Enjoyed the game,great to see Balmoor packed to the rafters in the sunshine,fans sitting on the grass slopes. .Peterhead was scorchio today.It was job done,soft penalty for the opening goal and neat header from Christian Ramirez to clinch victory.McCrorie good game, Anthony Stewart strolled it,loanee Liam Scales surprised me how good he was,Ryan Duncan is going to be a star.Peterhead young goalie Jack Newman excellent, outstanding first half tip round the post from Christian Ramirez drive.Home Sponsors man of the match ! Good day out.Wish Aberdeen had played in red !

25 minutes ago, graham said:

Yes,Jayden Richardson excellent and running all day down the right hand side on the overlap,set up disallowed McCrorie goal.No real opportunity to assess his defensive qualities.Good surname ! Lee Richardson one of my favourite Aberdeen players 

Possibly related?

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Comfortable enough in the end but would have been interesting to see how we would have reacted had Roos failed to make that save/Scales clearing off the line from the resultant corner.

Kennedy far and away our m.o.m. McCrorie decent enough and Richardson came on to a decent game after a quiet first 30 minutes or so. Vinnie was poor which really doesn't bode well considering the limitations of the side he was up against and Hancock looks like he needs another season out on loan, was out of his depth before getting injured. Polvara seemed anonymous first half but was decent enough after the break.

Centre backs looked comfortable in possession but not going to pass any judgement on how much, if any, they are an improvement on last season's pairings until I've seen them facing some SPL sides. 

It's a start

The fact that Kennedy was our best player (against such poor opposition) is really rather frightening.

we were missing just 2 of our new ‘exciting’ signings that will ‘transform’ the side from last season.

I have zero faith that we will be anything above ‘mediocre’ at best. Even with the ‘hope/excitement’ of signing the likes of Ronan/McGrath ?

Big picture & without fairytale optimism of new season that everyone convinces themselves of. Will 2 St Mirren players coming in to add to the current cluster fk really transform this shite pile? ?

We have been led down a path of desperation where contentment is viewed as exciting 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Kennedy was star man, and while he's become a hate figure for many, it's encouraging to see him buck himself up and put in a decent shift.

Agreed, he played well.

Not sure where this hate figure spiel is coming from though.

He's just not been very good for us, and fans, as they do, have acknowledged this.

9 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Some save he had at 0-0. Heading straight for the top corner.

He'll definitely be #1.

Aye, good job he was still awake.

I feel the same, he will be in possession until...

Well, here's hoping he gets a good run.

9 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Watched  it on redtv and agree, Stewart goin to be solid for us, not reading into the game too much but we done what we needed to do. Acid tests on Wednesday night ?

Stewart did look solid.

Some of his long range passing into space for attacking players to run onto were very good. After a couple of sighters to find the range like.

7 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Good to hear Goodwin say after the game he's looking at 2 more attacking mids and a winger. Hopefully that helps.

Never heard that. Sounds promising.

6 hours ago, graham said:

Ryan Duncan is going to be a star.

First time I'd seen him.

Looks to have a fair bit of skill, flair and attacking aggression about him.

Fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, Zeus said:

Jayden Richardson was like prime 90s Cafu today

Already came good? ?

He looked decent. Fast. One or two decent final balls in / across.

Be interesting to see how his defending is once the quality of opposition increases.

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The fact that Kennedy was our best player (against such poor opposition) is really rather frightening.

we were missing just 2 of our new ‘exciting’ signings that will ‘transform’ the side from last season.

I have zero faith that we will be anything above ‘mediocre’ at best. Even with the ‘hope/excitement’ of signing the likes of Ronan/McGrath ?

Big picture & without fairytale optimism of new season that everyone convinces themselves of. Will 2 St Mirren players coming in to add to the current cluster fk really transform this shite pile? ?

We have been led down a path of desperation where contentment is viewed as exciting 

Theres 10 outfield players. We were missing 3 starters so just about 1/3 of our team, who will certainly improve our team, with 2 or 3 others still to be signed.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RUL said:

Theres 10 outfield players. We were missing 3 starters so just about 1/3 of our team, who will certainly improve our team, with 2 or 3 others still to be signed.

Ramadani, McCrorie and Barron might not all be starters at the same time? 

Mackenzie is nae great shakes.

We were missing Barron and Miovski 

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The sooner Barron signs a new deal the better. ?

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I look at it the it the other way

Kennedy was playing like a man possessed yesterday

Even in chasing back and tackling 

He also looked a little faster and stronger too

Goodwin has got that out of him, so that bodes well for Goodwins ability to improve and motivate players surely ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I look at it the it the other way

Kennedy was playing like a man possessed yesterday

Even in chasing back and tackling 

He also looked a little faster and stronger too

Goodwin has got that out of him, so that bodes well for Goodwins ability to improve and motivate players surely ?

I'd all but written Kennedy off. He's getting a clean slate from me.

• Like 1
Just now, HaarDon said:

Is our back 4 coming together defensively?

Been a very important change required and as i havnt seen any pre matches or highlights was judt wondering.

No test whatsoever yesterday but one moment worth commenting.

Corner comes in and keeper doesnt come and we dont win the first header.

First header back across goal and keeper doesnt come and we dont win the second header.

Second header easily beats the keeper this is from two yards out now but thankfully Scales crept back on the line and cleared it.

A bit of nerves from everyone there and hopefully weve settled down long before the league games start

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

Kennedy was like a new signing yesterday. Hope he can maintain this performance for the rest of the season.

A,while back you could kinda see Kennedy had some degree of talent and skill.

Not sure why he didnt develop but glad he's showing promise again.

2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

A,while back you could kinda see Kennedy had some degree of talent and skill.

Not sure why he didnt develop but glad he's showing promise again.

He was a good player at St Johnstone.  For whatever reason, some players just don't work out at some clubs.  However, with Kennedy, I have my doubts whether he's ever been 100% fit while with us.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He was a good player at St Johnstone.  For whatever reason, some players just don't work out at some clubs.  However, with Kennedy, I have my doubts whether he's ever been 100% fit while with us.

He was injured a lot but even when he did play McInnes had him falling back defending.

Give him a free role and you would see a vast improvement.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

No test whatsoever yesterday but one moment worth commenting.

Corner comes in and keeper doesnt come and we dont win the first header.

First header back across goal and keeper doesnt come and we dont win the second header.

Second header easily beats the keeper this is from two yards out now but thankfully Scales crept back on the line and cleared it.

A bit of nerves from everyone there and hopefully weve settled down long before the league games start

Pretty much as the Derby fans described? Great shot stopper but doesn't command his box. 

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

He was injured a lot but even when he did play McInnes had him falling back defending.

Give him a free role and you would see a vast improvement.

Was the only player who looked capable of breaking the lines against PHD anyway… much better deployed in a role where his primary responsibility is to attack.

16 hours ago, graham said:

Enjoyed the game,great to see Balmoor packed to the rafters in the sunshine,fans sitting on the grass slopes. .

What grass slopes ?

It's a fuckin awful stadium for spectating. In the away end anyway. Far worse than most of the Highland League. Not much, if any, slope on the ground behind the barrier, so unless you were practically right at the barrier , it is a very restricted view , barely above the level of the pitch.

This was one occasion where you'd get a far better idea of how the game was being played out by watching on TV.