Bojan Miovski

8 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

If your going to put on a bet like that, lump it on Ramirez. By far the likeliest of the 3 to end up top scorer.

Ffs min.  What's more important to you?  The team or Ramirez? 

Every time one of our new strikers is mentioned you make it about Ramirez. 

You should be pleased that we're strengthening our attacking options, nae worrying how it might affect Ramirez. 

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

There's scope to play both Miovski and Ramirez (providing he is still here) in a lot of games, we have the players for a 4-3-1-2 as well with any of the midfield 3 being capable of dropping in to defence when the full backs are on the attack. 

Just guessing obviously, but from the information that's been flying around - I don't think Miovski will end up playing centrally/leading the line - unless Ramirez is away and Duk ends up being a donkey....

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ffs min.  What's more important to you?  The team or Ramirez? 

Every time one of our new strikers is mentioned you make it about Ramirez. 

You should be pleased that we're strengthening our attacking options, nae worrying how it might affect Ramirez. 

I am pleased we’re strengthening our attacking options… especially after last season. And the players we’ve signed clearly have a lot of potential. Miovski in particular.

I honestly couldn’t care less about how it’ll affect Ramirez if he’s not our number 1 striker. What I do know though is that out of the 3 Ramirez is the one I’d trust most to score a bucketload of goals for us. Yes we all know he went in a sulk last season which is pathetic for any footballer, but prior to that he scored 15 goals in half a season (without any penalties).

I’ll admit I don’t get where people like yourself are getting the confidence that Miovski or Duk could get 20+ goals for us this season. Just not sure what your basing that on? A fit and firing Ramirez on penalties could easily hit 30 goals this season, the other 2 I’m not so sure about (yet).

It genuinely seems some people would rather cut off their nose to spite their face with regards to Ramirez. Would dump him (the only proven out and out goalscorer, and just ‘hope for the best’ with the other 2.

Maybe I’m not the one that doesn’t have the best interests of the team at heart.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I am pleased we’re strengthening our attacking options… especially after last season. And the players we’ve signed clearly have a lot of potential. Miovski in particular.

I honestly couldn’t care less about how it’ll affect Ramirez if he’s not our number 1 striker. What I do know though is that out of the 3 Ramirez is the one I’d trust most to score a bucketload of goals for us. Yes we all know he went in a sulk last season which is pathetic for any footballer, but prior to that he scored 15 goals in half a season (without any penalties).

I’ll admit I don’t get where people like yourself are getting the confidence that Miovski or Duk could get 20+ goals for us this season. Just not sure what your basing that on? A fit and firing Ramirez on penalties could easily hit 30 goals this season, the other 2 I’m not so sure about (yet).

It genuinely seems some people would rather cut off their nose to spite their face with regards to Ramirez. Would dump him (the only proven out and out goalscorer, and just ‘hope for the best’ with the other 2.

Maybe I’m not the one that doesn’t have the best interests of the team at heart.

Nah you're way off.  

Last season we had one striker and we had to rely on him through rain or shine which was fine the first half of the season but a disaster in the second half. It also made us pretty predictable in an attacking sense. 

This year we've got options to play different players, different combinations of players and different attacking formations.  If one isn't on form he'll know that there are options to replace him.  And vice versa. 

We need to use all of them to our best effect and mix things up.  Not have a fixed pecking order. 

Not a single person has said that the other two will out score Ramirez or not. 

I think most are just pleased that we have genuine options up front. And what seems to be a variety of skillsets across the 3 players concerned. 

And I've never once made any predictions about how many goals each will score so nae sure why you're pinning that on me. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

There's scope to play both Miovski and Ramirez (providing he is still here) in a lot of games, we have the players for a 4-3-1-2 as well with any of the midfield 3 being capable of dropping in to defence when the full backs are on the attack. 

I think this would possibly suit our current group of players better than 4231... would allow us to field our best players.

Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales Hayes

McCrorie Barron Ramadani

Besoujin

Ramirez Miovski

Not a huge fan of Hayes at LB but definitely better than MacKenzie or Hancock.

42 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think this would possibly suit our current group of players better than 4231... would allow us to field our best players.

Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales Hayes

McCrorie Barron Ramadani

Besoujin

Ramirez Miovski

Not a huge fan of Hayes at LB but definitely better than MacKenzie or Hancock.

I thought a diamond 4-4-2 but there is a severe lack of width which asks a lot of our fullbacks (where we are weakest in my opinion). Also Ramirez is the type of player who requires wide players putting balls into the middle for him. 

Your 4-3-2-1 is a version of a 4-3-3 which Goodwin will deploy this season. Needs miovski and Vicente moving wide to work. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nah you're way off.  

Last season we had one striker and we had to rely on him through rain or shine which was fine the first half of the season but a disaster in the second half. It also made us pretty predictable in an attacking sense. 

This year we've got options to play different players, different combinations of players and different attacking formations.  If one isn't on form he'll know that there are options to replace him.  And vice versa. 

We need to use all of them to our best effect and mix things up.  Not have a fixed pecking order. 

Not a single person has said that the other two will out score Ramirez or not. 

I think most are just pleased that we have genuine options up front. And what seems to be a variety of skillsets across the 3 players concerned. 

And I've never once made any predictions about how many goals each will score so nae sure why you're pinning that on me. 

Everything doesn’t need to be an argument. I agree with a lot of what you say.. one of the biggest failings of our management last season was that we didn’t have any options in attack, it should have been resolved in January and we wouldn’t have had to rely on an unhappy and out of form Ramirez.

The fact we do now have options and as you say a variety of skill sets is fantastic and genuinely looking forward to the season ahead as hopefully we’ll see a lot of goals.

There are clearly people on here (maybe not you) that believe Miovski will be our number 1 striker which is fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m just not sure where they’re basing their beliefs that he’ll be the better striker on, or even in some cases that we can get rid of Ramirez now Miovski is here as we no longer need him.

I honest think with a couple more creative type players coming in these 3 could score 50-60 between them in all competitions this season, but I also think Ramirez would score the most.as (from what I’ve seen) he’s the more out and out goalscorer.

• Upvote 2
23 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Anyways most importantly what number is he going to be?

Dead against giving your striker no 6 or no7 so it needs to be a high number if Lopes has nicked 11

7 was ok for Charlie Nic, Cantona, Shevchenko and Ronaldo. He's in good company. 

Give him 7.

Anyway, I'm all for scrapping squad numbers and bring back 1 to 11

On 7/22/2022 at 12:19 PM, Tord31 said:

Anyways most importantly what number is he going to be?

Dead against giving your striker no 6 or no7 so it needs to be a high number if Lopes has nicked 11

20 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

7 was ok for Charlie Nic, Cantona, Shevchenko and Ronaldo. He's in good company. 

Give him 7.

Anyway, I'm all for scrapping squad numbers and bring back 1 to 11

Interesting development this morning apparently