Anthony Stewart

1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

Loads of Wycombe fans responding to the tweet announcing Stewart's signing. All glowing in their praise and gutted to see him leaving. Does bode well.

Hopefully, but most supporters of clubs in EFL1 and the Championship outwith the top 6 vastly over-rate how good they are in general terms and also in comparison to SPL teams.

I'm certainly happier about this one though than I am about Scales. 

• Upvote 2

Got a feeling this guy will good.  We've been in desperate need of an experienced, cool head at the back, for a long time now... sounds like he'll bring some much needed composure.

As others have mentioned, fans from a players previous club tend to give a pretty good insight into what you are getting.  Encouraging to hear about his character, as much as anything, given what we've had to put up with recently... a succession of spineless uncommitted wage thieves, cretins and huns... one of our players even went off on holiday 1 week before the end of the season (I still can't believe this happened!)!

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Poodler said:

It’s incredible what happened last season. Releasing the captain and releasing a marquee signing in the middle of a difficult run in must be unprecedented. out of nowhere we’ve gone full Romanov

And two of our best players finished the season by travelling to Seville to support the Huns in a Euro final!

the standards at the club are absolute rock bottom right now…last seasons squad didn’t give a fuck. 

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Got a feeling this guy will good.  We've been in desperate need of an experienced, cool head at the back, for a long time now... sounds like he'll bring some much needed composure.

As others have mentioned, fans from a players previous club tend to give a pretty good insight into what you are getting.  Encouraging to hear about his character, as much as anything, given what we've had to put up with recently... a succession of spineless uncommitted wage thieves, cretins and huns... one of our players even went off on holiday 1 week before the end of the season (I still can't believe this happened!)!

A lot of whom are still at the club. One of the huns a nap to be made captain 

8 hours ago, milne_afc said:

When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

When the law break in
How you gonna go?
Shot down on the pavement
Or waiting in death row

You can crush us
You can bruise us
But you'll have to answer to
Anthony Stewart, from Brixton

I know that my life make you nervous
But I tell you I can't live in service
Like the doctor who was born for a purpose
Tony can't fail (ok)
I went to the market to realize my soul
What I need I just don't have (oh no)
First they curse, then they press me 'til I hurt
They say, Tony can't fail
First you must cure your temper
Then find a job in a paper
You need someone for a savior
Tony can't fail
6 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Seems a bit short for a centre back and going  by some of the posts on their forum he's best suited to a back 3 or at least playing alongside some big lad who can go and attack the high balls.

Who would that be? Gallagher?

Long/high balls is not a thing in Scottish football so should be fine...

4 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

That Wycombe Wanderers forum was weird. Just a bunch of people talking about football and being nice to each other. 

Aye, and there was me thinking a Wycombe forum would be a poisonous pit of parochial paranoid misery, anger, hatred and suicidal despair just like AFC Chat :checkit:

8 hours ago, Helmet said:

"Tools"

?‍♂️

Apparently this was due to him being "like a dog with 2 cocks" in his younger days, ergo, more than one Tool. Plural.

dog with two cocks

Definition

dog with two cocks r6.gif rate  
(Adult / Slang)
Describes a man as being randy, horny; also: persistent; stubborn; promiscuous.

Also, nice to see he has already met our seagulls, and apparently very happy to do so.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

When will the stellar signings arrive ?

Looks like bargin bucket signings at the moment

We need at least two class signings .

Failing that we have been lied to yet again 

Lazy signings where was that mentioned before

Tim Goodwin see's getting a shot of Scales from our big team as a stellar signing.  We should all be excited by his arrival

1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

When will the stellar signings arrive ?

Looks like bargin bucket signings at the moment

We need at least two class signings .

Failing that we have been lied to yet again 

Lazy signings where was that mentioned before

What did you expect? Thats the market we shop in. Nowt new

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Surprised our resident pretend in the know, covid fearty bedwetter didnt predict this

7 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

@minijc?

he sent me a message specifically mentioning Stewart yesterday.

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

He did. Text me yesterday  saying it would be announced by 9pm. Granted he was 4 minutes out but i'll forgive him for that. 

Great scoop by minijc again.

I'd actually heard it at the Boats festival at the weekend despite not actually being there.

Make it public next time @minijc 

OIP.pURIbrEOt2358bZyH0Ud0AHaGk?pid=ImgDe

• Upvote 2