40 minutes ago, redone said:

Helped get us to the Cup Final in the first place.

Was an important part of the team that was probably the best we've had in the last decade.

Helped get us a day out - failed to win mainly because we were missing our best player at that time. Nobody remembers the losers so i couldnt care less if he helped get us there. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I haven’t read many tweets or posts doubting the lads ability or anything personal about him.

The criticism is universally about the fact it appears there’s no option to buy 

… which has yet to be confirmed 

Ability's definitely there. The nature of his move is a huge faux pas. If there's an option to buy i can't see why we wouldn't lead with that. The Club couldn't have been blind to the negativity which would otherwise follow.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Just listened to Mal interview Liam Scales on REDTV.

It maybe wasn’t the platform or the person to ask, but not even mentioning a “loan with buy” option.

That would maybe need to be directed towards Jim Goodwin though. 

So the existence or otherwise of an option to buy hasn't actually been confirmed yet? 

Nae like folk on here to jump the gun.... 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You are being over dramatic. 
Nowhere near it ?

Never have I seen such outrage to a dons signing, think that says about how bad a deal it is. A guy who has played 13 games ever for Celtic, we’re getting bitched around by them to see if he comes good, in which case he’ll go back to celtic a better player and be way out of our budget. Add to this, he’s been given the squad number 4 which suggests he’s going to be a key player for us this season and the only left sided centre half we’ll have, but straight away he’s ruled out of at least 4 matches. It’s the most stupid deal ever.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So the existence or otherwise of an option to buy hasn't actually been confirmed yet? 

Nae like folk on here to jump the gun.... 

If it was the case, and I do hope it is at least that would be semi bare able but would the club not have said it in the announcement if it was in the agreement 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

If it was the case, and I do hope it is at least that would be semi bare able but would the club not have said it in the announcement if it was in the agreement 

Fuck knows min.  I'm just going to hang fire a wee bitty though before I join the Simpsons flaming torch scene just in case. 

If he is an improvement on Bates & Gallagher I’ve no problem with it.Yes, it’s frustrating that we are developing him for Celtic, and that he can’t play against them, but if he’s better than the calamity twins at the back and makes us more solid, then it’s more positive then negative.

6 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Never have I seen such outrage to a dons signing, think that says about how bad a deal it is. A guy who has played 13 games ever for Celtic, we’re getting bitched around by them to see if he comes good, in which case he’ll go back to celtic a better player and be way out of our budget. Add to this, he’s been given the squad number 4 which suggests he’s going to be a key player for us this season and the only left sided centre half we’ll have, but straight away he’s ruled out of at least 4 matches. It’s the most stupid deal ever.

Hard to argue with a lot of that, but it’s far from “the worst deal” we’ve ever done.

It’s not even close. 

1 minute ago, YorkDon said:

If he is an improvement on Bates & Gallagher I’ve no problem with it.Yes, it’s frustrating that we are developing him for Celtic, and that he can’t play against them, but if he’s better than the calamity twins at the back and makes us more solid, then it’s more positive then negative.

No - you move on to the next player identified. However you cut this, the only beneficiary is timbo

Gutted this is a loan signing and even worse form a team in the same league.

We can't win with these and just shouldn't have bothered if Celtic didn't want to sell him.

If I'm optimistic maybe we'll sign another lefty CB and Scales will be there to provide competition to McKenzie and the new lefty CB. But I doubt that's the plan.