Hearts - Scottish Champions

Well it makes a refreshing change from the usual towing of the party line, a difference to the usual " know your fucking place, rhetoric we have spoon fed to us.

Whether they can actually do it is another issue, but they had a great chance under Burley, 

It's been coming on for 36 yrs since any club out with those two won the league,  I'm now starting to wonder if I will see a different winner in my lifetime,

Had you told a 13yr old me back then in 1986, I would never have believed it , and it may well have put me off the game for life 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

This really shouldn’t have its own thread on here ffs. 

At least they’re showing more balls than our chairman did when Huns died & we only had one cheek to try & boot

There are times that it’s very hard to reconcile your posts with the alleged position that you actually are an Aberdeen supporter

John Robertson on becoming manager of Hearts gave a very good, inspiring interview,that his ambition was to aim to do as well as he could and to win the league.Derek McInnes.Not once in all his time at Aberdeen did he ever vouchsafe that his aim was to win the league.He won the first eight league games one season and was asked are you aiming to win the league.To the journalists he gave that smart Alec reply 'I am just trying to win games,I will leave that speculation to you people.' Derek McInnes was the apotheosis of the man in Scottish football who knew his place .

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

"Hearts sporting director Joe Savage insists Robbie Neilson's side have ambitions of splitting the Old Firm and winning the league."

Seems like he's contradicting himself a bit, but does he have the right idea?

https://archive.ph/Wt1rv

Ha ha they’ll be back where they belong in the bottom six, possibly relegated again (fingers crossed) 

18 minutes ago, graham said:

John Robertson on becoming manager of Hearts gave a very good, inspiring interview,that his ambition was to aim to do as well as he could and to win the league.Derek McInnes.Not once in all his time at Aberdeen did he ever vouchsafe that his aim was to win the league.He won the first eight league games one season and was asked are you aiming to win the league.To the journalists he gave that smart Alec reply 'I am just trying to win games,I will leave that speculation to you people.' Derek McInnes was the apotheosis of the man in Scottish football who knew his place .

But John Robertson didn't win the league. Words are cheap, and McInnes was right to play things down at the time. 

2 hours ago, graham said:

Was that the season when there was that strange week when Hun DMC all of a sudden was bookies favourite to leave the club, there was a hastily arranged press conference in which he said he wasn't leaving, then we lost to st Johnstone the next sat 4-1.

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Link? Don't mind mcghee saying it at all. 

Jeez a link for a comment on a radio prog from (looking it up) 2007? Was asked something about his ambitions in the league with the questioner awaiting the usual "of course we can't compete with celtic or rangers" stuff but he said to try to win it. Qualified it with "am not saying we will win it but that's what we start with and we'll see how far we can take it".

* Edited to remove 14 "y'know"s. Will just say there was a bit of radio silence before the interviewer fumbled out a "eh? what did you just say?" type response.