Anthony Stewart

4 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Definitely. He covered Richardsons arse far too many times for comfort. All around shambles at the back.

Motherwell targeted Richardson right from the start.  Doubled up on that side all game.  Was even worse once Morris came on as he had absolutely zero interest in helping his full back out. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Motherwell targeted Richardson right from the start.  Doubled up on that side all game.  Was even worse once Morris came on as he had absolutely zero interest in helping his full back out. 

The winger was moving inside and he was following him all day, fullback hugged the touchline and the midfielder made the wide run. Happened about 4 times in the first half. 

41 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah I think it was CCB who was saying earlier how easy it was for Motherwell. Very exposed today.

2 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

I think the issue is that Scales, being a loanee was willing to be Robin to Stewart's Batman, if you will.

McCrorie want's to be (and possibly should've been), captain this season - I don't think he's listening to Stewart and today it showed.

It's a case of too many cooks and Goodwin underestimating the difficulty/importance of having a well rehearsed defensive partnership. 

Stewart to block, Scales to pass.  

McCrorie blew his chance of being captain when he fucked off to watch the Huns 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Two non league duds. No major surprise that they’re both hopeless 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely hopeless at passing. Works okay alongside Scales, as Scales can pass pretty well. Doesn't work so well with McCrorie as neither of them are great passers. He is a good defender though. I think the fact he has Richardson to one side of him is probably not ideal, as he has no positional sense and is just about as bad at passing. He should really just be playing the ball a few yards to Ramadani or Clarkson every time he gets it - and it's up to them to find space to receive the pass.

8 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Absolutely hopeless at passing. Works okay alongside Scales, as Scales can pass pretty well. Doesn't work so well with McCrorie as neither of them are great passers. He is a good defender though. I think the fact he has Richardson to one side of him is probably not ideal, as he has no positional sense and is just about as bad at passing. He should really just be playing the ball a few yards to Ramadani or Clarkson every time he gets it - and it's up to them to find space to receive the pass.

I tend to agree on most of this. His RB is often out of position, meaning he gets pulled over, and his fellow CB is not a CB. I think with a consistent defensive partner and a RB with better positional sense he would look better. None of this justifies his woeful passing though. 

As you say, win it and play the easy pass, that should be within the gift of any pro footballer at any level. If he can't find a man he can make a pass to then maybe try the odd hopeful long ball, we have the pace to chase them down