Doubtful: Mackenzie (1 week)

Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales Coulson

Ramadani McCrorie

Kennedy Besuijen Hayes

Miovski

subs: Lewis, Milne, Polvara, Lopes, Ramirez, McLennan, Watkins, Roberts, Duncan

prediction: 2-0 Miovski PEN and Kennedy

I think we're still a way off having comfortable wins against pretty much any team in the league. The likes of St Mirren (and Motherwell and Ross County and Livi et al) all fight like dogs and we really struggled last season. 

Getting on top of them from the off and getting a quick goal would be nice. To really improve, we're going to have to beat the shite teams with a stick each and every time we play them, until they realise that their utter shitehousery is not going to work against us. Then we'll start to win comfortably. 

Saturday will be a fairly nervous 1-0. 

We're at home... Go 4-4-2 or at least have more than one striker up front...

Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales Coulson. 

McCrorie Ramadani

Besuijen.                                 Hayes.  
                Miovski  Ramirez

F*cking yaaaaas !

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

I think we're still a way off having comfortable wins against pretty much any team in the league. The likes of St Mirren (and Motherwell and Ross County and Livi et al) all fight like dogs and we really struggled last season. 

Getting on top of them from the off and getting a quick goal would be nice. To really improve, we're going to have to beat the shite teams with a stick each and every time we play them, until they realise that their utter shitehousery is not going to work against us. Then we'll start to win comfortably. 

Saturday will be a fairly nervous 1-0. 

You also have to factor in that those clubs previously would have come to defend and hope.

Given last season and several games before being honest they now come to attack full in the knowledge that they can always take a breather and defend for ten minutes knowing we can do fuck all creatively anyway.

A performance like Raith is what’s needed.  Get them telt from the off.

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You also have to factor in that those clubs previously would have come to defend and hope.

Given last season and several games before being honest they now come to attack full in the knowledge that they can always take a breather and defend for ten minutes knowing we can do fuck all creatively anyway.

That's not how it generally went last season.  Teams were coming sitting in for the whole game knowing if they took any chances they got they were likely to win as we were just passing the ball sideways and creating fuck all

• Upvote 1

I'll approach this from a different angle and say I hope St Mirren play well and really take the game to us.

Reason being is that aside from a win, I want to see some evidence of fight and positive character in the team.

Too often in the past we either dominate or capitulate - there was no middle ground.

So, I want to see us come from a goal down or (preferably), recover from St Mirren having dominant spell when we've been under the cosh.  

4 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Raith identified our very weak link in defence and it nearly paid dividends on 3 separate occasions during the first half of our recent tie when they got in behind our RB easily. The boy Gullan should have scored a couple.

Whilst attacking-wise we were ok, they could have easily scored a few as well.