Wildlife

Dad

Recently, Dad has found himself back amongst nature...the sweet song of various finchies and titties; the busy toothypegs of red squirrels; the tap-tap-taparoo of woodpeckers, the graceful fence-hopping deer...every day is akin to a real life Disney film (Bambi or one of the others with animals in).

The other day, I saw a blackbird, 2 squirrels a smattering of wee birdies and the woodpecker all fucking hanging out together at my Dad-made feeding area...I was greeting a bitty at the wonder of it all truth be told. 

Anyhow - thought it'd be a terrific topic for us to discuss - feeding advice, photos of rare sightings etc etc...summat to do in the summer months / until the Dons get good again ✌️

Heres one of yon squirrels - I've nicknamed him, 'Squirrely' ?

6ZOqP5J.jpg

Aye - cagey wee bastard our resident woodpecker, 'Woody'... getting a bitty more brazen as time goes on but - he's made the hung fatballs his own ? 

I'm just guessing he's a he btw...I'll double check on the rspb site. 

And no, no yet - be next year afore USA: phase 2 is underway.

45 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Wildlife photography is my thing.  If I knew how to post pics straight from my PC I'd fire a couple up but I dinna'.

Here son - get yourself an Imgur account; a terrific place to upload to, handy links for posting elsewhere etc - terrific it is ✌️

3 minutes ago, chief_wiggum said:

this-thread-is-so-gay-it-gave-me-aids.jp

?? Saw some cracking pics last year of Osprey diving for fish in Loiriston Loch, not sure if they have been spotted this year ?

Reveal hidden contents

Get your buttocks down Loiriston way and find out son ? 

I revealed your hidden contents to find...nothing. I was expecting a wee cuckoo or summat as well - ah no.

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

??. I would remain what we currently refer to as Eastern and Western Brown Snakes, and, in particular, the Black Mamba, which is not actually black, in order to make brown people feel better about things.

#Diversity&Equality

#BrownLivesMatter

Aye but all the black things are deadly and a white squirrel isn’t. It’s racism!

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

The countryside is racist 

19 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

??. I would remain what we currently refer to as Eastern and Western Brown Snakes, and, in particular, the Black Mamba, which is not actually black, in order to make brown people feel better about things.

#Diversity&Equality

#BrownLivesMatter

13 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Aye but all the black things are deadly and a white squirrel isn’t. It’s racism!

Fucking hell. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, chief_wiggum said:

? That was just me in my dotage hitting the wrong button and not noticing, heres a cuckoo for you anyway

spacer.png

Cheers son haha ?

2 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I thought you lived in weegieville? 

nae Red Skwurlz there 

The weeg is in the rear view mirror now son - terrific ?

Greenfinch are total cunts.

They turn up mob handed, massive barney, squabbling at the feeder

Ill-equipped ugly dinosaur beaks, they ruin it for everyone

All the seed all ends up on the deck encouraging nocturnal vermin 

fef30a8a-e59b-459c-a163-08155d34026d.jpg

Bullfinch on the other hand, turn up with the missus, no mess, no drama, very respectful

Bullfinch_male.jpg

1 hour ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Greenfinch are total cunts.

They turn up mob handed, massive barney, squabbling at the feeder

Ill-equipped ugly dinosaur beaks, they ruin it for everyone

All the seed all ends up on the deck encouraging nocturnal vermin 

fef30a8a-e59b-459c-a163-08155d34026d.jpg

Bullfinch on the other hand, turn up with the missus, no mess, no drama, very respectful

Bullfinch_male.jpg

A bundle of finches frequent Dad's Apiary; terrific wee bastards ? 

A family of chaffinches nesting just above the front door and another behind - a great bunch. 

A pair of Greenfinches are oft hanging about - but I've a few locations with food dottted about, so they seem to keep to themselves. 

There's a pair of great and coal tits too as an aside; right polite wee cunts they are ?