Where do you sit in the pub?

Redforever86

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

Thank you, I always get them confused. Everyday is a school day, apart from weekends, the summer holidays, the October holidays, the Christmas holidays, the Easter holidays, local holidays and inservice days.

I’ll help. Affect is normally a verb. Effect a noun. That’s how I remember it. 
I’m absolutely shite with ‘saw’ and ‘seen’. 

Love sitting at the bar in the Vic/ Howff. Always take a table at Masada. KGB usually sit down beside the juker though stand at bar when Izzy is on. Stand at bar in Spirit Level, Sit at bar in moorings if alone, usually at table if with musical guru BSDH. Sit at table in Frigate. Rarely stand at a bar on a weekend evening, can’t be done with the crowds. Creature of habit it would seem

Recently usually sitting outside people watching. Good bar staff can make all the difference. Bar etiquette always maintained. Mostly 

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

Don't make a habit of going to bars on my own... its the good thing about having friends.

If i am there 5 minutes before the rest of my group then it'll be a case of get a pint and play the bandit while waiting.

?

get out the pub 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Always at the bar in the Vic (had my own side for 15 year) 

Masada a seat away from the bar, unless talking to/boozing with the old boys standing at the bar. On a Saturday I liked to get the ledge bit between the two pillars as soon as you walk in the door and lean there 

Bells always at the bar 

Grill the bar 

OKH - the bar also 

The hijinx end of the VB

1 hour ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Different bars, different seats 

Some bars I like sitting at the bar and others I sit away from the bar or at the window to watch the world go by 

if nice barmaids (Horseshoe) I’ll sit at the bar 

if nice barmaids with my missus in tow, away from the bar 

If I’ve the dog, away from the bar 

if bar has window looking out onto a busy street, at the window 

Never understand why people bring their dug tae a bar - chances are it will bark/wander about at some point and just piss people off - or is that the reason folk take their dogs to the bar, just to annoy folks?

If you get a dog then at least exercise it properly, and also learn to leave it outside of pubs & shops, or leave it at home - and if your dog cant be left then wither its no trained enough or you shouldn't have a dog.

Me, in a bar, stand at the bar when on own or in group of males but generally sit at table when in mixed company

13 minutes ago, sigh said:

Never understand why people bring their dug tae a bar - chances are it will bark/wander about at some point and just piss people off - or is that the reason folk take their dogs to the bar, just to annoy folks?

If you get a dog then at least exercise it properly, and also learn to leave it outside of pubs & shops, or leave it at home - and if your dog cant be left then wither its no trained enough or you shouldn't have a dog.

Me, in a bar, stand at the bar when on own or in group of males but generally sit at table when in mixed company

Mobby’s trained his to get a round in.

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

You walk into a bar, alone, where do you choose to sit? What if you are in a group? Does the day of the week effect your decision? 

In a corner. Away from the crowd. 

Try to avoid small talk. 

Different when you're with mates obv but if you're scoofing a couple yourself nothing worse than some pissed up gype giving you the chat 

• Upvote 1