1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

So then we’ve taken a gamble, but with benefits if he’s good
The downside being if he’s that good, we don’t have the option to buy, and they get a better player back, but we do get a decent  centre half for a season.

I’d rather be taking the risk than potentially starting the season with Gallagher & Bates as our centre half pairing.

Problem being unless we add other centre halves our pairing at Celtic Park will be Bates and Gallagher......

1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

Hopefully this will be the last deal the club do like this. You would’ve thought Montgomery receiving some boos would’ve been enough for the club to understand the fans point of view on these sort of transfers.

You'd think, but

Bullshit statements about Considine

McCrorie and Ferguson openly cheering on the Huns at Seville. 

The club's finger is very far from the pulse. 

And to top it all off they dinnae take cash for pies. 

• Haha 2

Regardless of the deal, here's hoping he proves to be a great asset to us for the season ahead.

Then does his ligaments walking into Parkhead, 12 months from now.

On a side note, not a peep out of Dave Cormack on Twitter regarding any of our signings. Seems to be keeping a much lower profile these days.

8 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Problem being unless we add other centre halves our pairing at Celtic Park will be Bates and Gallagher......

Well aye, there is that.You’d like to think (hope) that with a bit of competition one or both might get their finger out to step up to partner Scales, as he’s obviously been brought in to start.

Disna help for the first game tho.

29 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Regardless of the deal, here's hoping he proves to be a great asset to us for the season ahead.

Then does his ligaments walking into Parkhead, 12 months from now.

On a side note, not a peep out of Dave Cormack on Twitter regarding any of our signings. Seems to be keeping a much lower profile these days.

Very much keeping his powder dry this time around after spilling all his snake oil stock on Glass’s first window 

Wow, don't think I've ever seen such a vehement reaction to a signing before

And I agree with the vehemency 

I have no doubt he will be a good player, but being unable to play in our bloody first game of the season is exactly why it's a stupid strategy

Might be that it leads to us signing him permanently as he will be close to 25 by the time the season is done?

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Huns aren’t remotely our rivals either, so should we just sign as many players as we can from both clubs as we cannot compete with them anyway & just become a feeder/development club for them both.

Gift them both 12 points each & not bother playing them if we draw them in cups?

Sorry but there is absolutely zero justification for signing players on loan from ANY clubs in same league as us without (at very least) an option to buy in next window.

I fkn detest us doing this in any circumstances. No matter how pathetically some bend over to excuse it.

We had better be signing at least one more (first 11) CH as going with the shite we had last season in all games v Celtic this season is totally unacceptable. JG can fk off now if he is planning this small team mentality 

If they improve us then yeah I’ll put up with it. We finished 2nd above rangers both seasons christie was here, and who scored our first winner at ibrox for about 26 years? 

It’s not small team mentality at all. it happens in every league, it’s just hard for us cause Aberdeen fans basically hate everyone and think we are better and more important than the sad reality. I’m sure Norwich fans weren’t crying at getting Gilmour (maybe they were when he turned out pish) or Lingard at West Ham. Didn’t Lukaku bang in a heap of goals on loan at west brom and Everton too? 

i think it’s just cause I like battling you though, cause ultimately id also rather sign someone else

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If they improve us then yeah I’ll put up with it. We finished 2nd above rangers both seasons christie was here, and who scored our first winner at ibrox for about 26 years? 

It’s not small team mentality at all. it happens in every league, it’s just hard for us cause Aberdeen fans basically hate everyone and think we are better and more important than the sad reality. I’m sure Norwich fans weren’t crying at getting Gilmour (maybe they were when he turned out pish) or Lingard at West Ham. Didn’t Lukaku bang in a heap of goals on loan at west brom and Everton too? 

i think it’s just cause I like battling you though, cause ultimately id also rather sign someone else

Central defence is not an area that should be interfered with when we go into games against the stronger teams. 
You can accommodate a wee shuffle further forward but not in central defence. Especially when what we already have in there is utterly shite as is.

If Scales is viewed as a replacement for Considine of last season (essentially emergency cover) then that can be (very slightly) justified if Celtic are paying a very high % of his wages. If we are paying the equivalent of a first team players wages (high end especially) for a player that will ‘potentially’ be unable to play half a dozen games then it is 100% unacceptable.

I will excuse this loan IF JG has a better left sided CH in his plans & Scales is a squad filler/cover player

• Upvote 2
42 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Starting to get fed up with this cunt Goodwin - after all he does have final say on transfers. 

Next thing he'll be making McCrorie captain. If he does that then he can officially GTF. 

That’s a banker and just about sums up the tinpot mentality at the club. 

Say for example Scales is great for us & we are having a fantastic season & reach the split & are (miraculously obviously) challenging Celtic for (not 1st obviously as that would be ridiculous because it would mean both arse cheeks having a poor season) 2nd place & a potential CL qualifier spot maybe. Does anyone really believe we would get 100% from a Celtic player knowing he’s going back to them for the next season off the back of a good one with us & a chance of getting in their first team for CL? Even more so if the reason they have struggled enough for us to ‘challenge’ them is because of them having say a poor left sided CH 

Nice giving Celtic the opportunity to nobble one of our CH’s also & weaken us further in games. 

Not uncommon for us to play same team in a league game prior to them in one (or even both) cup competitions. Say Celtic are in this situation & 3-0 up cruising in league game with a few mins to go. They can send on an ‘expendable’ player to nobble our player in a crucial area leaving us completely fkd in said cup games.

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Nice giving Celtic the opportunity to nobble one of our CH’s also & weaken us further in games. 

Not uncommon for us to play same team in a league game prior to them in one (or even both) cup competitions. Say Celtic are in this situation & 3-0 up cruising in league game with a few mins to go. They can send on an ‘expendable’ player to nobble our player in a crucial area leaving us completely fkd in said cup games.

Nobble? What in the fuck does that mean? 

I hope you get nobbled by a bin lorry you daft bastard. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Meh about a year's loan from a rival club

Meh about his abilities

Genuinely hope that MacKenzie, Bates and Gallagher all do well enough to keep him out of the side and he returns to Celtic having wasted a year of his career

Not much chance of that i'm afraid. All three are fucking hopeless

• Upvote 2

Allegedly Celtic are interested in Connor Barron (or maybe that was just Daily Record tripe), but if it’s true and Scales does well while here on loan and Goodwin says “ok, we’ll buy him”. And Celtic respond with, ok, we’ll do a deal, but Barron coming to us must be part of the deal. Or am I aff ma heid?

7 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Allegedly Celtic are interested in Connor Barron (or maybe that was just Daily Record tripe), but if it’s true and Scales does well while here on loan and Goodwin says “ok, we’ll buy him”. And Celtic respond with, ok, we’ll do a deal, but Barron coming to us must be part of the deal. Or am I aff ma heid?

Not off your head no

Just really boring and pointless 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Thanks for your interest Celtic, now off you trot.