 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

but

out of curiosity, who’s the best player we have signed through the promise of this professional training complex? ?

Would imagine it had a decent element of influence in Scott Brown deciding to come and coach

29 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

but

I couldn't possibly say, not being privy to negotiations between club and player. 

I do know that a professional training complex is more appealing than a park full of dogshit and junkies, for the most part. 

Just now, Ke1t said:

I couldn't possibly say, not being privy to negotiations between club and player. 

I do know that a professional training complex is more appealing than a park full of dogshit and junkies, for the most part. 

Or an indoor facility where you need to wait for the local school kids to put their velcro trainers off before you can use it and then you get kicked off by a bunch of 20years olds wanting to play 5a-side

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

but

This is more a negative but I remember Ojo saying something about the training complex being a positive about joining Aberdeen over Hibs.

5 hours ago, dave_min said:

The redevelopment of Tynecastle is atrocious and Hearts are currently in the process of building a “£20million” training complex.

Otherwise, an excellent post. Have yourself a +1.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Would imagine it had a decent element of influence in Scott Brown deciding to come and coach

well thats good enough for me

11 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You could go down the route oldco/sevco took and get it for a fraction of the price

Just liquidate yourselves, then get a moderately wealthy conman to set up a newco, say you are the same club and pay a fraction of what they're worth for your stadium, training ground (and a few ancillary buildings thrown in for good measure in the vicinity of your stadium). Sevco got the lot for £5.5 million....and their training ground has a main building twice the size that ours is, including a swimming pool which we don't have and a full size indoor pitch (we have plans for this at Cormack Park but not until the new stadium is built...so 10 years down the line might even be optimistic as things stand)