Starting XI

With all the new signings this week and the speculation of a couple more coming, could expect to see the following lineup going into the start of the league season:

Hladky

Richardson          Stewart                Scales           MacKenzie

Barron              McCrorie

Besuijen                       Ronan                      Duncan

Miovski

Subs: Lewis, Bates, Ngwenya, Ramadani, Polvara, Hayes, Kennedy, Watkins, Ramirez

The rest: Gallagher & McLennan (most likely to leave)

Is this strong enough?

• Haha 1

Depends how quickly Ferguson can get himself away. Hopefully it's fairly quickly but I could easily see him having to wait until on or near to deadline day to get it. If he's still with us in early August it leaves Goodwin a bit of a dilemma, does he start him in our league matches or does he wrap him in cotton wool and leave him on the bench only to be used in emergency to ensure that as much as possible his injury risk is limited? 

I'm going to go for                                                               Hladcky/Lewis

McCrorie       Bates/Stewart     Scales         MacKenzie  

Ramandani           Barron

Besuijen        Ferguson/Polvara   Ronan/Hayes

Miovski

Subs ...Richardson, Kennedy, Watkins, Ramirez and the ones that don't start where I've put options.

Where I've put 2 players in obviously some haven't signed as yet (and obv may not do its still guesswork at this point) but the players Ive put on the left hand side are the ones who I think will start matches if they join up or are still with us. In The Bates/Stewart situation I'm going with my gut that Bates will get the first crack at being RCH but fully get why others might think we haven't signed  Stewart to be a back-up. 

Just focus on the players that are here at the moment....

Lewis

McCrorie Stewart Scales Hayes

Ferguson Barron Ramdani

Besuijen Ramirez Miosvki

I'll come back when we sell or buy anyone. I think the club will be gutted to miss out on the Norwegian. 6ft6 and his stats were pretty decent considering he was in a shit team, and having Miosvki in beside him on the left and Besuijen on the other side.

We've got too many midfielders so if Ferguson is with us then McCrorie will almost certainly start the season in defence as its unlikely Barron or Ramadani will be benched. 

Plenty time though as I don't imagine we'll attempt a first XI until the Raith game at the earliest.

Left side still needs work as it's a real weakness. 

Mackenzie and Ngwenya should fight it out to be back up left back.   Not sure either are currently equipped to be first choice. 

And we need a left winger so Hayes is back up.   Hayes and Kennedy as the two left wing choices needs upgraded sharpish. 

A central attacking midfielder would be the next area to be sorted. Haven't had a decent one since Christie went back to Celtic. 

I'm pretty confident that Hladky will come in for Lewis. Can't see Ipswich being that difficult to deal with. 

Lewis 

Richardson   Bates  Stewart   McKenzie    

Barron.   Ramdani  Mcorrie

besuijen                              Hayes/Kennedy
                         Ramirez/miosvki

Not putting in fergie because I think He will be sold , 

5 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Ipswich apparently holding out for 100k on hladky, I thought he was frozen out, brass neck asking for a fee, 100k not an insignificant sum. I reckon tell them we’re not interested and the penny will drop that they’ll have pointless wages still on the books.

Or just pay the 100k and get the lad in. It's nothing if it's for a player that club rate and really want.

I think this formation would suit us well (if Richardson is any good and Ferguson goes)

Lewis

McCrorie Stewart Scales

Richardson Barron Ramandani Hayes

Besuijen Ramirez Miovski

I know we won’t be playing this formation, Goodwin said we’ll be 4 at the back, but on paper it looks like it could work.

Guest milne_afc
Just now, Millertime said:

Haha what's young niall told you!?

I’m not on the mailing list.

Just hacked Zeus’ emails ?

48 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Anyone think Miovski will play on the left of a from 3 with Bensuijen on the right and whether it's Ramirez or someone else in the middle, Miovski looks like he can use the ball I think him and Vicente would could cause havoc 

It seems like he can play left wing, second striker or striker. 

Macedonian and Hungarian pundits seem to think he is much better in the central striker role.

41 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

It's mental what 5 signings can do. Particularly the types of signing we've made this time round, not like Curtis Main etc.

Are they much better? Didn't that team in Macedonia get relegated? 

19 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

If that's the case Ramirez will be off I'd think 

100% we were not away to pay big fees for two new strikers and retain Ramirez.

but since we missed out on Lauritsen he'll have to stick around for a few extra weeks. US transfer window opens on July 7th.

1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

It's mental what 5 signings can do. Particularly the types of signing we've made this time round, not like Curtis Main etc.

TBF, other than youtube clips they're unknown to dons fans and untested in spfl other than maybe Scales. But also TBF, it appears that they've been properly identified and the club's got them in - so well done there.

I'm optimistic that Goodwin has a system in mind and a plan to get that system working correctly. Proof's in the pudding though

1 hour ago, PondHopper said:

Are they much better? Didn't that team in Macedonia get relegated? 

I listened to a podcast the other day, where a Hungarian journalist was speaking about MTK. They were an absolute shambles last year - but Miovski still managed to score goals and stick out.