Taking the player in isolation then it's a good signing as I think he's got good potential. 

However I'm not happy that it's a loan, and that loan rules him out of 3 games, potentially 4.

This loan should include an option to buy, otherwise what's the point. He does well, we benefit on the pitch, bit then it lessens the chance of any future move becoming permanent as Celtic can just take him back at the end of the season or sell him on. And we're just left with a hole in the team to fill.

4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Bates and Gallagher are finished. They made a right cunt of Goodwin and his two week claim ? 

They were both dreadful last season, so can have no complaints... sadly one of them will get a second chance though, as Scales can't play in our first game of the season!! :MEGA-FACEPALM:

6 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Thanks for your interest Celtic, now off you trot.

I agree that it what we should, but if, and it’s a big if, a situation like this were to occur, my worry would be the messing it might do to Connor’s head. Maybe I’m over thinking this whole thing.

7 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Thanks for your interest Celtic, now off you trot.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Tim Goodwin, Hollywood teeth and that fucking drip Gunner wouldn’t sell Barron to our big team. “What an opportunity for the lad” “couldn’t stand in his way” etc etc

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, NEM said:

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Tim Goodwin, Hollywood teeth and that fucking drip Gunner wouldn’t sell Barron to our big team. “What an opportunity for the lad” “couldn’t stand in his way” etc etc

Barron is destined for a better move than to that lot. 

16 hours ago, redone said:

If he's an improvement on what we've got , the positives outweigh the negatives.

I said the same about Montgomery.
Even worse, I think I actually did say he was better than we had, simply based on the number of appearances he had for the Tims up to that point. ? ?

Also of course, that we were shite down that side.

14 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Hopefully this will be the last deal the club do like this. You would’ve thought Montgomery receiving some boos would’ve been enough for the club to understand the fans point of view on these sort of transfers.

I dinna think he would have been taking those boos if he had been in ony wie competent.
Was hard to take in just how shite he was for us.

11 hours ago, Roberto said:

For Aberdeen is a grand old team to play for...

And if you know your history...

Dons fans did actually sing this at one point.
I recall it being sung, as a bairn travelling down to a Cup game at Dunfermline. Around 76/77.

Then for a few years after that on Cup semi and Final buses. Nae sure when that ceased.

9 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

They did though. Unless you are suggesting that Ramsay went for the highest amount that we could have got for him? 

I didn't disappear and if they got him for a cut price deal why did it take about 2 weeks of haggling?

You were talking shite, as usual

What does that even mean?  we could have got £100 billion for him.

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

I didn't disappear and if they got him for a cut price deal why did it take about 2 weeks of haggling?

You were talking shite, as usual

What does that even mean?  we could have got £100 billion for him.

I’m talking shite but we could have got £100 billion for him? Why didn’t we then? Why didn’t we get the £10million up front we allegedly wanted?

Liverpool paid what they wanted and we took it. You were talking shite, as usual.

12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Aye someone mentioned they sang YNWA at one point as well.

Mental.

Aye. Can confirm that fae my young dandie experience.
Though at that time completely unaware that these were songs exclusively allocated to Timmery (in Scotland) as appears to be the case now and over last 30 years or fitiver.

15 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I’m talking shite but we could have got £100 billion for him? Why didn’t we then? Why didn’t we get the £10million up front we allegedly wanted?

Liverpool paid what they wanted and we took it. You were talking shite, as usual.

When did anyone claim that? You’ve just imagined it you fucking beaut ?

No Liverpool didn’t just pay what they wanted ?

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, patrick bateman said:

You can't keep a job and live with your mum.

Pipe down 

Fuck off and die you prick.

Cheap shots at my personal circumstances (irreparable visual loss/impairments, unemployment, back staying at my old dear's house after masked burglars paid a visit to my previous address) is an incredibly pathetic and hollow strategy to get your perceived point across and try to get a laugh. I truly hope you feel better about things after posting your comment. 

That's a strategy I'm more than used to by now (plenty of my so-called friends adopt the same approach as you anytime I'm in their company) but only highlights that you are a fucking socially deficient and inadequate coward and a complete and utter waste of sperm. 

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Who said we wanted £10m up front?

14 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Cheap shots at my personal circumstances (irreparable visual loss/impairments, unemployment, back staying at my old dear's house after masked burglars paid a visit to my previous address) is an incredibly pathetic and hollow strategy to get your perceived point across and try to get a laugh. I truly hope you feel better about things after posting your comment. 

That's a strategy I'm more than used to by now (plenty of my so-called friends adopt the same approach as you anytime I'm in their company) but only highlights that you are a fucking socially deficient and inadequate coward and a complete and utter waste of sperm. 

Well said.

Weird they wore masks though. Not as if you'd pick them up at an ID parade. 

• Haha 4
19 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Surprised Glass didn't sign him up on that basis

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, Liverpool made an offer that we found acceptable and we sold him for what he was worth. 

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Assuming there is no option to buy, you’re right.

One of two things happens if he plays well.

- He goes in to the Celtic team next season 

- He still isn’t in Postecoglu’s plans, & the Tims sell him to a Championship club for a fee way beyond us.

I’m pretty sure we’d have asked to buy him now or at least have the option to do so next summer, but the Tims refused.

That being the case, the question is should we have not gone for another option? 

The Scotsman today

The Scotsman understands, however, Aberdeen are keen to strike a deal with Celtic to sign Scales permanently over the coming months

Maybe negotiations are ongoing?

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Hahaha. Fuck sake.

The clown said he and his colleague would carry out a thorough search of the area to see if they could find the 4 lads involved. 

When the copper fucked off, I fled my property at around 3:10am and the first moving car I passed on the way up to my mother's contained the copper and his accomplice on their way back to the local cop shop, nae doubt away to finish off their game of snap that I had rudely and inconveniently interrupted.

So much for their "thorough" search, lying cunts.