The Luis Lopes Thread

43 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Because with the endless info on google, mobile phones , texting, you tube videos, zoom,  fast, easy connectivity to many coaches/managers in Europe/the world and countries with endless talent only a couple of hours away in a flight, it mustve been soooooo difficult.

Thank fuck someone at Aberdeen FC finally has a laptop.

Well, it seems to have been for Stephen Glass, because despite said interconnected world our previous manager managed to assemble a team so bad that relegation became an actual possibility. 

I feel that actually standing pitchside and watching a guy play football is superior to watching his highlights reel on Youtube, tbh. 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Well, it seems to have been for Stephen Glass, because despite said interconnected world our previous manager managed to assemble a team so bad that relegation became an actual possibility. 

I feel that actually standing pitchside and watching a guy play football is superior to watching his highlights reel on Youtube, tbh. 

Agreed^

But to send the odd scout overseas doesnt cost that much.

Ruan air to amsterdam used to be around £29?

Looks a bit large. 

would love to know how the club are finding these players, obviously haven’t scouted them. Will be a champ man style online filter.

anyway 

Luis, ooh wee, (la-la-la-la, lalalalalala)
Ooooooh weeee, luis, (la-la-la-la, lalalalalala)
When I step into pittodrie, all the ladies want to know
I'm hangin' wit the ballers, yeah, or my nigga Tone
I can tell you what they say haters, if you want to know
They say luuuuuuis
When I'm roll in my Mercedes, all the ladies want to roll
Be my Arlene and I can be your Natty F
Oooooh weee, luuuuuissss, (la-la-la-la, lalalalalala)
Luuuuuisssss, ooh wee, (la-la-la-la, lalalalalala)
If you actin' menace I can pick another hoe
Oooooooooh weee (la-la-la-la, lalalalalala)
In the middle of the summer, or even twenty below
I'm a bad muthafucka, I'm way to fuckin' cold
Let me tell you what they say, when I'm pullin' off my drawers
They say luuuuuuuuuuuis
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

11 in 42 in a reserve league for what is probably one of the top sides in that league?  No doubt Goodwin is pulling out signings we've never heard of from afar but are they inspired or are we getting them from a lucky bag? I'm reserving judgement for now.

Not sure it is a reserve league. But anyway guys who play in leagues like the Portuguese 2nd tier or even the dutch 2nd tier still go for millions if they bang in goals. Look at the guy who scored for fun in the Dutch Eerstedivisie. He went for over €2m. Was linked with The Rangers. We can't go out and sign the top scorers from those leagues so we have to look at the guys who fit the mould that Goodwin wants. Like this guy and Miovski. We all (well most of us) like the look of Miovski but his stats weren't much better than Lopes. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Poodler said:

Looks a bit large. 

would love to know how the club are finding these players, obviously haven’t scouted them. Will be a champ man style online filter.

How do you know we aren't scouting them? Been well documented that Mowbray has excellent knowledge of Europe so i'm guessing he has scouts in Portugal.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Wild stab in the dark, but maybe bringing in close to £9m this summer might be why. ?

Fuck me sideways.

Stick to trying to be edgy (& failing). 

Did we reinvest the money received this summer to go back in time to scout a player? What are you talking about

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

How do you know we aren't scouting them? Been well documented that Mowbray has excellent knowledge of Europe so i'm guessing he has scouts in Portugal.

They've also said a few times now that Mowbray himself has been travelling extensively to scout players. 

Just now, Rico1903 said:

They've also said a few times now that Mowbray himself has been travelling extensively to scout players. 

Jetsetter. It's what he's paid for in fairness so i'd like to think our success rate will be fine this season. Not every signing will work out but provided we don't sign 10 then bin 9 next summer then it's all good ?

2 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Why couldnt anyone previously have done that?

I've been saying for years go abroad and got shit from some muppet on DonsTalk.

See how easy it is?

?

14 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Glesga press quoting Benfica have a 'hefty sell on fee' for our man. He's isna as huddick lookin as I thought...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9143338/aberdeen-agree-six-figure-fee-benfica-striker-luis-lopes/

According to that article 'Aberdeen are in the midst of their Premier Sports Cup campaign and face Dumbarton at The Rock on Wednesday.'. Good to know these journalists do their research.

57 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Did we reinvest the money received this summer to go back in time to scout a player? What are you talking about

You didn’t need to be Nostradamus to know we’d sell a couple of players in the summer FFS.

Anyone with half a brain would’ve worked it out.

Mowbray has been scouting in 16 countries since he was appointed if you’d been paying attention.

So I’d say there’s a good chance he’s been scouted. 

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Looks a bit large. 

Might be actual champ man, rather than just champ man style. I'm sure smaller club use it in lieu of scouting, don't know if we do too.

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Definitely. It's a cliché but what players do off the ball is just as important as on the ball.

Like JET during the Dundee Utd game at the very start of last season, sauntering out after HT from the dugout as the slowest, least interested man ever.

You'd never see that on a highlights reel but it told you everything you needed to know about JET. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You didn’t need to be Nostradamus to know we’d sell a couple of players in the summer FFS.

Anyone with half a brain would’ve worked it out.

Mowbray has been scouting in 16 countries since he was appointed if you’d been paying attention.

So I’d say there’s a good chance he’s been scouted. 

Really? How did they know what money would come in/ what the budget would be? 

Using your logic, Does that mean we’ve scouted targets that are worth more than this guy and if so, why haven’t we pursued them with our 9million warchest? Or do you need to be nostradamus to know that

33 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Really? How did they know what money would come in/ what the budget would be? 

Using your logic, Does that mean we’ve scouted targets that are worth more than this guy and if so, why haven’t we pursued them with our 9million warchest? Or do you need to be nostradamus to know that

We’ll have had plans in place for player sales.

Goodwin has openly admitted that.

Stand up min, yer mumbling 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

According to that article 'Aberdeen are in the midst of their Premier Sports Cup campaign and face Dumbarton at The Rock on Wednesday.'. Good to know these journalists do their research.

The Sun journalists are lazy, unintelligent scum, hence why they work for such an establishment.

Cheeky cunts referring to the fee agreed as being "whopping".

Fuck them. I would rather have the itches rather than wipe my arse with that rag.