Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Jayden Richardson

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

This is where selling Calvin Ramsay to Liverpool may have some influence as young English players may look at AFC and think that they can develop and get a decent move a few years down the line

Excellent point min.

Whilst we've had our fair share of duds from daan saaf in the past (Vidal, Marshall, Uchechi, Edmondson, Jenks, Longstaff, etc.) who had all been on the books of, or had come directly from, teams in the EPL), we've also made a few good signings (Logan, Maddison, Lowe, Aluko (fucking rat)).

These signings tended to have more game time under their belts that the duds before descending on the hallowed turf at Pittodrie.

The lad Richardson has played a lot of games for a 21 year old, especially when you factor in he had only played 2 first team games for his former parent club. Seems a cracking signing to me and the standard type we should be making via due diligence, rather than last minute panic buys or loans that are merely squad fillers and don't improve our squad one iota.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Canna have anyone with a middle name of De’Chante playing for The Famous Aberdeen. 

I was worried it translate to The Cunt or something so I looked it up.  Seems to be French for Of the Singer, or Of the Song.  Jayden is a Jewish name, so maybe the song is from Yentil. 

30 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Excellent point min.

Whilst we've had our fair share of duds from daan saaf in the past (Vidal, Marshall, Uchechi, Edmondson, Jenks, Longstaff, etc.) who had all been on the books of, or had come directly from, teams in the EPL), we've also made a few good signings (Logan, Maddison, Lowe, Aluko (fucking rat)).

These signings tended to have more game time under their belts that the duds before descending on the hallowed turf at Pittodrie.

The lad Richardson has played a lot of games for a 21 year old, especially when you factor in he had only played 2 first team games for his former parent club. Seems a cracking signing to me and the standard type we should be making via due diligence, rather than last minute panic buys or loans that are merely squad fillers and don't improve our squad one iota.

Played a lot of games at highland league standard, MAD pal

it absolutely is a panic buy, hardly a first pic!

Wonder what the actual fee was (deducted from the promotion compensation I assume) & if he’s actually pretty decent but they clearly don’t think good enough for EPL so just killing two birds with one stone rather than loan him out again. 

Wonder if there was any interest from us prior to the compensation thing or if it all just fell into place with the timing of us selling our RB. Even though we’ve known for ages this would happen. He says his agent mentioned our potential interest nearly 2 months ago ?

1 minute ago, slippers said:

For some strange reason a few Notts county fans really don’t rate him even though he was 1 of the 2 Notts players in the national team of the year. Said they wouldn’t even of had him back at national level…? Dosnt make sense when he’s been in team of year having only played half an season. 

Sour grapes 

For some strange reason a few Notts county fans really don’t rate him even though he was 1 of the 2 Notts players in the national team of the year. Said they wouldn’t even of had him back at national level…? Dosnt make sense when he’s been in team of year having only played half an season. 

Just now, slippers said:

It just shows that fans are often brainless idiots, posting on here and following the dons should mean that you already know this min.

5 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Have a guess why

Racists?

Even the positive comments mention he can’t defend. He fits Goodwin criteria of being strong and fast. At least we appear to have a plan about how we want to play and who should play.

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

You may be right, Poodler min, but I've got a hunch this lad will turn out to be of a similar ilk to Max Lowe.

You are spot on about the standard of football he has mainly played at so far is the equivalent of the Highland League but the lad has all the attributes to progress, and that can only be to our club's benefit. 

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You may be right, Poodler min, but I've got a hunch this lad will turn out to be of a similar ilk to Max Lowe.

You are spot on about the standard of football he has mainly played at so far is the equivalent of the Highland League but the lad has all the attributes to progress, and that can only be to our club's benefit. 

It’s not HL level, no highland league teams are full time. Most if not all in national are full time in 5th tier, our second tier has 2 semi pro sides. Just got to trust the scouts on this 1 I guess. 

He’ll be judged like any other new signing. Starts with a clean slate and hopefully hits the ground running (which by the sounds of it is one of his strong points). Will always be a gamble trying to mine the lower leagues for unpolished gems but it’ll be up to him and the coaching team to work on his weaknesses to take him to the next level. Obviously done something right to make it onto the National League TotY.

Good luck to him though. Hopefully goes on to be a worthy addition.

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Aye we’ve had our fair share of pish from down south who’ve played a few divisions higher than this guy has for almost the entirety of his career so far.

Hopefully he turns out to be decent, but everybody saying it’s a great signing needs to just settle down. Nobody here had even heard of the guy until late last night.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

It’s not HL level, no highland league teams are full time. Most if not all in national are full time in 5th tier, our second tier has 2 semi pro sides. Just got to trust the scouts on this 1 I guess. 

The scouts come up trumps now and again, so, as you quite rightly say, we'll just have to trust them on this signing. However, I have a feeling the lad will be a hit. 

12 hours ago, beef_sister said:

The irony on that post is real.... there's a good chance you still sleep with yer old dear with the shite you spout on here

11 hours ago, beef_sister said:

It does,

Thats why i said fuck all and will never say fuck all regarding potential transfers. Because i don't have a clue if it's legit or not, Just something a mate said to me on whatsapp yesterday. My life is pathetic enough without trying to impress strangers on a football forum who i've never met. Bizzare lot on here who claim to be ITK

10 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Digging? what are you on about.... If yer goin to have a go, At least make it relevant about something ye dafty ? I've constantly called out the ITK crew so why the fuck would i try and make out that i know anything and post it beforehand. I said i got a message and never posted it for that reason. But aye, I'll keep digging ?

Sorry if i've offended you and yer ITK crew with the pish they spout. :gay:

10 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Nah, i wouldnt say so.  I never posted about it before the signing happened claiming i knew there would be a signing.  I'd say the ITK shite is folk posting beforehand saying signing incoming ect. Like i said already, I know nothing about our targets or transfers and will never claim to. 

The state of it

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Just because they have the money to be full time, doesn’t make them great. The standard is poor, I’ve seen it. And the standard in league 2 is shite aswell. If not even a Carlisle were interested, i think it’s just a stab in the dark. 

hope it works out but expect it to be more gurr/ Gleeson than gess

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Just because they have the money to be full time, doesn’t make them great. The standard is poor, I’ve seen it. And the standard in league 2 is shite aswell. If not even a Carlisle were interested, i think it’s just a stab in the dark. 

I didn’t say it was but it’s not HL level is all I’m saying which was the original post. 

11 minutes ago, Poodler said:

You are spot on poodles - whichever way you look at it, this one is a punt!  Obviously I hope Mowbray has uncovered a rough diamond, but we’re asking a lot from a 21-year old Vauxhall conference player if he’s going to start at RB this season.

16 minutes ago, Poodler said:

The standard of our league last season was also shite outwith those that finished 1st to 3rd. Even Hearts were not great but just lucky everyone else was so bad. Dundee Utd finished 4th with just 48points and they are an extremely average team. The fact we didnt get relegated and could have made the top 6 last season when we were as horrendous as we were shows how poor the standard was last season. I was at all the home games last season and would have to say i thought the overall standard was the worst it had been for a while.