The Luis Lopes Thread

4 hours ago, redone said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=661InPmeojo&feature=share 

There was this one...but it was very much the exception rather than the rule.

A goal against Caley in a 3-2 defeat at home....possibly the first game after the 9-nil 

It was 2 year after that debacle. What a lovely goal it was at the Beach End. Shame about the result mind.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:53 PM, Bad_Mobby said:
Luis, Luis, go getta goal
Little Jimmy Goodwin he waits for me
Me catch the ship for cross the sea
I sail the ship all alone
I never think me make it home
Luis, Luis, oh go getta goal
Three nights and days me sail the sea
Me think of Goodwin constantly
On the ship I dream he there
I smell the rose in his hair
Me see Jamaica moon above
It won't be long, me see my love
Me take him in my arms and then
I tell him I never leave again
I say, go getta goal
I say, go getta goal 

Quite a catchy song! :sheepdance:

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Alex Di Rocco and Arild Stavrum played alongside each other... still not quite as exotic sounding as our current strikers.

Nor as shite as the 2 I mentioned. 

That could have been quite a pairing if we'd kept them both for a few seasons although maybe a bit too similar 

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Alex Di Rocco and Arild Stavrum played alongside each other... still not quite as exotic sounding as our current strikers.

I really liked Stavrum, but can barely remember Di Rocco. That was a strange period, we had some players I enjoyed watching, but some games were a pretty horrific watch. Think time has maybe rose tinted my view of a few players from that era. I do share a soft spot for poor Zero though 

1 hour ago, JojoJuan said:

I really liked Stavrum, but can barely remember Di Rocco. That was a strange period, we had some players I enjoyed watching, but some games were a pretty horrific watch. Think time has maybe rose tinted my view of a few players from that era. I do share a soft spot for poor Zero though 

Di Rocco had potential to be a good player for us, had him on loan from Sedan in France. But he eventually decided the standard of football wasn’t good enough and so went back to France. 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Fantastic goal today… think we’re going to see a few moments of magic from him this season.

I like to think that was a lot more practice the spectacular rather than luck. He’s already shown he is definitely liking the extravagant. He’s gonna be an absolute blast this season. Of course there are going to be frustrating times but this guy will entertain us for sure.