Anthony Stewart

2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Surely being captain isn't written into a contract. That's just stupid.

Why do you think he was made "club captain" when Brown was made team captain? If it hadn't been in his contract there was no need to do anything at all

45 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Why do you think he was made "club captain" when Brown was made team captain? If it hadn't been in his contract there was no need to do anything at all

To avoid the picture which would no doubt have been painted by those desperate to exaggerate any negativity, namely that it was terrible man-management to publicly humiliate Lewis by stripping him of the captaincy. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Same as when Anderson came back and replaced Considine as club captain. Considine remained club captain as a gesture  for a short period before it was phased out. 

A gesture. 

1 hour ago, redone said:

To avoid the picture which would no doubt have been painted by those desperate to exaggerate any negativity, namely that it was terrible man-management to publicly humiliate Lewis by stripping him of the captaincy. 

Exactly. For a new manager to come in and be forced to give the captaincy to someone he might not rate due to a contract stipulation is something that would not happen.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

I used to know the guy who did that. Absolutely no chance he knew what was in the contracts.

We'll the EBTs weren't in the contracts so I suppose that's the point.

From memory Rangers had their club secretary sitting on the committee that oversaw player registrations and he new his club were hiding the illegal payments.

Cheating cunts.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, JamieMT said:

Can't say i'm excited about this signing. In fairness as much as anything that's due to me knowing absolutely nothing about him. Time will tell but on paper he reads no more than a squad player.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:54 PM, JamieMT said:

Would appear we've strayed off the, no lazy signings path a tad.

6 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Good selection. Glad it's no longer Joe, never been a fan of Keepers as Captain and his form seemed to dip the moment he got the armband.

Lol

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Lol

Happy to hold my hands up and say my reaction to Stewart signing was lukewarm at best. But the love the Wycombe fans have for him and the way he spoke about the club in return has made me a fan. Plus i have to trust the manager and recruitment team know a little bit more about these things than an idiot like me.

Just now, NEM said:

Happy with this for 2 reasons.

1: Means it's unlikely that fucking carthorse Bates is going to feature much and

2: Its nae that hun bastard McRorie

Agreed on both points

Scales and Stewart first choice CH pairing? Wonder if he'll start Bates against Celtic since he's already said he was out of position at LCH and struggled. hope he's nowhere near the starting eleven against Celtic