Red TV Billing Issue

Aye. They took a monthly payment for July RedTV International, when my sub is to end of July and I always pay the annual fee as well.

Went on to RedTV website 

spacer.png

So they have made an erse of something and acknowledged thus, so nae bothered to contact them until they have a buzz at sorting it oot.

8 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

I am lucky enough that my payment comes off last week ofJune. The week later the prices always increase so I score for one year. 
But they always take off the full amount and I have to claim for my DNA discount. I do wonder how many people don’t notice that. 

Same happened with me when i renewed. Mailed them and asked why i was billed full price, Got the difference sent back

I pay my RedTv International sub yearly (automatically) & they debited a monthly charge from me.

are they fkn at it?

JUL 1 – AUG 1, 2022

International Monthly

Qty 1

£17.99

Unused time on International Yearly after 01 Jul 2022

Qty 1

-£5.37

Total

£12.62

Amount paid

£12.62

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Also got a refund. No idea why.

I'd rather they just kept the cash and bought a new player with that seventeen quid and change.

Nice wee wide right player would be smashing.

I'm available. And going to Peterhead anyway. Need boots. 

Get the deal done , Mr Gunn.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Singapore Steve said:

30% increase in Red TV international for the season ahead.  Quite the increase.  Apparently the European games wont be shown live either. 

Big increase that, think on Europe most games will be on BT so likely already on some channel for overseas folk

I've had International for years and always thought it's well worth it, particularly last 2-3 seasons when you've literally been able to watch every single match home and away. Big increase this year which I'd have been fine with if I hadn't read the bit about the European group stage games not being available. That's really annoying, as it'll mean having to rely on finding a dodgy stream for the biggest games of the season. Would've thought the TV company who own the rights could've supplied a stream to the club and made more money for themselves that way, but apparently isn't allowed? Having said all that, I will renew to watch us storming home to the treble! 

The news the European games won't be live is shit but I'm still paying it; I don't get to support the club by attending games so this is close enough.

I'll likely delay watching the Euro matches rather than find dodgy streams and battle that. Instead I'll wait until after 9am my time (after midnight yours) when they should be available for replay and just try and avoid social media and news until then to avoid spoilers.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, a don in oz said:

The news the European games won't be live is shit but I'm still paying it; I don't get to support the club by attending games so this is close enough.

I'll likely delay watching the Euro matches rather than find dodgy streams and battle that. Instead I'll wait until after 9am my time (after midnight yours) when they should be available for replay and just try and avoid social media and news until then to avoid spoilers.

Yeah, watching the re-runs is fine if you can avoid social media and people texting you etc, but not sure I'll be able to do that with the European games - really want to watch them live.

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Price seems to have around doubled over the past 3 or 4 years.

Pretty sure it was just over a ton nae that lang ago?

They do show a lot more games now than they did 4 or 5 years ago, and the coverage is a good bit better than it used to be with Shinie and McDermid, and not cutting out as often, or at all.

On 7/1/2022 at 8:32 PM, sheepcrooky said:

I am lucky enough that my payment comes off last week ofJune. The week later the prices always increase so I score for one year. 
But they always take off the full amount and I have to claim for my DNA discount. I do wonder how many people don’t notice that. 

That's meant to be stopping this season. Should come off automatically.... 

2 minutes ago, TopDon said:

If your renewal date is soon you'd be best to renew it early before the prices go up. Saved myself over £50 by doing this.

You should also get your unused time back as a discount on your payment. 

How do you do that? Cancel your existing subscription and then restart it? I don't see an option to renew early, it just says it'll renew automatically. When do the prices go up anyway?

6 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

How do you do that? Cancel your existing subscription and then restart it? I don't see an option to renew early, it just says it'll renew automatically. When do the prices go up anyway?

Account Settings > Upgrade 

You should then be able to pick the same package as your current package. In my case this was International Yearly. 

You should then be presented with the payment screen.

Verify that the start date is from today and ends on the expected date before paying. 

Best of luck.

EDIT: According to the email I received prices will go up tomorrow (1st of July).