Sign in to follow this  
Tord31

Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

1 minute ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Just hope Coulson's injury is not a bad one, walked off however...........

Hops so as he was looking good.  Disgraceful challenge from Gallagher. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken
  • Upvote 1

I love the smell of dry breeks and a fresh mattress in the afternoon :dance:

• Haha 3

Probably as good  a first half I've seen from us in a good while.  OK, they're stuffy as fuck and down to 10 but you can only play what's in front of you.  The encouragin' thing too is we're really nowhere near the finished article neither.  Great stuff.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Probably as good  a first half I've seen from us in a good while.  OK, they're stuffy as fuck and down to 10 but you can only play what's in front of you.  The encouragin' thing too is we're really nowhere near the finished article neither.  Great stuff.

Been men against boys - we are battering them.  They can't get a touch.  St Mirren are shit and 10 men is helping obviously... but it's been a fantastic first half.

• Like 1

I've felt the loan market is of importance.  Good to see a high quality prospect come in and make a big impact.  Hopefully management can see the difference between this kid and that guy from Brighton who should be doing piercings at Claire's. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Yep, you can see the attacking intent is there that we didn't have last year. Better movement all over, pace, getting the ball forward more quickly rather than passing it around all day with no idea how to break down the opposition.

This teams got loads to come yet and hopefully will go on to a really good season.

But no doubt the resident wet lettuces will still be moaning, fretting and griping about every tiny irrelevant detail in about a hundred posts a day on here.

The main difference is they appear to want to take a gamble in sensible areas of the park, a lot less of the safety first, keep possession at all costs mentality of the last 5 years or so.

Also breaking at speed and getting players forward helps

Clarkson just looks like a Liverpool player.

Body language and when he's on the ball, he even moves like he's quality.

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

First time in over a year it’s been enjoyable to watch aberdeen 

Excellent 

Did you not enjoy beating them 4-1 last season 

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Esteemed company the lad Clarkson will be in with by scoring on his debut....

Bett, Van der Ark, Gillhaus, and Shearer are just four I think of but I'm sure they'll be more.

Leon Mike 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Esteemed company the lad Clarkson will be in with by scoring on his debut....

Bett, Van der Ark, Gillhaus, and Shearer are just four I think of but I'm sure they'll be more.

Wes Burns

33 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Has he? He's played a few 5 yard passes and just blootered one a million miles up in the air. I think he'll be good, but I'm not sure he's done anything so far to suggest he's levels above.

That aged well.....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The Welsh boy nobody remembers

Simon Church 

Just now, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The Welsh boy nobody remembers

Max Boyce.

11 minutes ago, Poodler said:

First time in over a year it’s been enjoyable to watch aberdeen 

Excellent 

A few mates have said exactly the same. I've only got commentary due to shite internet offshore. Looking forward to the highlights tomorrow already