Sign in to follow this  
Dad

Wildlife

Recently, Dad has found himself back amongst nature...the sweet song of various finchies and titties; the busy toothypegs of red squirrels; the tap-tap-taparoo of woodpeckers, the graceful fence-hopping deer...every day is akin to a real life Disney film (Bambi or one of the others with animals in).

The other day, I saw a blackbird, 2 squirrels a smattering of wee birdies and the woodpecker all fucking hanging out together at my Dad-made feeding area...I was greeting a bitty at the wonder of it all truth be told. 

Anyhow - thought it'd be a terrific topic for us to discuss - feeding advice, photos of rare sightings etc etc...summat to do in the summer months / until the Dons get good again ✌️

Heres one of yon squirrels - I've nicknamed him, 'Squirrely' 🙌

6ZOqP5J.jpg

Wildlife photography is my thing.  If I knew how to post pics straight from my PC I'd fire a couple up but I dinna'.

47 minutes ago, Dad said:

Recently, Dad has found himself back amongst nature...the sweet song of various finchies and titties; the busy toothypegs of red squirrels; the tap-tap-taparoo of woodpeckers, the graceful fence-hopping deer...every day is akin to a real life Disney film (Bambi or one of the others with animals in).

The other day, I saw a blackbird, 2 squirrels a smattering of wee birdies and the woodpecker all fucking hanging out together at my Dad-made feeding area...I was greeting a bitty at the wonder of it all truth be told. 

Anyhow - thought it'd be a terrific topic for us to discuss - feeding advice, photos of rare sightings etc etc...summat to do in the summer months / until the Dons get good again ✌️

6ZOqP5J.jpg

Are you back in the States?

We get a family of woodpeckers occasionally. Very timid they are and fly off at the slightest moment.

Aye - cagey wee bastard our resident woodpecker, 'Woody'... getting a bitty more brazen as time goes on but - he's made the hung fatballs his own 😎 

I'm just guessing he's a he btw...I'll double check on the rspb site. 

And no, no yet - be next year afore USA: phase 2 is underway.

this-thread-is-so-gay-it-gave-me-aids.jp

😁😉 Saw some cracking pics last year of Osprey diving for fish in Loiriston Loch, not sure if they have been spotted this year ?

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Wildlife photography is my thing.  If I knew how to post pics straight from my PC I'd fire a couple up but I dinna'.

Here son - get yourself an Imgur account; a terrific place to upload to, handy links for posting elsewhere etc - terrific it is ✌️

3 minutes ago, chief_wiggum said:

this-thread-is-so-gay-it-gave-me-aids.jp

😁😉 Saw some cracking pics last year of Osprey diving for fish in Loiriston Loch, not sure if they have been spotted this year ?

Reveal hidden contents

Get your buttocks down Loiriston way and find out son 🙌 

I revealed your hidden contents to find...nothing. I was expecting a wee cuckoo or summat as well - ah no.

1 minute ago, Dad said:

I revealed your hidden contents to find...nothing. I was expecting a wee cuckoo or summat as well - ah no.

😂 That was just me in my dotage hitting the wrong button and not noticing, heres a cuckoo for you anyway

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Lots of hare, rabbits, and deer out where I live.See the odd stoat kicking about.The dog always wants to go have a look, but the stoat would take her face off before she knew it.

Lots of barn owls too.

Edited by YorkDon

Spider wasp on the street the other day - dragging a spider back to its nest - got a pic but this website/ postimg both have been playing up like fuck recently 

1 hour ago, Dad said:

6ZOqP5J.jpg

I thought you lived in weegieville? 

nae Red Skwurlz there 

24 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Spider wasp on the street the other day - dragging a spider back to its nest - got a pic but this website/ postimg both have been playing up like fuck recently 

Seen any white tips or red backs yet? 

12 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Seen any white tips or red backs yet? 

Same question to @Dad

With the addition of pink helmets?

Going out dogging does not qualify as wildlife watching you old perv

59 minutes ago, Dad said:

Aye - cagey wee bastard our resident woodpecker, 'Woody'... getting a bitty more brazen as time goes on but - he's made the hung fatballs his own 😎 

I'm just guessing he's a he btw...I'll double check on the rspb site. 

And no, no yet - be next year afore USA: phase 2 is underway.

I’ve never clocked a red squirrel in Scotland. You know what I saw in March , near Canterbury, a fucking white squirrel. Only 50 in the uk. 

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You know what I saw in March , near Canterbury, a fucking white squirrel. Only 50 in the uk. 

The countryside is racist 

1 hour ago, Dad said:

Here son - get yourself an Imgur account; a terrific place to upload to, handy links for posting elsewhere etc - terrific it is ✌️

Cheers, I'll hae a deek later.

56 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

nae Red Skwurlz there 

Saw plenty of the grey fuckerz in Queens Park yesterday. 

16 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Saw plenty of the grey fuckerz in Queens Park yesterday. 

Shitloads in Kelvingrove - they fuck about with the hound, let him get close then bomb up a tree

Yer squirrel is one clever little bastard. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

😄😄. I would rename what we currently refer to as Eastern and Western Brown Snakes, and, in particular, the Black Mamba, which is not actually black, in order to make brown people feel better about things.

#Diversity&Equality

#BrownLivesMatter

Edited by Matt Armstrong's Dog

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

😄😄. I would remain what we currently refer to as Eastern and Western Brown Snakes, and, in particular, the Black Mamba, which is not actually black, in order to make brown people feel better about things.

#Diversity&Equality

#BrownLivesMatter

Aye but all the black things are deadly and a white squirrel isn’t. It’s racism!

2 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Aye but all the black things are deadly and a white squirrel isn’t. It’s racism!

😆😆.

A very valid point, Brian min. Aye, come to think of it there is also the black widow spider but the old great white shark (although mainly a bluish-grey hue) likes a human meal, so maybe that evens things out. 

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

19 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

😄😄. I would remain what we currently refer to as Eastern and Western Brown Snakes, and, in particular, the Black Mamba, which is not actually black, in order to make brown people feel better about things.

#Diversity&Equality

#BrownLivesMatter

13 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Fucking hell. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, chief_wiggum said:

😂 That was just me in my dotage hitting the wrong button and not noticing, heres a cuckoo for you anyway

spacer.png

Cheers son haha 🙌

2 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

nae Red Skwurlz there 

The weeg is in the rear view mirror now son - terrific 😎

52 minutes ago, Dad said:

Cheers son haha 🙌

Coatbridge?

1 hour ago, Dad said:

Cheers son haha 🙌

I’m guessing out Loch Lomond way?

The secret agents said no to divulge

I used to set wee puzzles for the squirrels. They are crafty as toast.