Jayden Richardson

33 minutes ago, True_Don said:

forest fan I know says he is a decent player and expected him to be in the 1st team regular...who knows.

Maybe they felt he could eventually be a first team regular in the championship but have ambitions now of cementing their status as an EPL team & they don’t feel he will be at that level anytime soon, if at all.

Hopefully we’ve scored a relatively decent ‘cast off’ as they are expecting the reduced numbers of permitted loan players to affect them now. 

6 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

McKenna would still like us I should think.

If he was a dud I'm sure he would have let the club know.imo

You really think McKenna would take even a passing interest in our transfer activity, let alone go out of his way to intervene in a prospective deal ?

14 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

You'd think he'd have put in a  good word about us surely? I agree though that he's probably not arsed about us

Maybe if him and Richardson have become reasonably close friends ....but how likely is that ?....,has Richardson not been out on loan most of the time since McKenna left us ?

And how many of the players and  coaching staff that would've been McKenna's daily working colleagues when he was with us are still here , anyway?... surely can't be all that many 

• Haha 1
Just now, redone said:

Maybe if him and Richardson have become reasonably close friends ....but how likely is that ?....,has Richardson not been out on loan most of the time since McKenna left us ?

And how many of the players and  coaching staff that would've been McKenna's daily working colleagues when he was with us are still here , anyway?... surely can't be all that many 

Think i read that he's been training with them during the week because he was on loan at Notts County, So in all possibility they could have become mates. Reading Max Lowe put in a word about us too. 

There will still be a few from McKennas time with us as he's only been away a couple of years i think? 

1 minute ago, Dave Bus said:

P&J suggesting we spent 300k on this lad?

Absolute bonkers if true.

It's hard to believe we stopped at £150k for Dunne when St Mirren quoted £300k (yes yes many on here will say correctly so but Goodwin obviously wanted (wants?) him) and then spunked £300k on a right back from the conference

Just now, Dave Bus said:

Aye agree, swear motherwell would get decent players for conference for less than 100k etc

It's more believable that this number thats been fed to the P&J by the club is a number with add ons 

If i was told Miovski cost a million i'd believe it but that he cost €625k taking our spending to £1m i dont believe for one second

On 6/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, Tord31 said:

Absolute bonkers if true.

It's hard to believe we stopped at £150k for Dunne when St Mirren quoted £300k (yes yes many on here will say correctly so but Goodwin obviously wanted (wants?) him) and then spunked £300k on a right back from the conference

Nae really, it's an investment on a player with a higher ceiling than Dunne. It works out well then we all win and we make a profit on him.

Dunne is an injury prone, journeyman clogged.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I cannot believe we are a premier league club and we have a guy we paid money for whose only move, is hit (overhit) a ball up a line and chase after it

It's like watching mclennan all over again 

I’m going to get stick for this but agree 100% 

What’s worse is he’s a poor defender as well.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:47 PM, Sonoftherock said:

You are spot on poodles - whichever way you look at it, this one is a punt!  Obviously I hope Mowbray has uncovered a rough diamond, but we’re asking a lot from a 21-year old Vauxhall conference player if he’s going to start at RB this season.

Looks like a Vauxhall Conference player at the moment. 

Would be good to hear the clubs thinking behind this one… Mowbray obviously saw something in the player, but did he advise Goodwin that Richardson would be good enough to start for Aberdeen at the moment, and that we’d be able to go without another RB?

I had my concerns from the Peterhead game about Richardson. I was hoping his lack of technique might just be down to a poor surface!

Im remaining positive and saying Richardson will one day develop into a player… but he’s obviously not there at the moment. Fans are going to start throwing blame, so probably good to know who’s made the call here!

If teams in League 2 aren’t even taking a speculative punt then it’s mad ego/ arrogance or stupidity that saw us spend 000’s on this. 

very poor so far. 

not his fault, he’s just playing to his standard and joins the massive list of players who will never play for a bigger club than aberdeen. Only way is down after this contract 

• Upvote 1

Harsh criticism of Richardson thus far.

He's clearly been told to push up but then no one from centre mid moves over to cover for him. This forces Stewart to come across then we are unmanned and out of position at the back.

Against Celtic he must have been told to track back and keep the winger out wide - he did this well.

His final product looks better than Morris so far.

He's shown good confidence, pace and effort to date and deserves more time IMO. 

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Looks like a Vauxhall Conference player at the moment. 

Would be good to hear the clubs thinking behind this one… Mowbray obviously saw something in the player, but did he advise Goodwin that Richardson would be good enough to start for Aberdeen at the moment, and that we’d be able to go without another RB?

I had my concerns from the Peterhead game about Richardson. I was hoping his lack of technique might just be down to a poor surface!

Im remaining positive and saying Richardson will one day develop into a player… but he’s obviously not there at the moment. Fans are going to start throwing blame, so probably good to know who’s made the call here!

It's just really deflating

It is still far too early to judge comprehensively,  of course

But the signs aren't encouraging

It's genuinely the same as in champ manager

When you have scouts, but they're not very good,  you get to see some data, but far from all

For Richardson they have seen 17-20 for pace, acceleration and stamina 

Then 7-13 for other critical stuff such as decision making, positioning, technique and took a punt

Can't believe we fall for this every year, whether it be the euro early stages or the league cup

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His one attribute is pace. 
That’s it, from the games I’ve seen.

He has no defensive nous. 
He has little football intelligence.  
He just seems to kick the ball ahead of the opponent & hope to out run him, regardless of what space is in front of him.

I’m not writing him off, he can possibly improve.

He’s going to have to & quickly. 

Haha I was saying that last week

It's actual primary school technique

I couldn't believe it when I seen him do it

It's the same with Duk 

Literally hits it in a straight line past the first guy and sprints past him, problem is the opposition player behind just goes across and gets it

I also find it actually quite comical when Duk does it, because someone has told him he is faster than he actually is

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

It's the same with Duk 

Literally hits it in a straight line past the first guy and sprints past him, problem is the opposition player behind just goes across and gets it

I also find it actually quite comical when Duk does it, because someone has told him he is faster than he actually is

Aye, Duk looks more Austin Samuels at the moment, but let’s give him time too.

There’s only so long we can use the lack of fitness as an excuse though. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

It's the same with Duk 

Do you remember Eric the Eel from the summer Olympics years ago? He was an African lad, who could hardly swim, who ended up winning his heat at the Olympics after the other folk in the race got disqualified? He struggled to even finish 100M. I think he was from a land locked country in Africa - he only qualified as the IOC have diversity quotas, or something like that…

It was a great, heart warming sporting moment! For some reason though, I was up cheering Duks goal last week, the same way that I cheered when Eric the Eel finished that race.

• Like 2