Anthony Stewart

28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This signing has certainly sent a message to Gallagher and Bates, especially after Goodwin saying he prefers a left footer at left centre back. 

Both fucked.  

Gallagher will be gone this summer, Bates by next summer latest. 

There is a good possibility that will happen as both of them have provided awful service to our club, David Bates's two goals apart (however, considering the amount he has contributed to at the opposite end of the pitch negates that stat completely).

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This signing has certainly sent a message to Gallagher and Bates, especially after Goodwin saying he prefers a left footer at left centre back. 

Both fucked.  

I don't think it's a given that Stewart will start as first choice RCH, I think Bates will start the ( league) season as first choice. Whether he performs well enough to stay first choice for any length of time is up for debate though.

Gallagher probably is expendable but his wages would surely be an issue in offloading him. If we could shift him on with another side covering half his wages I think we'd go for it but any less of a percentage then he's probably better hanging on as cover....we know Bates has had injury problems in the past and a quick look at Stewart's playing history shows he hasn't exactly been over utilised, whether that was injury or form related (in particular seasons 14/15, 17/18 and 18/19) isn't clear.

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think it's a given that Stewart will start as first choice RCH, I think Bates will start the ( league) season as first choice. Whether he performs well enough to stay first choice for any length of time is up for debate though.

Gallagher probably is expendable but his wages would surely be an issue in offloading him. If we could shift him on with another side covering half his wages I think we'd go for it but any less of a percentage then he's probably better hanging on as cover....we know Bates has had injury problems in the past and a quick look at Stewart's playing history shows he hasn't exactly been over utilised, whether that was injury or form related (in particular seasons 14/15, 17/18 and 18/19) isn't clear.

I don't think we're bringing in Stewart to be back up to Bates, TC

37 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Much I would like to give the loon the benefit of doubt, and what you say may work, he's a Scottish League 1 player at best. 

That hasn’t stopped Connor McLennan from being here for donkeys years.

I pray that this summer is his last as a Dons player.

A wee bit worrying we don’t appear to be getting linked with wingers.

Besuijen & Duncan are fine for the right.   
Hopefully we see a left winger in & we get McLennan & Kennedy off the books 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Both fucked.  

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

There is a good possibility that will happen as both of them have provided awful service to our club, David Bates's two goals apart (however, considering the amount he has contributed to at the opposite end of the pitch negates that stat completely).

49 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

bates is fine as a back up rcb

I said on here a while back that the only minutes Bates would be picking up were occasional fill ins at right back. Whole conversation got sidetracked in to why the fuck would you play him at right back @NEM rather than the main focus which was he would not be playing centre back and he'd hang around for another 12 months

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'd agree with that..

I don't think Stewart will be on chicken feed plus Bates is horrendous. 

Bates had a great opportunity at Aberdeen but he completely fucked it. 

Between insisting on putting his hands on the back of his man countless times a game and giving away cheap freekicks and shitting himself when the ball comes near him he's really messed it up.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Between insisting on putting his hands on the back of his man countless times a game and giving away cheap freekicks and shitting himself when the ball comes near him he's really messed it up.

Another season of watching him and Gallagher floundering about will make at least 12 of our fans shoot themselves in the face. 
I may well be one of them. 
The PR fallout would be horrendous. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Correct, although he is absolved of any misdemeanour that led to that signed up lodge member Beaton awarding that snake Sakala a penalty at iprix, denying us of a fair (playing by the rules) win. 

15 hours ago, redstrummer said:

I know that my life make you nervous
But I tell you I can't live in service
Like the doctor who was born for a purpose
Tony can't fail (ok)
I went to the market to realize my soul
What I need I just don't have (oh no)
First they curse, then they press me 'til I hurt
They say, Tony can't fail
First you must cure your temper
Then find a job in a paper
You need someone for a savior
Tony can't fail

Fit's that een called ?......How to suck the life out of a thread ?

Wycombe fan here. You are getting a piece of our soul in Stewart. Absolutely beloved at the club, and has gone through all the ups and downs of a rollercoaster decade or so with us. His playoff final performance against Oxford a couple of years back is so legendary even their fans still talk about it!

Here is his exit interview. Good luck to you, and I hope he does well. I'll be following Aberdeen's results with interest, as will many other Wycombe fans. 

Wycombe Wanderers on Twitter: ""Thank you from the bottom of my heart." @A_Stewart_5 was at Marlow Road today to say his goodbyes before heading north for his next adventure with @AberdeenFC. #Chairboys https://t.co/0yqI0zPDew" / Twitter

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3