Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Ireland v Scotland

5 hours ago, Helmet said:

For me there was an inevitability about Scotlands recent results, it's disappointing but I'm not even angry about these things anymore.

The bottom line is we won't achieve fuck all without producing better players and a lot more of them - can't blame Clarke for that.

We dont have players good enough to compete with (let alone beat) the most shite Ireland team in about 20 years? 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Helmet said:

For me there was an inevitability about Scotlands recent results, it's disappointing but I'm not even angry about these things anymore.

The bottom line is we won't achieve fuck all without producing better players and a lot more of them - can't blame Clarke for that.

Agreed. But I hadn’t even heard of most of ROI’s players or who they played for. We can blame Clarke for changing the defence from Wednesday night. Not a sacking offence in itself, but to change it to bring back Grant Hanley, now that is a sacking offence.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Agreed. But I hadn’t even heard of most of ROI’s players or who they played for. We can blame Clarke for changing the defence from Wednesday night. Not a sacking offence in itself, but to change it to bring back Grant Hanley, now that is a sacking offence.

I get it. And agree Hanley is pish.

But any other manager we get will also pick pish players we don't rate because that's mostly what we've got an abundance of.

59 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

We dont have players good enough to compete with (let alone beat) the most shite Ireland team in about 20 years? 

We do.

But we don't have good enough players to consistently get the results we expect at international level.

We get a few ok results and everyone is feeling positive then we get beat by 2 or shite teams.

im looking at the bigger picture- the trend is always going to be up and down unless we develop better players

32 minutes ago, Helmet said:

We do.

But we don't have good enough players to consistently get the results we expect at international level.

We get a few ok results and everyone is feeling positive then we get beat by 2 or shite teams.

im looking at the bigger picture- the trend is always going to be up and down unless we develop better players

This is the best squad in decades. The manager can’t use it properly. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

It may be but it’s hardly brilliant. We have a few good players and a lot of average ones. We have no “game changer” like most countries have. If Griffiths had got his shit together he could have been that player for us, we’ve all seen what he can do when he is fit and motivated. Such a waste.

Other than that we’ve not really got anyone. I had hoped Ryan Fraser would have featured and been a direct attacking threat with pace that we lack but it seems he’s still a wee fanny.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Maybe but changing manager won't make a lot of difference imo.

We are getting excited about a tierney or a gilmour or whatever when, as I say, good international teams take guys like that for granted they have so many to choose from.

we're still shite at the core , we just have a bit of glitter on top and it's confusing for us as Scotland fans because we've been used to all shite and no glitter for such a long time we've convinced ourselves this squad is really good.

• Upvote 1