Celtic 2 - 0 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As much as I don’t rate Bates, I can’t see Jim Goodwin throwing him in with NO minutes played at all in the league cup games.

It would be unfair on him too & hanging him out to dry when he in all probability gets rinsed by the Tims attack 

I agree. Merely mentioning the options he has available.

McRorie back with Stewart and Polvara/New signing in the midfield seems more likely. 

4 minutes ago, Helmet said:

This is going to be a bit of a reality check for some fans I think.

We've spent fees on some really interesting additions but it's a huge rebuild and only just beginning.

I'd love us to get a result against them but trying to temper my expectations.

Nae thinking anything will be a reality check.

Anything other than a Celtic win with them comfortable with 30 mins to go would be a huge shock.

3 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

I agree. Merely mentioning the options he has available.

McRorie back with Stewart and Polvara/New signing in the midfield seems more likely. 

It's strange the lack of minutes he's given to Polvara and Milne if he wants either of them to play 90 mins in there against Celtic.

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Nae thinking anything will be a reality check.

Anything other than a Celtic win with them comfortable with 30 mins to go would be a huge shock.

For some it will though. 

A few fans on here talking like we are already a certainty for top 3 / Euro spots.

Taking anything would be a bonus - they started slow last year - doubt it'll happen twice - agree we need to have a go and just not sure about our defense but this will be an interesting test - hopefully not a horror show.

Even last year they were much less effective when pressed - if we give them time they'll likely pick holes in us and win comfortably - are we fit enough to press them effectively and not be headless chickens - we'll know on Monday

Give it a go - 2-0 to the Dons.

I'm quietly confident about this new Dons team, but going to the Tattiedome on Sunday with a defence and keeper that haven't yet been tested is probably going to be a test too far. 

I'm more concerned with the 2 games following that....St Mirren and then fuckingbastarding Motherwell at home. Time to pay these cunts back for the pain of last season. 

A few errors in a game that we won comfortably is not always a bad thing. Gives Goodwin the chance to crack the whip with some being made an example of. Something to work on and improve.

Nonetheless, I always hate this fixture. Improved performance from last season desired, a positive result a bit of a bonus.

No idea what the lineup will be and can't really be arsed with the speculation.

2-1 the Dandy's. Miovski and Kennedy. Bates scoring for them.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

According to that theory then we have to win every game to keep 'momentum' going. 

We aren't going to go the season unbeaten so we'll have to deal with disappointments. 

I don't expect to go the season unbeaten... but we've just won 4 games (albeit against lower league opposition) withour conceding a goal, its the opening game of the season and Celtic have yet to play a competitive match. We currently have momentum, our heads should be up and if we're going to have a chance of picking up something against them then this is it.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I don't expect to go the season unbeaten... but we've just won 4 games (albeit against lower league opposition) withour conceding a goal, its the opening game of the season and Celtic have yet to play a competitive match. We currently have momentum, our heads should be up and if we're going to have a chance of picking up something against them then this is it.

We needed 3 or 4  league games before meeting Celtic.

This team has about 9 new players in it and will need time to settle.

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

We can easily be 3rd and still 20 points off the cheeks. 

Sad really.

Well there is that.

And I've long said the reality is the OF will win every single league title for 50 years if the other clubs choose to sit on their hands rather than force some checks and balances into our game.