Hearts - Scottish Champions

You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

If you say your aim is 3rd, you’re accused of accepting the duopoly & pandering to the scum.

If you say your aim is to be champions, you look daft when you finish 25 points behind the scum.

Hearts will never win the league in any of our lifetimes. 
More likely get relegated. 
That’s what they do.

Hun bastards. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
23 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Well it makes a refreshing change from the usual towing of the party line, a difference to the usual " know your fucking place, rhetoric we have spoon fed to us.

Whether they can actually do it is another issue, but they had a great chance under Burley, 

It's been coming on for 36 yrs since any club out with those two won the league,  I'm now starting to wonder if I will see a different winner in my lifetime,

Had you told a 13yr old me back then in 1986, I would never have believed it , and it may well have put me off the game for life 

Those 3..

Newco won their first title last year. 

As long as the non-Rantic and Celgers management teams are permeated with establishment figures who genuflect before them and their fawning media lackeys (Calderwood and McInnes are of course two such examples who did this) and have the mentality that this is the natural order of things, nothing will change. 

We should bear in mind that the Weegia universally wanted both men to remain in charge at Pittodrie precisely because they were controlled opposition; good enough to give the punters something interesting, but never actually good enough and/or ambitious enough to threaten the status quo. What Scottish football needs is more people who can say GIRFUY to said establishment, show absolutely zero respect and then, who knows... 

10 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

As long as the non-Rantic and Celgers management teams are permeated with establishment figures who genuflect before them and their fawning media lackeys (Calderwood and McInnes are of course two such examples who did this) and have the mentality that this is the natural order of things, nothing will change. 

We should bear in mind that the Weegia universally wanted both men to remain in charge at Pittodrie precisely because they were controlled opposition; good enough to give the punters something interesting, but never actually good enough and/or ambitious enough to threaten the status quo. What Scottish football needs is more people who can say GIRFUY to said establishment, show absolutely zero respect and then, who knows... 

The media was full of journos and ex-huns touting McInnes for the huns job, until he knocked them back.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:37 PM, graham said:

John Robertson on becoming manager of Hearts gave a very good, inspiring interview,that his ambition was to aim to do as well as he could and to win the league.Derek McInnes.Not once in all his time at Aberdeen did he ever vouchsafe that his aim was to win the league.He won the first eight league games one season and was asked are you aiming to win the league.To the journalists he gave that smart Alec reply 'I am just trying to win games,I will leave that speculation to you people.' Derek McInnes was the apotheosis of the man in Scottish football who knew his place .

Is that seriously the way you see it?

You don't understand how it is absolutely mental to come out in the media and say that?

To help you along, how is John Robertsons managerial CV compared to McInnes'?

I can't believe there are people who see things the way you do, it's so basic

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Calderwood absolutely loved beating rangers as did mcinnes

So, you're whole point is meaningless 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
27 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Is that seriously the way you see it?

You don't understand how it is absolutely mental to come out in the media and say that?

To help you along, how is John Robertsons managerial CV compared to McInnes'?

I can't believe there are people who see things the way you do, it's so basic

Basically the same.

They've both won next to nothing and both managed really shite football clubs.

Highly unlikely ANY season will see both in Glasgow fail so badly a team outside beats them over a full season of football.

However. Hearts are building and with a potentially expanded Tynecastle in next few years, could have 20k ST holders in a 25k stadium. We're currently at 17k. Similar to a Southampton. We'd need to get serious investment too from our backers and corporate sponsorship. And continuing Foundation money and regular European involvement.

Even then. Our finances would get to a point of being still a 5th of the Glasgow pair. If that.

But for us, having a salary ceiling that might double to players on 15k a week. And the draw of Europe. Edinburgh as a city. Regular cup finals. I can see that we're trying to get us to a point that we can compete in Glasgow, away, not play for draws. But look to win in every game we play. No disrespect, but to create clear daylight between us and particularly Aberdeen and Hibs across finances and playing squad.

Culturally we're trying to build a club owned by fans who all share the philosophy. To believe. To grow. To compete.

Maybe a small example but even giving the Glasgow pair a third of the Roseburn end c 1,000 tickets is us trying to water them down and grow ourselves. Not just about money. But making a statement. This is OUR home. We don't need you.

Read the first para again. But we're trying to instill belief. We don't want to start seasons saying, hey, we're not as good as them let's hope for 3rd.

And I'm not being condescending to Aberdeen or Hibs who should both have their own growth agendas for challenging. Or what's the point every year? I want a team that kicks dirt in their faces. Not one that doths it's cap.

On the pitch it was Fergie that wrote this manual.

3 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Highly unlikely ANY season will see both in Glasgow fail so badly a team outside beats them over a full season of football.

However. Hearts are building and with a potentially expanded Tynecastle in next few years, could have 20k ST holders in a 25k stadium. We're currently at 17k. Similar to a Southampton. We'd need to get serious investment too from our backers and corporate sponsorship. And continuing Foundation money and regular European involvement.

Even then. Our finances would get to a point of being still a 5th of the Glasgow pair. If that.

But for us, having a salary ceiling that might double to players on 15k a week. And the draw of Europe. Edinburgh as a city. Regular cup finals. I can see that we're trying to get us to a point that we can compete in Glasgow, away, not play for draws. But look to win in every game we play. No disrespect, but to create clear daylight between us and particularly Aberdeen and Hibs across finances and playing squad.

Culturally we're trying to build a club owned by fans who all share the philosophy. To believe. To grow. To compete.

Maybe a small example but even giving the Glasgow pair a third of the Roseburn end c 1,000 tickets is us trying to water them down and grow ourselves. Not just about money. But making a statement. This is OUR home. We don't need you.

Read the first para again. But we're trying to instill belief. We don't want to start seasons saying, hey, we're not as good as them let's hope for 3rd.

And I'm not being condescending to Aberdeen or Hibs who should both have their own growth agendas for challenging. Or what's the point every year? I want a team that kicks dirt in their faces. Not one that doths it's cap.

???

Seek help 

19 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

They tried all that before administration ?

4 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

What absolute drivel 

• Upvote 1
On 7/22/2022 at 7:37 PM, graham said:

John Robertson on becoming manager of Hearts gave a very good, inspiring interview,that his ambition was to aim to do as well as he could and to win the league.Derek McInnes.Not once in all his time at Aberdeen did he ever vouchsafe that his aim was to win the league.He won the first eight league games one season and was asked are you aiming to win the league.To the journalists he gave that smart Alec reply 'I am just trying to win games,I will leave that speculation to you people.' Derek McInnes was the apotheosis of the man in Scottish football who knew his place .

Fat alky tramp is Robertson 

, The sorry fact is Aberdeen, Hearts ,and Hibs should all be aspiring to win the league, 

36 fucking years, and in very dubious if any other club outside those two will win it in my lifetime, 

How it will happen will require a whole string of events to transpire, those two to have horrendous injury list,. Referees nor awarding them any decisions, 

Teams to go and have a go at them every week and the two of them to be below par more often than not, 

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

, The sorry fact is Aberdeen, Hearts ,and Hibs should all be aspiring to win the league, 

36 fucking years, and in very dubious if any other club outside those two will win it in my lifetime, 

How it will happen will require a whole string of events to transpire, those two to have horrendous injury list,. Referees nor awarding them any decisions, 

Teams to go and have a go at them every week and the two of them to be below par more often than not, 

thsrtjhjtsj.jpg

12 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Well good luck to you 

Most other teams attendances have dwindled very dramatically, & we see the unwanted spectacle of those two playing at grounds with 60% ( & increasing) of their own fans.

But we also have a master-plan:

When our new £90M ground is built . They'll be no room for them in a 12K capacity  , mickey mouse shoe-box.

13 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Get this tae fuck. A thread about Hearts on an Aberdeen site is embarrassing and it reeks of small time. 

It's an interesting topic in the context of the league, grow up.

Finishes third once in ten years and....

13 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

13 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP