Hearts - Scottish Champions

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

1-B6-DDF25-1006-49-B2-9208-DB3-D58-F568-

well well well skins, you hate him don’t you? Another 3 year of his tired tactics lol

Can't say I'm overjoyed. I still say he's here cos he used to play for us. Or he'd be at Falkirk or Partick.

He's led us to some horrible results at home and in Europe. Plus culpable for Hibs cup win.

I think our improvement is down to better recruitment. Neilson went to England and made Robbie Muirhead his first signing. Says it all.

I think he's an ok man manager. But limited tactician. He needs to be more attack minded. Should have held back new deal til we see how he performs in Europe. Can't put it all at his door but we've a long term horrible record in Glasgow. Worse than far smaller clubs. He's not the manager to address that either.

Meh.

6 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Can't say I'm overjoyed. I still say he's here cos he used to play for us. Or he'd be at Falkirk or Partick.

He's led us to some horrible results at home and in Europe. Plus culpable for Hibs cup win.

I think our improvement is down to better recruitment. Neilson went to England and made Robbie Muirhead his first signing. Says it all.

I think he's an ok man manager. But limited tactician. He needs to be more attack minded. Should have held back new deal til we see how he performs in Europe. Can't put it all at his door but we've a long term horrible record in Glasgow. Worse than far smaller clubs. He's not the manager to address that either.

Meh.

STFU

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Meh.

Robbie Neilson always comes across as a couple of dicks short of a spit roast. Not far off a window licker. 

Guest milne_afc

Hearts are shite. Their ‘success’ last season was a complete anomaly based on being nearly average during the poorest football season in living memory.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Hearts are shite. Their ‘success’ last season was a complete anomaly based on being nearly average during the poorest football season in living memory.

Agreed.

They will be an embarrassment in Europe which, unfortunately, will not help coefficient.

So funny they have given wee Robbie a long term contract just as he is going to feck it all up.

45 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Take Gordon out of their team and they'd have been relegation candidates.  They're fucking shite

17 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

They’ll be solid enough. Would be more comfortable betting on them finishing top 4 this season than us. We’ll either be top 3 or bottom 3 this season, nowhere in between 

No way we will be as bad as last season to be in bottom 3 imo. Maybe have some teething problems requiring fixed in January window but the current side is surly a top 6 side comfortably. Hopefully at least within easy reach of 3rd going into January window at worst

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No way we will be as bad as last season to be in bottom 3 imo. Maybe have some teething problems requiring fixed in January window but the current side is surly a top 6 side comfortably. Hopefully at least within easy reach of 3rd going into January window at worst

I hope so. But haven’t seen us tested against a remotely half decent team yet. We had a decent enough European performance and a few league wins the start of the season last year….. 

Really struggle with Goodwin’s immediate response to this question. What kind of mindset is that? Worryingly McInnes-esque.  

Q. Do you get Celtic at a good time with it being there first competitive game of the season?

A. I don’t know if there’s ever a good time to go and play Celtic. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Really struggle with Goodwin’s immediate response to this question. What kind of mindset is that? Worryingly McInnes-esque.  

Q. Do you get Celtic at a good time with it being there first competitive game of the season?

There is genuinely nothing wrong with that ffs. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

He is playing down our chances in public, which, for the umpteenth time, is

A) what he should do to avoid giving anyone any ammunition 

B) wholly different to what he will be saying in the dressing room 

Why do folk not get this?

50 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

What are you struggling with?

Goodwin deals in reality and cold hard facts, not some myopic pish fans have.

Celtic have a vastly more expensively assembled and better squad - it's always a challenge against that.

55 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Playing the Leicester city Ranieri card when they won the league. 

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He is playing down our chances in public, which, for the umpteenth time, is

A) what he should do to avoid giving anyone any ammunition 

B) wholly different to what he will be saying in the dressing room 

Why do folk not get this?

If only people would listen to a man with such wisdom. Aye, ok Hughie. 

I’m not saying he should be making ridiculous claims that they’d pin up on the dressing room wall, but he could certainly be using more positive and less defeatist language. 

On this occasion I can understand why he's playing things down for Sunday. 

He had a shit run last year and he's just assembled a new team that haven't been tested yet.  If we're in a good place by the time we play them next then he might be a bit more bullish. 

None of us really know what we've got yet and what to expect this weekend. 

21 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

If only people would listen to a man with such wisdom. Aye, ok Hughie. 

I’m not saying he should be making ridiculous claims that they’d pin up on the dressing room wall, but he could certainly be using more positive and less defeatist language. 

Maybe he'd rather his players realise and prepare for the challenge that's coming rather the fill their heads with "positive" shite.