Celtic 2 - 0 Aberdeen

Desperately need a centre mid and centre half in the building. 

As most predicted not having Scales really disrupted the team and today should show exactly why these types of loans don't work. 

Not an unexpected result but this won't be what defines the season. Watched a bit of the St Mirren game before ours kicked off and by fuck they are awful. We should be doing to them what Celtic done to us. Except be less wasteful.  

1 minute ago, caledonia said:

Other teams will have a go at them this season and rattle their defence and some will get something from the game.

But it seems our fans are so conditioned to us defending against Celtic that they will defend negative sitting back tactics.

Is this no what we complained about with Mchunnis

Other teams won’t be given the same respect from Celtic.

If Celtic show that same intensity again st Mirren and Motherwell etc, they’ll hammer them 5 and 6 nil 

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I see as usual a few are being written off based on a game vs Celtic away.

Deary me 

A lot of morons on this site like … probs haven’t , sorry obvs haven’t the foggiest idea about footie . Could we have done better yes, are there positives yes, were we playing a bottom 6 team no . Interesting if Hayes had of scored the dynamic of the game 

Vinny was a bright spark for us but isolated. Miovski clearly not fit. Duk clearly even less fit. The lack of Scales and consequential loss of McRorie to the defense was glaring and magnified by Polvara’s naivety. No point being too hard on the young lad. Others struggled too. This won’t define our season. It’ll highlight what needs to be done though. Like gettting Duk on the treadmill. 

The fact our first corner came after the 70th minute tells you everything you need to know.

A comfortable result for Celtic. The fact it was 2-0 for them will at least prevent us as fans from misremembering the tie as a "close run thing" come the latter stages of the season.

Have we made progress? I think so, but this was too tall an order for a side that is still coming together. 

There were things that Polvara did today that I liked. He made some good passes and good interceptions. On the other side, he was involved (or posted missing depending on your perspective) for both Celtic goals.

Safe to say that he will be the new whipping boy of the support. Just what a young lad needs.

13 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Dramatic. Is what it is, can’t judge anything on games against a team with such a bigger budget and settled side.

You can't judge our season on it but compare it to the games last season. 

We actually looked better v them under Glass. Not to say I wish it was still him. 

Thought a Goodwin team would be more aggro and more determined. Game passed us by. 

On to next week 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

Desperately need a centre mid and centre half in the building. 

As most predicted not having Scales really disrupted the team and today should show exactly why these types of loans don't work. 

Not an unexpected result but this won't be what defines the season. Watched a bit of the St Mirren game before ours kicked off and by fuck they are awful. We should be doing to them what Celtic done to us. Except be less wasteful.  

Yeah but it’s a nonsense argument. I’m sure the club would have liked to have signed him permanently if it was an option. As long as the player is better than what we have then who gives a shit. Not as if the games against Celtic in the league will be defining our season. 

13 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Putting McCrorie in defense seemed more damage limitation measures than try to win tactics.

We were always going to be on the back foot, but maybe we could have tried to play further forward than our own box.

We also needed to work much harder than we did... always seems to be our biggest failing.

RMC at CB makes the management of Bates utterly bizarre. 

Not happy with that. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

We actually looked better v them under Glass. Not to say I wish it was still him. 

Thought a Goodwin team would be more aggro and more determined. Game passed us by. 

On to next week 

Thought the same, a Glass team would have a go at Celtic and not let them settle but Goodwin had Aberdeen setup to just sit back and defend. Don’t know if this was forced due to McCrorie playing in defence and not midfield tho

6 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Vinny was a bright spark for us but isolated. Miovski clearly not fit. Duk clearly even less fit. The lack of Scales and consequential loss of McRorie to the defense was glaring and magnified by Polvara’s naivety. No point being too hard on the young lad. Others struggled too. This won’t define our season. It’ll highlight what needs to be done though. Like gettting Duk on the treadmill. 

Pretty spot in assessment. 

A bit of a learning curve for Polvara. I remain positive that he'll come good for us. He needs to be more street smart and physical. 

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

We actually looked better v them under Glass. Not to say I wish it was still him. 

On to next week 

Playing best team in the country, away from home, missing 2 of our best players (I hate the loan thing too) and we conceded a stupid goal early doors.

We will be fine this season. In my lifetime I can count on one hand the times I can remember is getting a result there so just have to move on.

7 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Yeah but it’s a nonsense argument. I’m sure the club would have liked to have signed him permanently if it was an option. As long as the player is better than what we have then who gives a shit. Not as if the games against Celtic in the league will be defining our season. 

I don't doubt they would have wanted to sign him permanently. But Goodwin has also been very vocal about having McCrorie in midfield. So we have to disrupt the team massively because he can't play and we have to put McCrorie back there because we don't have another CH capable of stepping in. 

So i don't see how it's a nonsense argument. We know he can't play at least 4 games this season and instead of ensuring we don't have to weaken the midfield in order to replace him we should have had another Centre Half signed up. Makes the absence of Bates today even more bizarre

Just now, King Street Loon said:

That team wasn't set up to defend. One look at the personnel selected tells you that.

So why did the Celtic defence have as much time as they wanted on the ball and why did it take 70 minutes to get first corner and only have 31% possession the whole game.