Starting XI

8 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Are they much better? Didn't that team in Macedonia get relegated? 

I didn't specifically say anything about being better to be fair. I was auggesting that they're certainly a bit more exciting than the likes of Curtis Main. Who sounds more exciting, Miovski or Main?

7 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

TBF, other than youtube clips they're unknown to dons fans and untested in spfl other than maybe Scales. But also TBF, it appears that they've been properly identified and the club's got them in - so well done there.

I'm optimistic that Goodwin has a system in mind and a plan to get that system working correctly. Proof's in the pudding though

Aye Goodwin is making a big deal about us signing exactly the type ofbplayer he was looking for, so if he has the right idea it should all fit

10 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Could we see a 3-5-2?

I'm an advocate of a back three, provided they are the correct type of player, the wing backs have to be tireless and mobile and you need to have a right footed and left footed, centre backs and also one who is dominant and takes command

14 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I wish I shared everyone’s enthusiasm about the new players. Maybe I’ve just become miserable from our recent shiteness but I am fearing we are building a Dundee 2003 style team. Heaps of foreigners, bottom 6 and a massive wage bill ?

I don't think that's fair. 

We've a core of players who're Scottish or have been playing in the UK. As it stands, half our starting XI are players who've been playing with us for a while. Lewis, McKenzie, McCrorie, Barron, Ferguson & Hayes are all likely starters as things stand. 

I like the signing strategy. Combining the established players we have with some UK based players who're not unaccustomed to the UK style of game & a sprinkling of foreign players who we have the potential to develop and sell on. 

37 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I wish I shared everyone’s enthusiasm about the new players. Maybe I’ve just become miserable from our recent shiteness but I am fearing we are building a Dundee 2003 style team. Heaps of foreigners, bottom 6 and a massive wage bill ?

Bit of a no win situation then? Recruitment team moaned at if they don't cast the net wider then concern that we have 'heaps of foreigners'? 

43 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

And I suspect that is why Goodwin is going on about "correct characters" the due diligence process etc, the club taking their time so they minimise mistakes and get the correct players with the correct character.

Every transfer carries an element of risk. Hopefully we have the blend correct to have a great season.

47 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I'm not getting excited for any player other than Miovski.

Richardson - Still a player to be developed. Not ready to start 40 games a season.

Ramadani - Doesnt look much different to a McCrorie run about type midfielder.

Scales - Was only able to pick up 8 matches for Celtic last season despite being capable in 4 positions and celtic playing 65 games or so. Was playing Irish league 5 minutes ago.

Stewart - Hopefully turns out to be a great signing and clicks for Goodwin but from the outside seems no change on Gallagher

Miovski - Genuinely looks like a player who was a £2m player last transfer window and could be again next transfer window, and we've just been in the right place at the right time

29 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not getting excited for any player other than Miovski.

Richardson - Still a player to be developed. Not ready to start 40 games a season.

Ramadani - Doesnt look much different to a McCrorie run about type midfielder.

Scales - Was only able to pick up 8 matches for Celtic last season despite being capable in 4 positions and celtic playing 65 games or so. Was playing Irish league 5 minutes ago.

Stewart - Hopefully turns out to be a great signing and clicks for Goodwin but from the outside seems no change on Gallagher

Miovski - Genuinely looks like a player who was a £2m player last transfer window and could be again next transfer window, and we've just been in the right place at the right time

Apart from the small matter of about 7 inches in height.

I honestly have no idea how good this boy is, only ever seen Wycombe play on tv. I'm purely surmising that he'll be quicker/more mobile than Gallagher. But probably not as good in the air.

13 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

With all the new signings this week and the speculation of a couple more coming, could expect to see the following lineup going into the start of the league season:

Hladky

Richardson          Stewart                Scales           MacKenzie

Barron              McCrorie

Besuijen                       Ronan                      Duncan

Miovski

Subs: Lewis, Bates, Ngwenya, Ramadani, Polvara, Hayes, Kennedy, Watkins, Ramirez

The rest: Gallagher & McLennan (most likely to leave)

Is this strong enough?

Strong enough for Buckie, but will be interesting to see what happens in the next week regarding our achilles heel - creativity. 

You've assumed Ronan is coming in, which would be a start, but i wouldn't assume that 1 player alone would fix all our problems in creating goals.

12 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I think this formation would suit us well (if Richardson is any good and Ferguson goes)

Lewis

McCrorie Stewart Scales

Richardson Barron Ramandani Hayes

Besuijen Ramirez Miovski

I know we won’t be playing this formation, Goodwin said we’ll be 4 at the back, but on paper it looks like it could work.

:deadhorse:

He's finished.

50 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

:deadhorse:

He's finished.

He’s got another year in him. Goodwin said in one of his interviews he’s still one of the fastest and fittest in the squad.

I’m all for replacing him if we can, but we’ve a lot to sort this summer. Will be surprised if we manage to sort everything in one go. And I don’t think MacKenzie is good enough either.

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Strong enough for Buckie, but will be interesting to see what happens in the next week regarding our achilles heel - creativity. 

You've assumed Ronan is coming in, which would be a start, but i wouldn't assume that 1 player alone would fix all our problems in creating goals.

Yeh possibly need ronan and McGrath to be honest 

He’s a good player but he’s made it pretty clear he wants to move on. We should be cashing in on him now while he still holds a bit of value.

If we can sell him and bring in Ronan and McGrath with the money made then it’s an improvement on the squad as a whole.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't think that's fair. 

We've a core of players who're Scottish or have been playing in the UK. As it stands, half our starting XI are players who've been playing with us for a while. Lewis, McKenzie, McCrorie, Barron, Ferguson & Hayes are all likely starters as things stand. 

I like the signing strategy. Combining the established players we have with some UK based players who're not unaccustomed to the UK style of game & a sprinkling of foreign players who we have the potential to develop and sell on. 

2 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Bit of a no win situation then? Recruitment team moaned at if they don't cast the net wider then concern that we have 'heaps of foreigners'? 

Absolutely it is unfair from me and a no win situation. But I'm just seeing folk getting very excited over these names but when you look at them their pedigree doesn't exactly look that exciting does it? 

I'm not saying we shouldn't be going for them and I can't even highlight any players I know of that we could have gone for, as the standard is so poor in our division just now. I'm just saying I don't have much confidence going into the next season..... but thats cause the last few seasons have drained me of all enthusiasm!! 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:25 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

To be fair, you have come across as pretty miserable this last year or so.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Absolutely it is unfair from me and a no win situation. But I'm just seeing folk getting very excited over these names but when you look at them their pedigree doesn't exactly look that exciting does it? 

I'm not saying we shouldn't be going for them and I can't even highlight any players I know of that we could have gone for, as the standard is so poor in our division just now. I'm just saying I don't have much confidence going into the next season..... but thats cause the last few seasons have drained me of all enthusiasm!! 

Is that not slightly contradictory as well?