Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

How auld is abudy

Edwin Starr

50 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Poor auld biddy has at least 2 conditions going on there. Looks like the cervix showing in the middle.....so uterine prolapse.

At the bottom there's a pronounced rectocele. 

I'd be surprised if she isn't shitting herself at times. 

Needs surgery.....

On the upside atleast she doesnt need to carry a handbag when she goes out, she can just keep her purse/phone/keys/etc in there. 

Pretty much every planned operation will be cancelled if you have an infection. (Emergencies like appendicitis or peritonitis caused by bowel tears then they have no choice but to operate and give IV antibiotic cover during and post-op.)

MRSA is a variant of Staphylococcus Aureus. Around 25-30% of humans carry "plain" staph aureus as a "commensal" organism....that means you are colonised with it without even knowing and under normal circumstances it causes you no harm.

The MR stands for Methicillin Resistant. Back in the late 80s it was thought of as possibly being a huge problem. Likely evolved through overuse of antibiotics ( patients would go to their GP with vague minor symptoms of an infection...a cold would be exaggerated to be 'flu for example. Both are caused by viruses and antibiotics therefore useless but the patient would nag on and just to shut them up the doc would give them a 7 day course, secretly hoping they'd suffer horrendous diarrhoea as a side effect/payback for giving him hassle). Unfortunately this allowed normally harmless SA to mutate into new strains to become resistant to most normal antibiotics.....MRSA being the result. Still usually harmless under normal circumstances but very dangerous in newborns, the elderly, the immunocompromised and folk needing operations!  At one point about 30 years ago there was only one antibiotic left that was effective against some strains called vancomycin which was massively expensive and only reserved for the most serious infections. Now there's newer antibiotics that have been developed that are cheap and effective. It's reckoned now that around 3-4% of the population carry MRSA harmlessly. Only a problem if you are in one of the groups I mentioned before

Everyone needing an op gets screened routinely pre-op for infection, not just for MRSA. If anything shows up you'll be given a course of antibiotics...repeated if necessary.... until you are are clear of infection.

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Cheers man. It’s only for a knee anthroscopy. They gave me some gel stuff and some other stuff I’ve to squirt up my beak 6 days before.

Actually that's just about the worst place you could have chosen to get operated on. It's very rare that anything worse than a  minor wound infection on the site of the stitches would occur but a deep seated infection (not necessarily caused by MRSA) inside the knee joint is a bastard to clear up. 

26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Actually that's just about the worst place you could have chosen to get operated on. It's very rare that anything worse than a  minor wound infection on the site of the stitches would occur but a deep seated infection (not necessarily caused by MRSA) inside the knee joint is a bastard to clear up. 

:crossfingers:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1