Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

20 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

My house got broken into about 15 years ago, came home from work one day at 6 o'clock and the bedroom window had been crowbarred open. Called the police staright away who said they would send a car round. 8.30pm came and nothing, so called again... lot of faffing from the operator who told me they were incredibly busy but someone would be with me soon. 10.30pm and still nothing so called again and was told they were on their way.

Eventually turned up at 11pm (5 hours after i'd called). Came into my living room and sat down and first thing they asked me was to explain what happened. Told them i'd come home from work at 6 and found the window had been forced open and their next question was 'so why did you wait until 8.30 to call? Why did you not call straight away?'.. i told them 'erm no i called at 6, soon as i realised what had happened. One of the officers goes away outside talking on his radio and comes back 10 minutes later and says 'sorry, the operator that took the original call had forgotten to log it so first we were aware of it was after your call at 8.30.' Bad enough but it still took them 2 and a half hours from then to turn up, just aswell i wasn't a vulnerable pensioner or the burglar had still been in the house when  i got home.

To make matters worse one of the items that was stolen was an old PAYG mobile phone that hadn't been used for about a year, my parents lived abroad and my mum came home for a holiday about 3 months after the break in... when she arrived at the airport she accidentally called my old number (the number of the stolen phone) and somebody answered with an Aberdeen accent. Called the police to tell them someone was using the phone and they couldn't have been less interested, actually told me it would cost them too much to try and look into it.

I respect the police, however they are not very efficient at doing their job.

That is fucking horrendous min. I feel for you loon. Being subjected to sloppy service to start with was totally unacceptable but then they subsequently say it would cost them too much to look into further. Absolute shite but all so reflective of policing in the north-east, and beyond. 

They could have used a location tracking app or similar software to try to determine where the recipient of the call from the stolen mobile was, or at least the area he/she was at the time of receiving the call.

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

That is fucking horrendous min. I feel for you loon. Being subjected to sloppy service to start with was totally unacceptable but then they subsequently say it would cost them too much to look into further. Absolute shite but all so reflective of policing in the north-east, and beyond. 

They could have used a location tracking app or similar software to try to determine where the recipient of the call from the stolen mobile was, or at least the area he/she was at the time of receiving the call.

As your posts also show, they're just not really interested. Do the minimum possible to try and catch the criminal and if its too much work for them, then sweep it under the carpet.

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Actually stands for "not reading that" on here.....usually if a poster writes a long monologue

Ah ok makes sense, but surely in that case just don't read it. Thousands of posts on here i wouldn't read, wouldn't respond NRT to each of them though.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

As your posts also show, they're just not really interested. Do the minimum possible to try and catch the criminal and if its too much work for them, then sweep it under the carpet.

Ah ok makes sense, but surely in that case just don't read it. Thousands of posts on here i wouldn't read, wouldn't respond NRT to each of them though.

Absolutely spot on min. That's the reality unfortunately and we, the victim, ultimately are penalised and have to suffer the consequences, and the criminals are rewarded. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Best comeback you could come up with ? you knew what I meant and I couldn’t be bothered googling it. 

Anyway bore on min. 

I knew what you meant and also how it’s spelled… it’s not even 1 word FFS. You’ve literally shoved a load of letters together and hoped for the best. Only acceptable if you’re dyslexic. 

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I knew what you meant and also how it’s spelled… it’s not even 1 word FFS. You’ve literally shoved a load of letters together and hoped for the best. Only acceptable if you’re dyslexic. 

I try and waste as little time and effort on nonentities like you including spell checking words I have forgotten how to spell.

But as I have already  stated bore on

3 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I try and waste as little time and effort on nonentities like you including spell checking words I have forgotten how to spell.

But as I have already  stated bore on

Forgotten… sure ?

If you try and waste as little time and effort on nonentities like me then why bother replying in the first place? 

22 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Nice giving Celtic the opportunity to nobble one of our CH’s also & weaken us further in games. 

Not uncommon for us to play same team in a league game prior to them in one (or even both) cup competitions. Say Celtic are in this situation & 3-0 up cruising in league game with a few mins to go. They can send on an ‘expendable’ player to nobble our player in a crucial area leaving us completely fkd in said cup games.

22 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Say for example Scales is great for us & we are having a fantastic season & reach the split & are (miraculously obviously) challenging Celtic for (not 1st obviously as that would be ridiculous because it would mean both arse cheeks having a poor season) 2nd place & a potential CL qualifier spot maybe. Does anyone really believe we would get 100% from a Celtic player knowing he’s going back to them for the next season off the back of a good one with us & a chance of getting in their first team for CL? Even more so if the reason they have struggled enough for us to ‘challenge’ them is because of them having say a poor left sided CH 

You do love these crazy hypotheticals fnd. 

Don’t ever change.

I will gladly bet you £100 that neither of your above scenarios happens. 

6 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

You do love these crazy hypotheticals fnd. 

Don’t ever change.

I will gladly bet you £100 that neither of your above scenarios happens. 

Well for this to actually come to happen. We would first have to prove to actually be a decent threat in the cups in the first place, so I certainly wouldn’t make such a ridiculous bet as yet. I am simply pointing out how shit the whole ‘loaning from clubs in same league’ is & how it is more so a disadvantage to clubs like is rather that the parent clubs. Unless you are happy to be a shitey wee diddy club with no ambitions 

Chat now in media is ‘Dons want to make Scales signing permanent in a few months’ blah blah blah. Why ‘in a few months’ ? ?‍♂️ Why wasn’t this the plan at start? Before we potentially give him game time to price ourselves out of the chance?

Whole thing stinks of Celtic trying to get Barron off us on cheap using Scales as a makeweight. 

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Well for this to actually come to happen. We would first have to prove to actually be a decent threat in the cups in the first place, so I certainly wouldn’t make such a ridiculous bet as yet. I am simply pointing out how shit the whole ‘loaning from clubs in same league’ is & how it is more so a disadvantage to clubs like is rather that the parent clubs. Unless you are happy to be a shitey wee diddy club with no ambitions 

I hear you. 

it’s not the perfect scenario but I’m taking the view it’s a low risk gamble and we have made several recent higher risk ones with permanent signings of unknown quantities. 

I’d rather not be stuck with another god awful centre back on a 2 or 3 year deal and if he turns out to be decent then for a minimum one season we get a good player & more points than if we persevered with laurel and hardy. 

Tbh I can’t really recall seeing him play so I don’t know if he is any good or not. 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

I hear you. 

it’s not the perfect scenario but I’m taking the view it’s a low risk gamble and we have made several recent higher risk ones with permanent signings of unknown quantities. 

I’d rather not be stuck with another god awful centre back on a 2 or 3 year deal and if he turns out to be decent then for a minimum one season we get a good player & more points than if we persevered with laurel and hardy. 

Tbh I can’t really recall seeing him play so I don’t know if he is any good or not. 

Only ‘low risk’ IF we are paying a very minimal % of his wages. If we are paying him same amount as we would be paying a full time signing then it is a completely shite deal any way we look at it

6 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

My house got broken into about 15 years ago, came home from work one day at 6 o'clock and the bedroom window had been crowbarred open. Called the police staright away who said they would send a car round. 8.30pm came and nothing, so called again... lot of faffing from the operator who told me they were incredibly busy but someone would be with me soon. 10.30pm and still nothing so called again and was told they were on their way.

Eventually turned up at 11pm (5 hours after i'd called). Came into my living room and sat down and first thing they asked me was to explain what happened. Told them i'd come home from work at 6 and found the window had been forced open and their next question was 'so why did you wait until 8.30 to call? Why did you not call straight away?'.. i told them 'erm no i called at 6, soon as i realised what had happened. One of the officers goes away outside talking on his radio and comes back 10 minutes later and says 'sorry, the operator that took the original call had forgotten to log it so first we were aware of it was after your call at 8.30.' Bad enough but it still took them 2 and a half hours from then to turn up, just aswell i wasn't a vulnerable pensioner or the burglar had still been in the house when  i got home.

To make matters worse one of the items that was stolen was an old PAYG mobile phone that hadn't been used for about a year, my parents lived abroad and my mum came home for a holiday about 3 months after the break in... when she arrived at the airport she accidentally called my old number (the number of the stolen phone) and somebody answered with an Aberdeen accent. Called the police to tell them someone was using the phone and they couldn't have been less interested, actually told me it would cost them too much to try and look into it.

I respect the police, however they are not very efficient at doing their job.

So did it turn out to be Liam Scale's that robbed you?

• Haha 10