How auld is abudy

Edwin Starr

2 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

That's right Davie .

His place hardly done any work because folk would drop oot and in all day for a yap and a fag to do a chin-wag  ?

I think the father actually went down there to sit in one of the jags to die.

Last time I passed there they were all rusting up and never been touched.

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Aye the sense of one’s mortality does come into your thinking. I’m nowhere near your age and I think I about that a lot.

Was very like you as well.

But after reaching 60 not sure fear is the right word but certainly you see more of what you will miss.

My dad reached 90 but he said when the time comes he will take it like a man.

He certainly did just that.

5 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

I think the father actually went down there to sit in one of the jags to die.

Last time I passed there they were all rusting up and never been touched.

yes passed away on the works sofa if I mind right.

Dave's brother passed away a few years back sitting in his flat with his dinner and a whisky in front of him .

Just shows you can go at any time .

When the batteries run oot that is it .

16 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Why?  you off on holiday to Mars likes?

?

18 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Slowing up with my running is hard to take but can still do 6.55 min miles sometimes but mostly 7 min miles now.

Get tired easier now usually in my kip back of 8pm .

But the worst thing when I turned 60 it really hit home at how much time I have left on planet earth .

2 of my classmates passed away within 2 months of each-other last year one being the lad who owned the Jaguar car garage near pittodrie .

Toff of a bloke .

Not guaranteed how long you’ve left whatever age you are min. Little point stressing about it, enjoy life while you can ??

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What would you say is the worst thing about getting older?  

When you realise you're probably never going to pull a tidy 20 something burd again. Shit, even a tidy 30 something seems unlikely these days. Doesn't stop you noticing them though, which is the cruel part of getting older.

35 minutes ago, NEM said:

?

Not guaranteed how long you’ve left whatever age you are min. Little point stressing about it, enjoy life while you can ??

Absolutely but I'm sure most folk think about it from time to time ..

Correct about life there's no  guarantee.

My mates daughter passed away on her bed with a glass of wine by her side at the age of 42 two years ago her daughters found her after being away for the weekend with their father .

That's just so so  sad..

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

When you realise you're probably never going to pull a tidy 20 something burd again. Shit, even a tidy 30 something seems unlikely these days. Doesn't stop you noticing them though, which is the cruel part of getting older.

I was caught staring right up the beautiful arse crack of lovely thing wearing gym kit the other week. Her muscle bound boyfriend just took pity on me and smirked.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What would you say is the worst thing about getting older?  For me it’s not being able to run about for hours playing football.

And maintaining an erection. 

Not being able to do sport as I did is certainly one. Remember the very day it hit home, I was involved coaching youth football and I decided we'd have a pre season sprint the length of the park. Half way I thought "ok press the accelerator and get past this lot"....nothing happened. Legs didn't do fuck all and when the big centre half went past me my brain just went numb. Couldn't understand what just happened until I realised I just found out what the pros mean when they say the legs have gone. Can barely swing a golf club properly either now. Even my darts averages are plummeting by the year.

Have you got to that day yet when you look in the mirror and say "Who the fuck are you.?"

Though erections I can still do.....well last time I tried anyhow.

3 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Not being able to do sport as I did is certainly one. Remember the very day it hit home, I was involved coaching youth football and I decided we'd have a pre season sprint the length of the park. Half way I thought "ok press the accelerator and get past this lot"....nothing happened. Legs didn't do fuck all and when the big centre half went past me my brain just went numb. Couldn't understand what just happened until I realised I just found out what the pros mean when they say the legs have gone. Can barely swing a golf club properly either now. Even my darts averages are plummeting by the year.

Have you got to that day yet when you look in the mirror and say "Who the fuck are you.?"

That last part is a superb question .

5 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

I've had to read that a few times .

That's called abusing your wife you could go to jail you know .

Buc min it's called consensual sex, (as long as she agrees to it.... or is awake :itch-chin::laughing: )and not illegal

On the subject of age, I'm turning 60 in 4 months and I hate the thought of it. :( I will be officially be "an auld cunt"

Guest milne_afc

40 is the beginning of the end.

I’ll be happy enough to reach 50, fully intact. Will probably buy some heroin* and rat poison the day before my 60th if still here.

Any cancers or amputation/mutations and I’ll do a number.

*just get a lay-on actually