JG wants to make the loan permanent in the January window. What fkn use is that Jim? Agree it now at a fixed price or fkr off.

Waiting until January is of no benefit to anyone but Celtic. They will know then if he’s shite or played decent & can set the price at a level we cannot afford 

35 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

JG wants to make the loan permanent in the January window. What fkn use is that Jim? Agree it now at a fixed price or fkr off.

Waiting until January is of no benefit to anyone but Celtic. They will know then if he’s shite or played decent & can set the price at a level we cannot afford 

Come on Barron please hurry up and sign that extension.

• Haha 2
46 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Do you think this is just being said to make the fans feel better about it? Was so many against the loan without a buyout and fans were pretty vocal on socials. Seems ridiculous to try and buy him and not have a fee agreed, if he has any type of success we will be priced out. Feels like we tried to insert a clause but Celtic weren't interested in selling so we sanctioned the loan. Just cant see us getting him on a permanent unless he performs really poorly in which case we surely wouldn't want him. Just feels a bit like we are running with this to take the heat off the club.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

And we should have a better idea as to whether he's worth shelling out a substantial fee for and. 

And the player himself'll have a better idea about whether HE wants to make the move permanent 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Millertime said:

I never use this term,  but I'm going to here 

He is a proper baller 

Really, really good player and I'd be looking to get him signed permanently, even if it's 500k

Yeah he's a good player and, setting aside the feelings about loaning from Celtic, he's going to be a big asset for us this season.

The risk is he plays too well and they either take him back or sell him to someone else instead.

This is where the loan thing is a knife edge at our level.  Its actually in Celtics interests that we have a decent "baller."  Their player is improving, he cant (I assume) play against them but hopefully he can help us to take points off the Hun which is a win-win for both of us (with the caveat of course that that assumes we never get ideas above our station about finishing any higher than 3rd overall).

But if he does too well they either recall him for their side especially if they have injury problems or another well funded guffy side comes in paying inflated fees for a proven arse cheek player.

Thats the gamble.

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

This is where the loan thing is a knife edge at our level.  Its actually in Celtics interests that we have a decent "baller."  Their player is improving, he cant (I assume) play against them but hopefully he can help us to take points off the Hun which is a win-win for both of us (with the caveat of course that that assumes we never get ideas above our station about finishing any higher than 3rd overall).

But if he does too well they either recall him for their side especially if they have injury problems or another well funded guffy side comes in paying inflated fees for a proven arse cheek player.

Thats the gamble.

Ryan Christie is the perfect example of this.

I guess we've got to weigh up whether his overall contribution on loan in the games he does play outweigh the risk that we might not be able to convert it to a permanent deal later.

Something I doubt we'll get agreement about on the Hat

Far too early to make any judgement on both him and Stewart right now. The quality of opposition we have faced isn't good enough to do so. I suppose it's a case of so far so good though.

I do have a nagging suspicion that Stewart in particular might well struggle against better quality strikers bearing in mind the level (mainly EFL1, with a bit of relegation level ECL) he has played at. I thought he'd be faster than he is. And he might struggle even more so at set pieces due to his physicality....or lack of. 

As others have said....if Scales does well, the risk is Celtic will take him back and look for a fee for him well in excess of what we can afford.

8 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Thats the gamble.

Which is why we should never entertain loans from either of the weegie cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Far too early to make any judgement on both him and Stewart right now. The quality of opposition we have faced isn't good enough to do so. I suppose it's a case of so far so good though.

I do have a nagging suspicion that Stewart in particular might well struggle against better quality strikers bearing in mind the level (mainly EFL1, with a bit of relegation level ECL) he has played at. I thought he'd be faster than he is. And he might struggle even more so at set pieces due to his physicality....or lack of. 

As others have said....if Scales does well, the risk is Celtic will take him back and look for a fee for him well in excess of what we can afford.

I would think we are in a sound financial position to offer the victims a reasonable bid that would meet their true valuation of Liam Scales, albeit, of course, they hold the ace card in negotiations as he is their player. 

An offer in the ballpark of £500,000 should suffice, preferably made before the 31st of the month. 

He's started the season very well.

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I would think we are in a sound financial position to offer the victims a reasonable bid that would meet their true valuation of Liam Scales, albeit, of course, they hold the ace card in negotiations as he is their player. 

An offer in the ballpark of £500,000 should suffice, preferably made before the 31st of the month. 

He's started the season very well.

As has been said it’s not the transfer fee it’s his feckin wages. Has he not got at least 3 years left on his contract and whilst he will likely be one of the lower earners in theirs first team squad he won’t be on small bananas

Just offer them a few hundred k & sweeten deal with ‘first refusal’ type sell clause &/or a high sell on % 

Anything that permits the cunt to play in ALL our games ?

Bad enough loaning an outfield/attacking player from them that has to be dropped to play them as they aren’t as hard to adapt to missing but one of the main central defenders when our back ups are sparse? It’s shocking planning/management by JG. Willingly weakening/disrupting the central defence against one of the two sides that will test it most. 
Reeks of total acceptance of also ran shite 

16 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

As has been said it’s not the transfer fee it’s his feckin wages. Has he not got at least 3 years left on his contract and whilst he will likely be one of the lower earners in theirs first team squad he won’t be on small bananas

He came from League of Ireland to them as a prospect/back up at best. They aren’t some massive EPL club paying players like that £10k + a week. Maybe if he was signed as a cert for future first team

Doubt he will be earning any more than some of our top earners. 

21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He came from League of Ireland to them as a prospect/back up at best. They aren’t some massive EPL club paying players like that £10k + a week. Maybe if he was signed as a cert for future first team

Doubt he will be earning any more than some of our top earners. 

Nonsense 

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

How can people already be hail hailing Scales as a good player when we've only played Peterhead and Dumbarton?

I'll be holding off passing judgement on him until I've seen how he fares for the first month or 2 once the league games start.

Surely you have to say its a bloody promising start though?

First touch and composure, eye for a pass are things that can shine through irrespective of opposition?