Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
redcryptoknight

Hearts - Scottish Champions

Recommended Posts

"Hearts sporting director Joe Savage insists Robbie Neilson's side have ambitions of splitting the Old Firm and winning the league."

Seems like he's contradicting himself a bit, but does he have the right idea?

https://archive.ph/Wt1rv

Share this post


Link to post

This really shouldn’t have its own thread on here ffs. 
 

At least they’re showing more balls than our chairman did when Huns died & we only had one cheek to try & boot

Share this post


Link to post

Well it makes a refreshing change from the usual towing of the party line, a difference to the usual " know your fucking place, rhetoric we have spoon fed to us.

Whether they can actually do it is another issue, but they had a great chance under Burley, 

It's been coming on for 36 yrs since any club out with those two won the league,  I'm now starting to wonder if I will see a different winner in my lifetime,

Had you told a 13yr old me back then in 1986, I would never have believed it , and it may well have put me off the game for life 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

You can’t split the old firm and win the league? One of them would still be above you

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

You can’t split the old firm and win the league? One of them would still be above you

Yeah, that was weird. Slightly schizophrenic comments.

In fairness perhaps he means to split them and then go on to win it, or perhaps he's just not that confident in what he's saying.

Share this post


Link to post

Hearts - Scottish Champions???

 

Surely ye meant Hearts - Diddy, yo yo club, relegation loving mini Hun union flag shagging bastards

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

"Hearts sporting director Joe Savage insists Robbie Neilson's side have ambitions of splitting the Old Firm and winning the league."

Seems like he's contradicting himself a bit, but does he have the right idea?

https://archive.ph/Wt1rv

No. Weegia will destroy him 

Share this post


Link to post

I remember Ian Barraclough saying the same thing when he came in.

Share this post


Link to post

should concentrate on staying in this league going by previous seasons

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

This really shouldn’t have its own thread on here ffs. 
 

At least they’re showing more balls than our chairman did when Huns died & we only had one cheek to try & boot

There are times that it’s very hard to reconcile your posts with the alleged position that you actually are an Aberdeen supporter

Share this post


Link to post

I remember a Motherwell manager who said his aim was to win the league. A Mr McGhee it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

There are times that it’s very hard to reconcile your posts with the alleged position that you actually are an Aberdeen supporter

Aye cos I’m the only dandy that thought Milne was a spineless pussy 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

I remember a Motherwell manager who said his aim was to win the league. A Mr McGhee it was. 

So did Kenny at one of the other weegie sides

Share this post


Link to post

John Robertson on becoming manager of Hearts gave a very good, inspiring interview,that his ambition was to aim to do as well as he could and to win the league.Derek McInnes.Not once in all his time at Aberdeen did he ever vouchsafe that his aim was to win the league.He won the first eight league games one season and was asked are you aiming to win the league.To the journalists he gave that smart Alec reply 'I am just trying to win games,I will leave that speculation to you people.' Derek McInnes was the apotheosis of the man in Scottish football who knew his place .

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Fair play to the Hearts boy.  We should all be having a go at the Huns and Celtic and showing them zero respect.  

The press will round on him now though and try and ridicule him until he 'knows his place'.  That's the Scottish football way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

"Hearts sporting director Joe Savage insists Robbie Neilson's side have ambitions of splitting the Old Firm and winning the league."

Seems like he's contradicting himself a bit, but does he have the right idea?

https://archive.ph/Wt1rv

Ha ha they’ll be back where they belong in the bottom six, possibly relegated again (fingers crossed) 

Edited by NEM

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, graham said:

John Robertson on becoming manager of Hearts gave a very good, inspiring interview,that his ambition was to aim to do as well as he could and to win the league.Derek McInnes.Not once in all his time at Aberdeen did he ever vouchsafe that his aim was to win the league.He won the first eight league games one season and was asked are you aiming to win the league.To the journalists he gave that smart Alec reply 'I am just trying to win games,I will leave that speculation to you people.' Derek McInnes was the apotheosis of the man in Scottish football who knew his place .

But John Robertson didn't win the league. Words are cheap, and McInnes was right to play things down at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ramandu said:

But John Robertson didn't win the league. Words are cheap, and McInnes was right to play things down at the time. 

He wasn’t ‘playing things down’ though 

Share this post


Link to post

Said this before.  Within 9 pts (3 games) at Christmas and 6 pts at the split and take it from there.  Arrogant fucks will treat you as the Plucky loser till it’s too late.  Any better too early and as you say, press will just destroy you.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He wasn’t ‘playing things down’ though 

Self imposed glass ceiling.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

I remember a Motherwell manager who said his aim was to win the league. A Mr McGhee it was. 

It was Baraclough...

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

It was Baraclough...

Didn't hear him say it but did hear McGhee say it. You don't forget something like that.

Share this post


Link to post

If you get isolated football figures saying anything resembling fuck the Huns and Celtic then they'll try and pick them off.  They've got so many journos and pundits of that persuasion. 

But if everyone did it at the same time in a concerted effort they'd soon show how thin all their skins really are. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Didn't hear him say it but did hear McGhee say it. You don't forget something like that.

Link? Don't mind mcghee saying it at all. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, graham said:

John Robertson on becoming manager of Hearts gave a very good, inspiring interview,that his ambition was to aim to do as well as he could and to win the league.Derek McInnes.Not once in all his time at Aberdeen did he ever vouchsafe that his aim was to win the league.He won the first eight league games one season and was asked are you aiming to win the league.To the journalists he gave that smart Alec reply 'I am just trying to win games,I will leave that speculation to you people.' Derek McInnes was the apotheosis of the man in Scottish football who knew his place .

Was that the season when there was that strange week when Hun DMC all of a sudden was bookies favourite to leave the club, there was a hastily arranged press conference in which he said he wasn't leaving, then we lost to st Johnstone the next sat 4-1.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Link? Don't mind mcghee saying it at all. 

Jeez a link for a comment on a radio prog from (looking it up) 2007? Was asked something about his ambitions in the league with the questioner awaiting the usual "of course we can't compete with celtic or rangers" stuff but he said to try to win it. Qualified it with "am not saying we will win it but that's what we start with and we'll see how far we can take it".

* Edited to remove 14 "y'know"s. Will just say there was a bit of radio silence before the interviewer fumbled out a "eh? what did you just say?" type response.

Share this post


Link to post

They're not going to be winning the league or even coming close to second place. I think they will again be a comfortable 3rd. I would take it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...