Kelle Roos

He's an upgrade on Woods. 

Cerny and Alexander probably the best backup goalies we've had in recent times. 

He's played over 70 games in the Championship. Derby fans don't like him because of the significance of his calamity against Aston Villa.

Unlike Woods, he'll provide Lewis with competition which should help him find his previous form.

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

? You've just pulled that out of your arse.  

I always felt Woods was far too small to be a goalie. 

Kelle Roos played in a Derby team that was nearly promoted to the EPL. 

Interestingly, (pinched from DrewDon over on P&B) from the 2021 season: 

spacer.png

He'll be a good goalie for this league. Much prefer signing Roos to the likes of Zander Clark.

9 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Derby fans pretty consistent about him on Twitter:

Positives: brilliant shot stopper.

Negatives: prone to errors & struggles with command of his box.

Important Big Joe gets challenged this year…

9 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Reminds me of a certain J Langfield esq

Sounds exactly like Clangers.

If he’s anything close to as bad as Clangers at commanding his box & coming for high balls then Lewis will be pissing himself again

https://www.afc.co.uk/video/kelle-roos-speaks-to-redtv/

The Dons like a Dutch goalkeeper. Theo Snelders holds a particular place in folklore for his exploits in the Scottish Cup and as new recruit Kelle Roos points out, “The fact everyone can pronounce his name very well shows how important he is here!”

Dutchman Roos joined the Dons from Derby County in the summer, Jim Goodwin noting that, “Kelle brings with him a wealth of experience and he will help to enhance the goalkeeping team we have at the Club.

For his part, Kelle says, “I’m very happy to be here. From the moment I landed, everything’s been brilliant. I feel very welcomed and I’m really appreciative of that. Now it’s time to settle in quickly and hit the ground running on the pitch.

“The interest from Aberdeen started just after the end of last season. We stayed in contact, we spoke a lot and we created a feeling towards each other where we both got excited about working together.

“There are plenty of factors that drew me to the club. I did my homework, I spoke to Graeme Shinnie, I spoke to Max Lowe and they had only got absolutely amazing things to say about the club. I spoke to Craig Samson over the phone and that just felt good straightaway, the same happened with the gaffer, with Steven Gunn, it just felt really natural.

“I’ve been in England for a very long time and you can’t be there without picking up things about Scottish football and about Aberdeen. I played with a lot of Scottish lads over the years and they know Aberdeen very well. When these guys talk about Scottish football, they include Aberdeen with the big clubs. That was a really good start. Then I looked at the stadium and looked at the city to see where I was going to live and it all felt good.

“Shinnie only had good things to say about Aberdeen. He absolutely loved it here. He’s what this club represents – hard work, will always give 150%. He did that for us at Derby, he is one of those very valuable players, a great character to have around. The fans loved him here and he loved it back. I think it’s exciting to play for supporters like that. And Max texted me to say he was buzzing that I was coming here, that it was an amazing club and that he’ll come up and see us again.

“I’ve seen Cormack Park and I think the set up is so perfect. It’s a set up of a big club at the end of the day. Coming from Derby, I come from another hybrid training ground and I feel like Aberdeen is just like that. I think it’s amazing, it’s got all the tools to be very successful. Now we just need to make it tick.”

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/video/kelle-roos-speaks-to-redtv/

The Dons like a Dutch goalkeeper. Theo Snelders holds a particular place in folklore for his exploits in the Scottish Cup and as new recruit Kelle Roos points out, “The fact everyone can pronounce his name very well shows how important he is here!”

haha holy fuck its hardly rocket science to pronounce snelders. you should see some of the efforts to pronounce your new pals name that wears number 10?