Was Cormack Park necessary.

2 hours ago, RAZOR said:

I just can't believe they never built any indoor facilities.

They spend most of winter hiring out ASV.

You don't know that.  But if you do have inside knowledge, how many days have  AFC have to use the Sports Village because Cormack Park couldn't be used ?

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

You could go down the route oldco/sevco took and get it for a fraction of the price

Just liquidate yourselves, then get a moderately wealthy conman to set up a newco, say you are the same club and pay a fraction of what they're worth for your stadium, training ground (and a few ancillary buildings thrown in for good measure in the vicinity of your stadium). Sevco got the lot for £5.5 million....and their training ground has a main building twice the size that ours is, including a swimming pool which we don't have and a full size indoor pitch (we have plans for this at Cormack Park but not until the new stadium is built...so 10 years down the line might even be optimistic as things stand)

I always use that on dweebs that seem to think the rest of us somehow escaped any damage from the Advocaat/Cardigan experiment.  They welched on the debt equivalent of the cost of between one and three stadiums for Aberdeen.  And, to be fair, have chucked in another two at getting to where they are now

Cunts.  

17 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Our CEO McKinlay just visited Cormack Park to see what 14 million gets you. Think his main headline was it gets you no indoor facilities. Is that right? It's all outdoors?

No that's not right. I'd suggest your CEO needs another visit, and maybe take pictures next time.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:09 PM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Our CEO McKinlay just visited Cormack Park to see what 14 million gets you. Think his main headline was it gets you no indoor facilities. Is that right? It's all outdoors? 

Budge has blazed 23 million on Tynecastle resulting in an underwhelming stand and upgrade with embarrassing corporate. And it's still not finished. Hopefully she and her brother are nowhere near this project. Although I think it's really just pressuring Oriam to give us greater exclusivity before a new lease is signed. 

Great for the first team. But I question academy investment. Our shining light is about to sign for Villa netting us 250k. Never seen him play. What's the point? 

There is a phase 2 development, which is basically to put a tin shed over one of the full sized 4G pitches, however this was postponed due to covid. It’s still on the todo list, if we can get 2Mil form somewhere (thanks McKenna ?)

On 5/27/2022 at 8:12 AM, Ten Caat said:

and a full size indoor pitch (we have plans for this at Cormack Park but not until the new stadium is built...so 10 years down the line might even be optimistic as things stand)

I don’t believe that is the case. Sounds like some sort of indoor facility (canvas dome, or suchlike, similar to what the Oriam has) will be getting built over the next year or so. Plenty of available space at Cormack Park so that’s not an issue. 

Looks like another grass pitch beside the 3G pitches is getting readied for action soon.

My gripe with Cormack Park is the lack of protection from the elements and lack of privacy. Granted, they’ve planted 1000s of trees but that’ll take decades to have an effect. 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:39 AM, RAZOR said:

I just can't believe they never built any indoor facilities.

They spend most of winter hiring out ASV.

Didn't AFC put up some of the money for the Sports Village so the indoor pitches could be built in return for access?  I seem to remember that, but I could be misremembering and making the whole thing up.

They were asked to go in with the council when the sports village was getting built and wouldn't stump up any money, they thought they could just call the shots on using the all weather pitches when they wanted it and the council quite rightly told them there was no chance of that as they would be hiring out the pitches in advnace and the time slots would be gone. Que the club taking the huff and then blaming the council or sport Aberdeen.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:42 PM, mike1234 said:

There is a phase 2 development, which is basically to put a tin shed over one of the full sized 4G pitches, however this was postponed due to covid. It’s still on the todo list, if we can get 2Mil form somewhere (thanks McKenna ?)

I feel football construction programmes seem to be led by egomaniacs with no experience. Budge just loved it. Spending millions of other people's money while sitting in meetings with Caterpillar boots on deciding on pantone colours for the Plaza signage. 

We rent Oriam. Any project to build us something will be equally random. 

Our stand was estimated at 11m. Currently at 23m. Not finished. No corporate to speak of and our top tier corporate facilities are still in the Gorgie Road stand, 23m later. And we're now aiming at a lesser spec than originally quoted for 11m. And our main contractor throughout, was her brother.

I remember walking down Mcleod St and seeing one of the main guys involved at the time in building our stand. I asked, why are we putting up cheap ugly corrugated iron at 23m? He said, so it keeps in line with the other 3 stands. I said, why are we making a 23m stand look like stands that are 30 years old and cost 3m? He looked at me like I was on fire. 

Bit rambling. But I'm wary of football CEO todo lists for construction projects. Feel they're really lists of all the mistakes made til that point. 

Guest milne_afc

Tynecastle lost its edge when they built that main stand. It’s just a purple Mcdiarmid park now.

And the jamboys are wankers.

3 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

I see empty pitches 90% of the time I pass, C P,   the results of the first team have been atrocious since it's conception and surely the funds should have been directed at Pittodrie because there is no way a new alternative is happening in the next ten years, 

Pittodrie's pitch is empty 99% of the time I pass - whats your point?

7 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

I see empty pitches 90% of the time I pass, C P,   the results of the first team have been atrocious since it's conception and surely the funds should have been directed at Pittodrie because there is no way a new alternative is happening in the next ten years, 

???