10 hours ago, NEM said:

You canna be defending that miss in the first half pal come on to fuck ?

I've not seen it, poor misses happen, I just don't get why there's so much hate, aye he shouldn't have downed tools then fucked off but he's back here and it would be great if he done well.  he's going to miss some golden chances, just like other players do, he'll hopefully score some that he probably shouldn't be scoring.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So after two rounds

Qualify and seeded

Dunfermline and queens Park

Qualify and seeded but need to draw lots

Aberdeen Arbroath

Qualify

Partick Falkirk Annan ICT and 

Best of the rest

Raith Hibs and Dundee

from SPFL premiership teams , only us and hibs move on as it stands - hibs as a best of the rest 

Guest findlay_1903
6 minutes ago, Bamber said:

So after two rounds

Qualify and seeded

Aberdeen Arbroath

Qualify

Best of the rest

Raith Hibs and Dundee

from SPFL premiership teams , only us and hibs move on as it stands - hibs as a best of the rest 

Super summary. 
cheers. 

2 hours ago, minijc said:

I've not seen it, poor misses happen, I just don't get why there's so much hate, aye he shouldn't have downed tools then fucked off but he's back here and it would be great if he done well.  he's going to miss some golden chances, just like other players do, he'll hopefully score some that he probably shouldn't be scoring.

Because the ones who do rate him, admit he doesn't do much to contribute, but he does score goals, given service

He got perfect service last night and missed 2 absolute sitters, one of which in particular was completely unforgiveable

Plus, 2 or 3 really good chances that he didn't take either

If all he can really do is score, then he needs to bloody score when he has several gilt edged chances

That's why he gets a hard time 

15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Because the ones who do rate him, admit he doesn't do much to contribute, but he does score goals, given service

He got perfect service last night and missed 2 absolute sitters, one of which in particular was completely unforgiveable

If all he can really do is score, then he needs to bloody score when he has several gilt edged chances

Well in some games last season he had next to no service.

No striker in the world will score every chance he gets, even the very, very best players in the world have stinkers, it's not uncommon, you and some others act as if he's the only striker in the world that misses.

We've known for a year that Ramirez is purely a goalscorer and unlikely to contribute much else to the effort outwith it. He had a perfectly good finish chalked off which imo negates the "horror" miss he had. 

He did have a bit of a stinker overall last night but I'm confident the service he will get this season, should he stay, will be vastly improved from what he got last season. Whether or not he gets much game time ahead of Duk/Miovski of course remains to be seen. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Bamber said:

So after two rounds

Qualify and seeded

Aberdeen Arbroath

Qualify

Best of the rest

Raith Hibs and Dundee

By 5pm on Saturday there is a very good chance that Raith will move to the qualify and seeded group and we will be in best of the rest.

The way it's shaping up the final game against Raith could be massive and I see it's televised too.

I suspect both us and Raith will progress with the winner of our game being seeded.

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He had a perfectly good finish chalked off which imo negates the "horror" miss he had. 

Not sure I agree with this logic.

If Joe Lewis made a good save then let a trundler slip through his legs for a goal later in the same game would you say that his earlier good save 'negated' the later error?

25 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

By 5pm on Saturday there is a very good chance that Raith will move to the qualify and seeded group and we will be in best of the rest.

The way it's shaping up the final game against Raith could be massive and I see it's televised too.

I suspect both us and Raith will progress with the winner of our game being seeded.

Like to think we'd have enough about us to beat Raith, Goodwin seems to have weeded out most of those who were simply not good enough/had the right mentality 

Raith game is in 10 days by which time we'll hopefully have Bojan playing and  maybe even Duk (unlikely) with us rumoured to be in for 2 others too

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

Like to think we'd have enough about us to beat Raith, Goodwin seems to have weeded out most of those who were simply not good enough/had the right mentality 

Raith game is in 10 days by which time we'll hopefully have Bojan playing and  maybe even Duk (unlikely) with us rumoured to be in for 2 others too

It shouldn't even be a question whether we can beat Raith or not. If we don't win at home to a team that finished 5th in the Championship last season after winning 3 of their last 19 games then we still have major issues. We should come out of this group with 12 points, no excuses.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

You should get a hard time for the shite you speak.

And the opinion gymnastics that you play. Change your view as often as your socks min, albeit that’s only every 3 or 4 days in glasgowshire ??‍♂️

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It shouldn't even be a question whether we can beat Raith or not. If we don't win at home to a team that finished 5th in the Championship last season after winning 3 of their last 19 games then we still have major issues. We should come out of this group with 12 points, no excuses.

Aye not disagreeing with you however games aren't won on paper

Goodwin himself said we're on a hiding to nothing as if we dont win all our games questions will get asked

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Well in some games last season he had next to no service.

No striker in the world will score every chance he gets, even the very, very best players in the world have stinkers, it's not uncommon, you and some others act as if he's the only striker in the world that misses.

No no, no

Very few strikers are left at the top level who are "poachers", offering nothing else outside the box, or with hold up play

Thats not how football works anymore

So, for the few who are left,  when all they offer is scoring, then they bloody need to finish at least 1 or 2 of the sitters they had last night 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

You should get a hard time for the shite you speak.

And the opinion gymnastics that you play. Change your view as often as your socks min, albeit that’s only every 3 or 4 days in glasgowshire ??‍♂️

Haha

It's because I WANT to like him 

He is the identikit of a player I should idolise

But performances like last night, off the back of the last 6 months of last season, both with hardly scoring and effing off with a few weeks of the season left, make it very hard to

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No no, no

Very few strikers are left at the top level who are "poachers", offering nothing else outside the box, or with hold up play

So, for the few who are left,  when all they offer is scoring, then they bloody need to finish at least 1 or 2 of the sitters they had last night 

Well they don't because there may be a game where all he gets is two half chances and he takes them both, these things even out over the season or they should in an ideal world.

34 minutes ago, minijc said:

Well they don't because there may be a game where all he gets is two half chances and he takes them both, these things even out over the season or they should in an ideal world.

Haha well a lot of evening out to do, 6 months worth of keech to be evened out 

He must be about to score 40 odd goals, great

• Upvote 1

Hancock played well, looked iffy at Peterhead so improvements were good to see.

Ramadani showed good pace and passing ability.

Vinny dropping deeper was good and didn't get so wound up about tackles.

Duncan looking good, needs to react faster but should come in time.

We need to start without Scales to prep for Celtic.  

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I was thinking we’d play our intended starting X1 for The Piggery against Raith.

But the way it’s going, that’ll be a play off to see who wins the group & get seeded for the knockout stages of the Cup, so JG may just play Scales against Raith

You could well be right.

I don't know yet who would be Scales' likely replacement?

Milne (I think it was) came on for Stewart against Dumbarton but I can't see him starting against Celtic so it has to be someone else surely.

51 minutes ago, Dal Riata Don said:

You could well be right.

I don't know yet who would be Scales' likely replacement?

Milne (I think it was) came on for Stewart against Dumbarton but I can't see him starting against Celtic so it has to be someone else surely.

Don’t think he’d gamble on Milne.

If we have a new midfielder in who’s match fit, McCrorie could drop back to left centre half.

Bates would give me the fear against Wick Academy let alone the Tims. 

If we don’t have a new midfielder in &/or ready, he’ll probably go with the experience of Bates…& say a few Hail Mary’s 

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Don’t think he’d gamble on Milne.

If we have a new midfielder in who’s match fit, McCrorie could drop back to left centre half.

Bates would give me the fear against Wick Academy let alone the Tims. 

If we don’t have a new midfielder in &/or ready, he’ll probably go with the experience of Bates…& say a few Hail Mary’s 

I might be a bit more concerned about Stewart playing against Celtic than bates but who ever Goodwin is planning playing with Stewart has to get full games between now and then in the last two group games 

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

No no, no

But Ramirez also had a couple of great assists that were missed by others. 
He didn’t have a bad game last night. 
Scored a cracker. Prevented from scoring another decent one by a good save. One ‘sitter’ was not far around post & easily forgiven had his first not been ruled out (you seem to completely ignore he was robbed of said great finish) the other (which was indeed a shocking miss) was a complete sitter but players miss penalties also & get less stick than you give Ramirez.

He also had a couple of good assists including o e absolutely perfectly placed dink over the top that was wasted, so he offered more than just ‘poaching’ too last night.

You are letting the honking miss completely overshadow everything about him last night when he actually had a decent game in reality 

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Adidas haven’t/can’t deliver them yet.

Brexit/COVID, fuck knows.

I’ll blame the British/unionist cunts regardless ?

Brexit Britain, innit?

Probably left the sweatshop a month ago, and been sitting in a customs line for the last 3 weeks.