Bojan Miovski

13 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He looked good today, hope he’s enjoying the love at the moment because as soon as he goes in a barren run you’ll all be hating on him same as you do with Ramirez. The fickle nature of football fans.

What, as in, love a striker when he scores goals and dont like him when he doesn't?

Yeah, that's usually how it works with football fans and strikers

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

I’m surprised you haven’t got zero on block. Makes threads a much easier read. 

I'm trying not to block him, as I don't think he is a bad guy

He is just in over his head and needs to nderstand that he doesn't have enough depth to his knowledge to back up his incessant commenting on absolutely everything 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Good to have a striker that can stretch defences in behind, been a while. 

Looking forward to seeing this lad when he gets up to full fitness. 

Aye, his link up play does seem to be an improvement on Ramirez. Looks confident as well. 

24 minutes ago, Giblets said:

28/1 on Willie Hill at the moment, down to 14/1 on Skybet

I got 50’s before the season started.

Worth the punt ?

You’d hope Celtic will share the goals around with Kyogo & Giakoumakis being rotated at Celtic (& neither take the pens).

At the Huns, Morelos would be an obvious one but he’s not on pens either.

Regardless, it was decent value 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

His second goal on Saturday was a thing of beauty, something you very rarely see nowadays; a striker anticipating and gambling at the near post. 

I’m not anti-Ramirez by any means, but I can’t recall him scoring any goal like that , or even making that sort of run to the near post to get in front of a defender.   Ramirez virtually always waits at the back post, or hovers about the penalty spot, seemingly hoping that the cross or pass in to the box will be perfect for him. 

1 minute ago, redone said:

I’m not anti-Ramirez by any means, but I can’t recall him scoring any goal like that , or even making that sort of run to the near post to get in front of a defender.   Ramirez virtually always waits at the back post, or hovers about the penalty spot, seemingly hoping that the cross or pass in to the box will be perfect for him. 

Very true loon. If Ramirez is in the mood and he receives a precise pass and cross, inevitably it gets put away. His goals at iprix and Ferguslie are just a couple of occasions from last season that back that up.

However, as you quite rightly say, he never gambles at the near post, as arguably if he did, he would be a 25 goals a season striker.

Miovski, on the other hand, anticipates, gambles, finishes well, but also busts a gut for our team. His flick ons are excellent.

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Miovski, on the other hand, anticipates, gambles, finishes well

I like Miovski, he’s going to be a star for us… but… he’s scored 1 goal like that and 2 penalties. That could potentially be the only goal he scores like that all season. I’d wait a while before proclaiming him the greatest striker of all time.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I like Miovski, he’s going to be a star for us… but… he’s scored 1 goal like that and 2 penalties. That could potentially be the only goal he scores like that all season. I’d wait a while before proclaiming him the greatest striker of all time.

He's need quite up to the levels of Gerd Muller and Gabriel Batistuta, and nor was that inferred min, but let's enjoy him progressing well and scoring for fun whilst he is at our club. 

It is not every day, nor season mind you, when we have got a striker of his class and ability.

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

scoring for fun whilst he is at our club. 

It is not every day, nor season mind you, when we have got a striker of his class and ability.

I hope you're right, but as he said i'll personally wait until he's played a good amount of games and shown he can consistently be good before i start gushing about how great he is.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I hope you're right, but as he said i'll personally wait until he's played a good amount of games and shown he can consistently be good before i start gushing about how great he is.

The signs are very good so far though and it's high time us Aberdeen supporters had something or someone to rejoice in.

I, for one, will certainly enjoy Miovski's scoring and footballing prowess while it continues and lasts.?

• Haha 1